IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Why would I buy SampleTank 3 if you can buy Air Music Instrument Expansion for $299?

Because most of Air's expansion pack is minor revs on top of stuff Avid's been trying to sell for years. Strike is a mediocre drum library by today's standards, and Structure's offerings in the acoustic/symphonic department are pathetic even (or, perhaps, especially) in comparison to the old ST2 sounds. And let's not forget how they try to sell Mac and PC versions as separate products, so if you use both platforms or need to switch, you'll be paying that $299 twice.

IK has spit in Pro Audio customers' faces more than once in recent memory, but if you're going to threaten to jump ship, at least jump onto a better ship. :)

yevster wrote:Because most of Air's expansion pack is minor revs on top of stuff Avid's been trying to sell for years. Strike is a mediocre drum library by today's standards, and Structure's offerings in the acoustic/symphonic department are pathetic even (or, perhaps, especially) in comparison to the old ST2 sounds. And let's not forget how they try to sell Mac and PC versions as separate products, so if you use both platforms or need to switch, you'll be paying that $299 twice.

IK has spit in Pro Audio customers' faces more than once in recent memory, but if you're going to threaten to jump ship, at least jump onto a better ship. :)
AIR provides downloads and unlock codes for both Mac and PC version – or at least they did in the version I upgraded to from the original Pro Tools version. Where are you getting the idea the Mac and PC versions are sold separately?

BBFG# wrote:...

And I thank support btw, for waiving the transfer fees since between us, we were unable to get any of the 64 bit software to work on my system (Xeons w/52gb ram). But again, the release date on when I can try a demo of ST3 is all that more important to find if it falls under the same inability.
Believe me, I'm trying to stay away from this thread as much as possible, given that like other owners of ST2, I'm ready to give ST3 a try before I buy test drive.

And yet again, as to the OP topic:

"When is the new release date?"
I missed this!! Transfer fees have been waived?? I can unload the stuff I picked up last year?

First person to PM me, that they have covered transfer fees with IKM can HAVE my copies of SampleTank (1.7.2), Miroslav Philharmonik, and SampleMoog. I'll feel better about not simply throwing these out with the the trash. I think there is > $200 wrapped up in this software. I am not willing to spend my own money transferring. Again - free to good home... but you have to cover transfer fees. (Maybe you can get the good folks at IKM to waive em?).

Joe
Apologies for the SPAM .. assuming it's ok - since that is what this thread is all about.

The topic has been answered... Within mid-year, and we're on target for that timeframe. You'll know when we're very close when it goes on preorder soon. And no, we haven't waived transfer fees overall - yet.

Here is a Cembalet from SampleTank 3 with the EQ Comp effect on one of the five inserts. What is the cembalet's country of origin? For those unfamiliar, the cembalet is a reed-based electric piano:

yevster wrote: Strike is a mediocre drum library by today's standards, and Structure's offerings in the acoustic/symphonic department are pathetic even (or, perhaps, especially) in comparison to the old ST2 sounds.
Strike is far from mediocre, and some of its features are second to none.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:The topic has been answered... Within mid-year, and we're on target for that timeframe. You'll know when we're very close when it goes on preorder soon. And no, we haven't waived transfer fees overall - yet.

Here is a Cembalet from SampleTank 3 with the EQ Comp effect on one of the five inserts. What is the cembalet's country of origin? For those unfamiliar, the cembalet is a reed-based electric piano:
This is getting tedious. Can't you just post a list of all instruments, and get it over with?

jdoo wrote:
BBFG# wrote:...

And I thank support btw, for waiving the transfer fees since between us, we were unable to get any of the 64 bit software to work on my system (Xeons w/52gb ram). But again, the release date on when I can try a demo of ST3 is all that more important to find if it falls under the same inability.
Believe me, I'm trying to stay away from this thread as much as possible, given that like other owners of ST2, I'm ready to give ST3 a try before I buy test drive.

And yet again, as to the OP topic:

"When is the new release date?"
I missed this!! Transfer fees have been waived?? I can unload the stuff I picked up last year?

First person to PM me, that they have covered transfer fees with IKM can HAVE my copies of SampleTank (1.7.2), Miroslav Philharmonik, and SampleMoog. I'll feel better about not simply throwing these out with the the trash. I think there is > $200 wrapped up in this software. I am not willing to spend my own money transferring. Again - free to good home... but you have to cover transfer fees. (Maybe you can get the good folks at IKM to waive em?).

Joe
Apologies for the SPAM .. assuming it's ok - since that is what this thread is all about.
They do this on a case by case basis. My case happened to be because after trying to get the 64 bit Amplitube 3 and T-Racks to not crash on opening, that support granted that it was a product that should have worked but never did. This is why a demo of ST3 has become most important to me, since it may not work either.
Please note that I still have two more licenses of ST2 along with the single licenses of MSO/SS2/SM/ST and am using them fine and expect no fees to be waived, if and when, I sell them (or give them away).
(Looking into removing the second ST2 and understand quite well the loss I take in doing so). Even waiving the fees, I still took a loss on selling TS3 & T-Racks Grand. Support at least helped minimize that.

And Peter, the topic has not been answered until an actual date is announced. You've only skirted the topic, not addressed it. Vague answers nothing.
But yes, I agree, this thread is tedious at best, inflammatory at worst and can be better served by Peter starting his own thread for the Status of SampleTank3.
So what is the actual release date now? ;)

Gamma-UT wrote:
yevster wrote:Because most of Air's expansion pack is minor revs on top of stuff Avid's been trying to sell for years. Strike is a mediocre drum library by today's standards, and Structure's offerings in the acoustic/symphonic department are pathetic even (or, perhaps, especially) in comparison to the old ST2 sounds. And let's not forget how they try to sell Mac and PC versions as separate products, so if you use both platforms or need to switch, you'll be paying that $299 twice.

AIR provides downloads and unlock codes for both Mac and PC version – or at least they did in the version I upgraded to from the original Pro Tools version. Where are you getting the idea the Mac and PC versions are sold separately?
The purchase page, where you have to choose one or the other. I vaguely remember exchanging Facebook messages with someone in the inMusic hive on the subject some time ago as well. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd contact them to make sure before giving them any money.

BTW, I read in this thread early on that the OP is moving on from IKM because of this, which makes it more on topic than waiting for the 'staple-shot'.
I too, have been searching for equal replacements to what I use in SampleTank. The latest being VI.ONE and Infinite Player for Kontakt 5. Infinite Player hits the target really. The longer IKM delays another release, the more others will have abandoned them. I, myself, am preparing for their release as well as their demise. I would consider it shame if the latter is what is eventually realized.

So what is the actual release date now?

For Kontakt5 you can get Infinite Workstation Gold for $139.00 at eSoundz right now.
https://www.esoundz.com/sounds/infinite ... /4694.html

(If you need ST sounds in 64 bit with other improvements, this is the way to go now if the wait has become tedious...)

cwig wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Can't you just post a list of all instruments, and get it over with?
I can but then it keeps growing (I personally don't know why 60 drum sets with unique samples wasn't enough and that they had to tell me "that number may grow" but hey that's not my decision I'm just passing along the information) so it would be inaccurate by the release date (which is within mid-year, and again you'll know we're super close when we announce preorder soon... If one can't understand why I cannot give an exact date now - about which I have recently seen at least one other major manufacturer/developer say "I'll never make that mistake again" to its users - then I guess you'll have to keep repeating it like one of those dolls with a string attached "There's a snake in may boot! When's the exact release date!! Fire baaaaad!")

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: If one can't understand why I cannot give an exact date now - about which I have recently seen at least one other major manufacturer/developer say "I'll never make that mistake again" to its users - then I guess you'll have to keep repeating it like one of those dolls with a string attached "There's a snake in may boot! When's the exact release date!! Fire baaaaad!")
As long as the premise in the OP is there, then the question should be repeated, just to keep you on topic.
Start a "SampleTank3 Status" thread of your own, and watch how fast I get in support of 'your boat'.
It's a matter of thread topic integrity.
What keeps the IKM reps from making a thread just for that?

At this point, what we know on this thread is:
*There is only a projection of a possible release (however still indefinite).
*Many are moving on from IKM because of them not meeting any of their release projections.
*Many of us still use the current product
*A few of us are still being patient, (however some of us are preparing for it possibly never happening).
*And there are now other suggestions coming up to replace it with software that actually exists now.

Trying my best to not knock what Peter has posted here, but anyone with photoshop can do this and the pictures aren't worth but a single word... meh.

Seriously, start a new thread Peter. One where I can support your endeavors and not have to remind you of the topic question you keep skirting.

So what is the release date now?
Last edited by BBFG# on Sat May 03, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

when it was on sale, Halion Sonic 2 was a decent alternative. (if you can stomach elicenser)

For Kontakt5: Infinite Workstation Gold for $139.00 at eSoundz right now. (SampleTank Sounds in Kontakt 64 bit format).
https://www.esoundz.com/sounds/infinite ... /4694.html

Return to “Instruments”