DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Sorry to say that but the DUNE2 demo installer MAC is a real crap! :evil:
I installed the demo but the Content (Soundbanks etc…) are missing. So the Plug-In crashes the host. No clear indication where to copy the folder "Content". The PDF says this location: Mac OS X > Music/Synapse Audio/Dune 2/Soundbanks

Please next time state it clear before making a package! :?

what host are you using?
both the demo and full version on the mac for me installed without issues.
the vst was where I sort of expected it, as was the au...
and certainly in cubase, it worked fine.

rsp
sound sculptist

e@rs wrote:Why is the keyboard on DUNE starting at C0 and not C1?
what?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I had the same question about some Kontakt library from Kirk Hunter when using it in Ableton Live. He had the following explanation: "Some folks call middle C "C4" as I do. Others call it "C3"." Maybe that's the issue here.

cuppa wrote:Hi
Is there a manual for Dune 2?
http://www.synapse-audio.com/DUNE-2-Manual.pdf

TheKid wrote:I had the same question about some Kontakt library from Kirk Hunter when using it in Ableton Live. He had the following explanation: "Some folks call middle C "C4" as I do. Others call it "C3"." Maybe that's the issue here.
no, thats the old Yamaha C3 and Roland C4 thing. i wrote "what?" because it doesn't really matter if a VST GUI keyboard start with C0 or C1 or whatever and how it could when you simply change the octave with your midi-keyboard for example. also C0 is a regular note (subcontra octave) if you want.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

How are the other 200-some presets as opposed to the demo presets? I have little time to program from scratch....and I'm not the greatest programmer anyway....therefore great presets as starting points are my friends. :)

quantum7 wrote:How are the other 200-some presets as opposed to the demo presets? I have little time to program from scratch....and I'm not the greatest programmer anyway....therefore great presets as starting points are my friends. :)
Pads, plucks, and arps are very good.
The leads, and basses, and plucks sound more similar to the original DUNE.
The effects I only noticed the reverb is way better. EQ's as well.
The distortion is better too.
Check the rest later.
The filter options are great.
It does have some good analog type sounds. It just doesn't do that high spitting kind of resonance stuff that you hear in certain analog modeled synths. Low resonance analog type sounds though, it does very good.
I like the workflow much better than Dune1. The gui is better to work with...imo.

quantum7 wrote:How are the other 200-some presets as opposed to the demo presets? I have little time to program from scratch....and I'm not the greatest programmer anyway....therefore great presets as starting points are my friends. :)
Those are the kind of things I don't really understand. Since it is a demo version that is supposed to wow the potential customer and saving/using presets is not possible anyway, why on earth do they not include all factory presets in the demo version? :dog: It is a big file already, so it can't be because of the file size.

Robmobius wrote:I did have a few problems with the Au in S1. It comes in full a big overload on the sound and crashes as well. But the vst2 is fine in S1. :)
I experience the same. Studio One v2.5 32bit Mac. Even if there's no audio signal, the meter is maxed to red. I was able to play around for an hour just fine, only the meter was always full on.

Had one crash so far, which happened when scanning through wavetables.

the presets are awesome
and you can buy a new bank here : http://www.roblee-music.com/

carrieres wrote:
the presets are awesome
and you can buy a new bank here : http://www.roblee-music.com/
I was about to give the same advice! :tu:
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Delfinoverde wrote:Sorry to say that but the DUNE2 demo installer MAC is a real crap! :evil:
I installed the demo but the Content (Soundbanks etc…) are missing. So the Plug-In crashes the host. No clear indication where to copy the folder "Content". The PDF says this location: Mac OS X > Music/Synapse Audio/Dune 2/Soundbanks

no problem here. the installer put the content exactly in that folder...what DAW are you using?

fisherKing wrote:
Delfinoverde wrote:Sorry to say that but the DUNE2 demo installer MAC is a real crap! :evil:

no problem here. the installer put the content exactly in that folder...what DAW are you using?

How can that be? :roll:
When i click on the dune2demo.dmg i see the window above.
The INSTALL DUNE 2 DEMO.pkg installs only the Plug-Ins AU VST,
not the Content. It's not relevant which Daw/host i use.
When i try to open the Plug-In it says: Error content not found…etc.

Since the developers don't answer in any way i surely will skip Dune. :x
Last edited by Delfinoverde on Sat May 03, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delfinoverde wrote:
fisherKing wrote:

How can that be? :roll:
When i click on the dune2demo.dmg i see the window above.
The INSTALL DUNE 2 DEMO.pkg installs only the Plug-Ins AU VST,
not the Content. It's not relevant which Daw i use.

Since the developers don't answer in any way i surely will skip Dune. :x
i have that too, but did NOT have to install content, it was there after running the installer. maybe the demo is different?? anyway, richard@synapse has always been responsive; give him a minute, it's the weekend.

Return to “Instruments”