What happened to TH2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Overloud's TH2 (Guitar Amp Sim) has been out a long time! It's a great software. Just wondering...what ever happened to these guys? Why no update? Anyone have a clue? :?

Rich

No clue. I love markbass II. I don't really use TH2 anymore.

Interesting...what's your sim o' choice these days hibidy? Did you check out the new Amplitube ENGL?

Overloud are definitely a going concern, they have been working with Toontrack. Perhaps they will launch some new code under their own label when they get around to it.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

I have some kind of strange love/hate relationship with TH2. I don't know what it is; it's strange. Sometimes, I fire it up, and it just sounds amazing. Other times, it sounds flat and lifeless. I am usually most impressed with the Italian amps and stomps; and the George Lynch models. The carryover stuff from TH1 is not so great :shrug: The user interface is pretty weird for me though. Well, they should keep going with it. I think it has great potential.

TH-2 has a good cab section.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

The Brunetti, THD and Lynch stuff sounds amazing IMO, and with the CPU footprint that is almost non-existant. I don't know how they do it.

I positively hate the interface though. Pretty much every single thing about it. I wish they would re-do the whole thing along the lines of Mark Studio 2. The TH2 interface is beyond repair IMO. There is absolutely nothing about it that should be kept.

I agree, about the interface. It's a baffling experiment in UI gone completely wrong. :? I think it damages the credibility of an otherwise great product. I understand the need to be create, and mimic real-world gear layouts, but it just doesn't translate for me :shrug:

blueman wrote:Interesting...what's your sim o' choice these days hibidy? Did you check out the new Amplitube ENGL?
Yeah, and I bought it :oops:

I change my mind like crazy though. Right now I'm experimenting with s-gear and twonotes wos :nutter:

Always searching......never actually playing....just searching...... :hihi:

blueman wrote:I have some kind of strange love/hate relationship with TH2. I don't know what it is; it's strange. Sometimes, I fire it up, and it just sounds amazing. Other times, it sounds flat and lifeless. I am usually most impressed with the Italian amps and stomps; and the George Lynch models. The carryover stuff from TH1 is not so great :shrug: The user interface is pretty weird for me though. Well, they should keep going with it. I think it has great potential.
You hit the nail straight on the head.

Lite versions of TH2 and BREVERB are bundled with SONAR. They also developed the Console and Tape Emulators for SONAR.

TH3 is well overdue indeed! Last I heard they were going to redo the preset interface, but haven't heard a peep since. I also have have a love/hate affair with it. Mainly hate the UI, but love some of the sounds and its general capabilities...

I sold TH2 because of the frustrating interface and preset system. Iwas told by Overloud that the GUI was gonna be redone in the style of Markbass II, but that was along time ago. i did like the Lynch, Randall and Brunetti stuff though.

My current flavor is TH2, but I also love Revalver, TSE X50 and a few of the Amplitube models. A lot of TH2's models gel very well with me, and I find the cab modeling section to be the best of any amp sim. I also feel that TH3 is totally overdue. I don't mind the UI actually, so I'm in the minority there.

However, I want to ask this. Occasionally I run into a bug where when I load a project with a TH2 patch open, that patch resets itself to the default clear patch (meaning nothing is loaded on it). Has anyone else ever run into this? When this happens, it's quite frustrating because I spent a lot of time on the tone, and now it's gone. It happened to me twice today, btw. Usually it's scarce.

TH-2 has the best UI of any amp sim. It gives you total freedom to place anything anywhere. It also has a great cab section.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Effects”