Dub Bass

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I am looking for a VSTi that does a really awesome and deep dub bass sound. An example would be Mad Professor's Kathmandu Dub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2GL4gIDfA8

Please don't give the typical KVR lame answer of "any synth can do that." I would like specific suggestions, preferably free and preferably one that comes with a preset, so I can get the sound right away.

Thanks.

Omnisphere

Nemesis

Just use a filtered sine wave pretty much any vsti can do it

there is nothing to filter in a sine wave....
Last edited by Chopper on Sun May 04, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Heavily filtered square wave with saturation.

What Hakey said, it's a square wave with some distortion/saturation, and processed with other fx (compression, EQ)

Your attitude is pretty bad. You want to be given the sound, and not even understand how to make it? I would help someone who wanted to learn how to do it. A huge life lesson for you to learn is that nothing is ever just handed to you in life.

My attitude is bad because only 2 people answered my question correctly. But thanks for the condescension and reading incomprehension.

Yes, I don't want to learn how to make it. Yes, I just want a preset. Sorry if that does not line up with your preconceptions of how things should be.

Gotta be hardware for that sound. And vintage, preferably.

I'd say MiniMooog or a Yamaha CS80.

Monark

samsam wrote:Gotta be hardware for that sound. And vintage, preferably.

A mint Roland Jupiter-8 would work too. :wink:

Neon

That's absolute bollocks. Check my tracks, it's all vst baby. And I'm a bass player from way back.

sqigls wrote:

That's absolute bollocks. Check my tracks, it's all vst baby. And I'm a bass player from way back.
Seems your irony detector is broken - you might want that looked at.

Geeez, the replies in this tread went totally off the rails o.0

So, ye, not really the kind of stuff I make, and sure, the bass is not exactly the same, but here's a little thing with Synth1... square wave + square sub + filter with evn + saturation + EQ and comp. The groove of the notes and how it sits with the rest of the elements have as much to do with it as the sound itself.

http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/a8jfwf5cd ... Synth1.mp3

Link works now :D
Eternitysound VST Banks

Return to “Instruments”