PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

electro wrote:One GUI concern: Return the numerical readouts underneath the sliders.
Hmm.. I never really liked them. To be honest, in the SE version, I just used them as I did not know how to make the readout display I have now.

What would be the advantage of having the numerical values under the sliders, as compared to the master readout?

In case it is just to have a representation where you can see all at the same time, I can tell you, that I am planning the possibility to save patches as text files, which will contain basically a human-readable list of all controlls, with names, readout values and also normalized VST-parameter values.

I would be interested to hear what in particular you liked about the individual readouts.

Cheers,
Martin

Much better visual understanding of patches. If the SE version did not have the numerical readouts it would have taken twice as long to copy over test patches.

The text file idea is excellent and keep the new readout display too.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

martin_l wrote:
yessongs wrote:It was working for me in x2 and I upgraded to x3 and now it is not working maybe I will break down and try j bridge one day but it does show up in reaper. Is the version available a newer version or is it the same ol same ol?

Hi,

Could you give me some more info about what you are using and what exactly is not working.

For the new version, so far there only has been the one beta. I am currently fixing some bugs which were found, and also implement the ability to read and write fxb banks from within the plugin.

I aim for the next release this weekend.

Cheers,
Martin
Sonar x3 on a win 8.1 64 bit system

Is there anyway to get the old pg8x file? That one worked in x2 I had a HD failure little over a month ago and I upgraded to x3 and never reinstalled x2 but I can't see it all of a sudden not working when it once did.

yessongs wrote: Sonar x3 on a win 8.1 64 bit system

Is there anyway to get the old pg8x file? That one worked in x2 I had a HD failure little over a month ago and I upgraded to x3 and never reinstalled x2 but I can't see it all of a sudden not working when it once did.
If with "old version" you mean the synthedit created pg8x-1.02, that is still available on the web page https://sites.google.com/site/mlvst0/.

There has not been any other version of the new native version.

As for the new version, there was a comment earlier that you need to use the "download" button on the dropbox link to download the zip package. Somehow, the dll gets corrupted when downloading directly.

Did you try the 32 bit or the 64 bit version? (Is your Sonar x3 32 or 64 bit?)

Cheers,
Martin

everything is 64 bit with me. I am wondering now if I was having a problem with 102a since that is the only DL I found and that was your site. Is there another DL link to a more recent version if so I can try that one as well. Could be the older one bridged properly in x2 then when I installed x3 it was unable to bridge it again. laster on this evening I can test the newer beta and see how it handles inside sonar if that is of help.

yessongs wrote:everything is 64 bit with me. I am wondering now if I was having a problem with 102a since that is the only DL I found and that was your site. Is there another DL link to a more recent version if so I can try that one as well. Could be the older one bridged properly in x2 then when I installed x3 it was unable to bridge it again. laster on this evening I can test the newer beta and see how it handles inside sonar if that is of help.
The new version is currently in beta testing. Please, give it a try. the DL link is:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m636vgxhta9e ... _Rve/PG-8X.

Let me know how that works for you. Please, keep in mind that there are still bugs in it (see discussion a couple of posts back)...

Cheers,
Martin

Finally back from my vacation; plan on testing the Mac version tonight.
Sorry I'm late to the party.
If you need any Photoshop work done/help, let me know, Martin, I'm a graphic artist by day.
I'd just need the sizing/resolution specs.

Hi Martin, have been in and out of this thread for a while but never got round to posting - great synth!

Hope you don't mind, but I had a crack at photoshopping together a GUI. How does this look?

Based on the PG-800. Controls in 'function' area could swap between aftertouch, pitchbend and chorus settings as they're probably least important in realtime control.

Planning to knock together some bigger sliders / knobs and tidy it up, so it looks a little more like this:

What do you think?

I have just updated all beta files. The bugs, discussed earlier should (hopefully) be fixed.

MIDI Learn should be working (even though the GUI still says not implemented...).
Reading and importing Sysex files through the LOAD button should work.

Please, let me know all issues you find.

Here is the link again:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m636vgxhta9e ... _Rve/PG-8X

Cheers,
Martin

peterjsd wrote:What do you think?
Way too much empty space around controls for a plugin GUI.

Hi Martin,

the new update don't load in Logic 9 on 10.6.8 :(

deltaMACHINE wrote:Hi Martin,

the new update don't load in Logic 9 on 10.6.8 :(

Did the last beta work? Are you using 32 bit or 64 bit?

Cheers,
Martin

the last one works,on 32 Bit!

deltaMACHINE wrote:the last one works,on 32 Bit!
That is odd. I can't think of anything which might have broken it.
I just tested the 32bit AU in Reaper and GarageBand, and both work for me.

Do you have any other host to try?

Martin

No,in Logic 9.1.8 the new beta wont load all you see is the Ball and you need to quit Logic.

Return to “Instruments”