SquaredHeads Nora 1.4 - Phrase Arpeggiator + Harmonizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nora

Any version (Win, OSX, 32/64, etc) will be avaliable for free for anyone that owns a version that includes it. Example, if you purchase 1.0 (just Win) and in 2.0 OSX is avaliable and it's a free update, you will get it for free. If 2.0 has an small fee, like 5€, this fee is for all users, and you should pay that fee, then you will have 2.0 for Win/OSX.

Rajah, glad you like it :) I'm enjoying a lot from Nora making music aswell :)

Introductory offer: 34€, final price, 49€. (it will last 15 days after its release).

squaredheads wrote:Any version (Win, OSX, 32/64, etc) will be avaliable for free for anyone that owns a version that includes it. Example, if you purchase 1.0 (just Win) and in 2.0 OSX is avaliable and it's a free update, you will get it for free. If 2.0 has an small fee, like 5€, this fee is for all users, and you should pay that fee, then you will have 2.0 for Win/OSX.

Rajah, glad you like it :) I'm enjoying a lot from Nora making music aswell :)

Introductory offer: 34€, final price, 49€. (it will last 15 days after its release).
Sounds good. Monday is the day then?

Interested but why not just use the piano roll of flstudio ? Why use nora with its piano roll too i think i didnt understand this yet.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:Interested but why not just use the piano roll of flstudio ? Why use nora with its piano roll too i think i didnt understand this yet.
Why use arpeggiators & step sequencers at all?

firepile wrote:
Caine123 wrote:Interested but why not just use the piano roll of flstudio ? Why use nora with its piano roll too i think i didnt understand this yet.
Why use arpeggiators & step sequencers at all?
Those are two very different questions though. Why use an arpeggiator? Because you can play chords in real-time and have the notes split out rhythmically. Piano rolls don't do that. Why use a step sequencer in a DAW? Indeed that is a good question because a DAW piano roll is a sequencer so it doesn't make much sense unless someone wants a retro gui or there are tools for generating patterns not available in the DAW sequencer.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Why use an arpeggiator? Because you can play chords in real-time and have the notes split out rhythmically. Piano rolls don't do that. Why use a step sequencer in a DAW? Indeed that is a good question because a DAW piano roll is a sequencer so it doesn't make much sense unless someone wants a retro gui or there are tools for generating patterns not available in the DAW sequencer.
You can "play" a step sequencer like Thesys just like an arpeggiator.

firepile wrote: Monday is the day then?
Yes! ;)
Nora is a "Midi effect". What Nora offers you is an editor like any host Piano Roll, but it isn't a piano roll. The idea is, you place some chords in your host, and then you process them with Nora and it's piano roll-like editor. Nora's main editor has X groups that contains Y notes each. Imagine you have just 1 group with 3 notes. If you place in your host some 3 notes chords, they will chop in the same way Nora editor is. Upper and bottom extra groups works in the same way, but pitching up/down an octave. Once you test it, you will understand the concept for sure :tu:

squaredheads wrote:
firepile wrote: Monday is the day then?
Yes! ;)
Nora is a "Midi effect". What Nora offers you is an editor like any host Piano Roll, but it isn't a piano roll. The idea is, you place some chords in your host, and then you process them with Nora and it's piano roll-like editor. Nora's main editor has X groups that contains Y notes each. Imagine you have just 1 group with 3 notes. If you place in your host some 3 notes chords, they will chop in the same way Nora editor is. Upper and bottom extra groups works in the same way, but pitching up/down an octave. Once you test it, you will understand the concept for sure :tu:
thanks a lot mate! this wasnt offensive i just was wondering myself :D, expect a small pm from me with some specific wish.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I didn't take as offensive at all. Feel free to ask for your desire, we're wishing to hear them! One day left :)

squaredheads wrote:Imagine you have just 1 group with 3 notes. If you place in your host some 3 notes chords, they will chop in the same way Nora editor is. Upper and bottom extra groups works in the same way, but pitching up/down an octave. Once you test it, you will understand the concept for sure :tu:
So, basically, it's like 7Aliens' Catanya plugin but with the freedom a of a piano roll (instead of their fixed scheme)?

2nd Q: it looks like one can store own presets that eventually show up in the left browser?

All in all, it looks well done. Congrats.

yemski wrote:This looks like what Catyana promised to be but wasn't.
Ah, should have read your post before sending mine. *same thoughts*

:) I'm enjoying a lot from Nora making music aswell :)
this is so unfair! :hyper:

elassi wrote:So, basically, it's like 7Aliens' Catanya plugin but with the freedom a of a piano roll (instead of their fixed scheme)?
Yes... just the first version ;)
elassi wrote:2nd Q: it looks like one can store own presets that eventually show up in the left browser?
Indeed
yellukhan wrote::) I'm enjoying a lot from Nora making music aswell :)
this is so unfair! :hyper:
I'm going to tell you a funny history: During Nora development, while I was focusing on interface related stuff, my partner was coding the anti copy protection. Then one day, Nora wasn't working on my computer I asked him and his answer was: "Sorry you need a key file, and since I'm on holidays I cannot give it to you atm". So I, the main coder, was without being able to use it in my music around one week. That was unfair! :lol:

ouch!
that must be hurt!
but somehow i feel lees pain.. i think, now we are even
:hihi:

Silly question: can NORA output midi by itself? I mean, do you need allways to play midi in order to make it sequence?

My question comes becouse I would love to paint or record the sequences and make them run in programs like audiomulch that lacks pianoroll.

Return to “Instruments”