Arturia Spark 2 Software is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah, no. its not. it may have been, but hoho! its down. again.

AstralExistence wrote:yeah, no. its not. it may have been, but hoho! its down. again.
try reloading the page..it's def up..!

fisherKing wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:yeah, no. its not. it may have been, but hoho! its down. again.
the website is up, the webstore is down!

Our online store is momentarily closed

Our WebStore is closed for server maintenance reasons. Our technical team is doing his best to restore this service in the shortest time.

this has left me with a bad taste in my mouth for this company. theirs no excuse in a world of server technology why this should occur. i would expect this 10 years ago, but not with todays automated technology.

somebody commented on facebook: Lorin Roser I've been waiting over 2 weeks to get my Arturia serial numbers after paying with Paypal. Has anyone else had similar problems? This was for the V Collection.
May 1 at 8:28pm · Like

this is bullshit. i will not deal with this. and nobody should have to.

gonna spend my money elsewhere.

AstralExistence wrote:
fisherKing wrote:

Our WebStore is closed for server maintenance reasons. Our technical team is doing his best to restore this service in the shortest time.

this has left me with a bad taste in my mouth for this company. theirs no excuse in a world of server technology why this should occur. i would expect this 10 years ago, but not with todays automated technology.

somebody commented on facebook: Lorin Roser I've been waiting over 2 weeks to get my Arturia serial numbers after paying with Paypal. Has anyone else had similar problems? This was for the V Collection.

whatever works for you. spark2 was my first purchase with arturia. had to wait 2 days, but everything worked out fine. and the PLUGIN...is awesome, worth the 2-day wait.

fisherKing wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:
fisherKing wrote:

whatever works for you. spark2 was my first purchase with arturia. had to wait 2 days, but everything worked out fine. and the PLUGIN...is awesome, worth the 2-day wait.
it does seem awesome. i wont disagree. when arturia has everything up and running (who knows when that will be) ill try again :tu:

T-CM11 wrote:I'm going to explain how to do it in Cubase...
- Load the plugin
- Assign it to the midi output of a track (not strictly needed, but you might want to record automation here, or use another midi controller)
- In the Spark options screen, enable: pads send midi and/or sequencer sends midi (something like that)
- Now make a 2nd midi track, assign the spark plugin to the Midi input, leave output blank, and click monitor on.
- The pad playing and/or sequencer notes will now be recorded on that track.
Thanks, that works - but when done "I'm Cubase too" - do you move the up midi to the first initial midi track, I did that to replay the midi by the DAW. Is that what you do - because I had no sound on replay until I did? Everything was enabled like you said as default.

Thanks,

BTW - the updated GUI looks nothing like the original Spark hardware - more like LE version, but it seems alot more solid and streamlined, I like it better, seen the modular enviroment but haven't tinkered with it.

breakmixer wrote: Thanks, that works - but when done "I'm Cubase too" - do you move the up midi to the first initial midi track, I did that to replay the midi by the DAW. Is that what you do - because I had no sound on replay until I did? Everything was enabled like you said as default.
Yep, move the midi. Or you could just remove Spark from the Midi In, and assign it to the Midi Out.
That's how I do it, sometimes. But I never record entire patterns or songs to Cubase, I leave those in the Spark sequencer.

Here's something I made (in v1.71):
https://soundcloud.com/tt_cc/untitled1-1
Only the controller was used, no touching the mouse. :) All pattern changes are recorded automation.

AstralExistence wrote:it does seem awesome. i wont disagree. when arturia has everything up and running (who knows when that will be) ill try again :tu:
Yes, it could be awesome. But my expression after 5 minutes of testing Spark2 is, that it's extremly buggy, so I reinstalled Spark1.7:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/in ... ic=82248.0

Klinke wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:it does seem awesome. i wont disagree. when arturia has everything up and running (who knows when that will be) ill try again :tu:
Yes, it could be awesome. But my expression after 5 minutes of testing Spark2 is, that it's extremly buggy, so I reinstalled Spark1.7:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/in ... ic=82248.0
ok. thanx.

shop is up. just bought it and registered successfully. ive been really lost lately just could not find a drum software i truly liked. i bought the following: sonic charge microtonic: complaints, too basic/too microtonic sounding, can't load samples.

e phonic drumatic 4: complaints, too quirky and awkward to use, cant load samples, no step sequence, seems very unfinished. one simple clue poise: complaints, not really that fun to use and a bit quirky, no step sequencer, ugly. imageline drumaxx: complaints, can't load samples, sounds kinda awful especially the snare module.

don't own but demoed.

fxpansion geist, i had hope for geist. complaints, its so unnecessarily complex it simply makes what should be a fun thing into work, its ugly, seems dated, no synthesis.

tremor: complaints, huge and i mean huge cpu hog, again, same as geist but the second time around. makes what should be fun, making your own drum sounds into 9-5 job.

imea drum machine: complaints, really ugly, seems very unfinished/unpolished, the most awkward and non ergonomic drum machine on this list, simply not fun to use whatsoever.

audio realism adm:, complaints, dated, too basic sounding, sample load seems like it was designed last because it does not fit in the way it should and no sample preview at all.

linplug rmv: complaints, somewhat awkward to use, drum synthesis is not not that good and to plastic sounding, no step sequencer, not the best use of interface colors, no real development for a while other then x64 and few bug updates.

did not try the following because: native instruments battery 4, too pricy, xfer nerve, too pricy but seems like it would be awesome but i think it has no xox step sequencer so that's a deal breaker, tattoo like every other audio damage plugin no demo and can't be bothered. same with axon.

rob papen punch, to pricy, but a little bit cheaper then xfer nerve. not the best looking plugin/choice of colors, seems quirky and sorta of a niche product, better products for the price.

so from trying the spark 2 plugin besides the possibility that it could be buggy given its new state, i really don't have anything to say about it. arturia seems to have took a hard look at the current drum sampler/synth market and answered the cry for help with flying colors.

drum sampler, sample loading, drum synthesis, complex but not too complex. enough features to satisfy but not to frustrate/makes drum programing feel like play instead of work, great look colors/multiple skins themes, great ergonomics and not awkward/quirky to use, xox step sequencer, fair price, (but does cross over the hundred dollar mark so may not be fair to all)

feature wise seems quite polished. seems to get frequent updates, great sound library/programing, can be be used in a very fast and speedy workflow that requires minimal tweaking but also allows the user to go deep, sample preview, x64. all check.

i would say that in my own opinion and given the reasons/features/lack of features i pointed out, spark2 is the best software drum solution that has ever hit the drum plugin market.

DenisArturia wrote:the upgrade is free for the Spark and SparkLE owners. All they have to do is to install the latest update (download > updates) from the Arturia website.
I didn't even know that! That's awesome! Thanks Arturia!

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

The whole Spark line is a definite bright spot in the electronic drummer world. Not only is it very capable and well thought-out, but the interface between hardware and vst is unmatched imo. It's really the way the industry should be moving. They really hit the nail on the head with Spark.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

AstralExistence wrote:shop is up. just bought it and registered successfully. ive been really lost lately just could not find a drum software i truly liked. i bought the following: sonic charge microtonic: complaints, too basic/too microtonic sounding, can't load samples.

e phonic drumatic 4: complaints, too quirky and awkward to use, cant load samples, no step sequence, seems very unfinished. one simple clue poise: complaints, not really that fun to use and a bit quirky, no step sequencer, ugly. imageline drumaxx: complaints, can't load samples, sounds kinda awful especially the snare module.

don't own but demoed.

fxpansion geist, i had hope for geist. complaints, its so unnecessarily complex it simply makes what should be a fun thing into work, its ugly, seems dated, no synthesis.

tremor: complaints, huge and i mean huge cpu hog, again, same as geist but the second time around. makes what should be fun, making your own drum sounds into 9-5 job.

imea drum machine: complaints, really ugly, seems very unfinished/unpolished, the most awkward and non ergonomic drum machine on this list, simply not fun to use whatsoever.

audio realism adm:, complaints, dated, too basic sounding, sample load seems like it was designed last because it does not fit in the way it should and no sample preview at all.

linplug rmv: complaints, somewhat awkward to use, drum synthesis is not not that good and to plastic sounding, no step sequencer, not the best use of interface colors, no real development for a while other then x64 and few bug updates.

did not try the following because: native instruments battery 4, too pricy, xfer nerve, too pricy but seems like it would be awesome but i think it has no xox step sequencer so that's a deal breaker, tattoo like every other audio damage plugin no demo and can't be bothered. same with axon.

rob papen punch, to pricy, but a little bit cheaper then xfer nerve. not the best looking plugin/choice of colors, seems quirky and sorta of a niche product, better products for the price.

so from trying the spark 2 plugin besides the possibility that it could be buggy given its new state, i really don't have anything to say about it. arturia seems to have took a hard look at the current drum sampler/synth market and answered the cry for help with flying colors.

drum sampler, sample loading, drum synthesis, complex but not too complex. enough features to satisfy but not to frustrate/makes drum programing feel like play instead of work, great look colors/multiple skins themes, great ergonomics and not awkward/quirky to use, xox step sequencer, fair price, (but does cross over the hundred dollar mark so may not be fair to all)

feature wise seems quite polished. seems to get frequent updates, great sound library/programing, can be be used in a very fast and speedy workflow that requires minimal tweaking but also allows the user to go deep, sample preview, x64. all check.

i would say that in my own opinion and given the reasons/features/lack of features i pointed out, spark2 is the best software drum solution that has ever hit the drum plugin market.

For me teh best one is Ableton Live Drum racks, integrated in to host, can load samples, can use synths, easy to make complex chains.
dedication to flying

to all of you Spark2 users :
is it possible to assign velocity / timeshift / note repeat to encoders and record automation of these parameters via pressing any step sequencer button and adjusting any of these parameters ( just like you can do p-locks in the Elektron world or just like motion sequence recording in the Korg Electribe world )? and if possible what happens at the next step? do these parameters go backto default or do the keep their values from the step before?
thanks for answering!

Return to “Instruments”