Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bump! :)

Really cool compliments! Did you recorded a real drum kit?

"Skinny Jeans" sounds like it could be a hit on the radio. Great job on this one.

"Windows" started off to my liking. Somewhere in the ballpark of "House of the Rising Sun." I thought the abrupt change to commercial dance music was jarring and unsuccessful. I think this one should be guitars only.
Last edited by Frantz on Sat May 03, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skinny Jeans really reminds me of something ... cant remember atm. Very catchy.

Frantz wrote:"Windows" started off to my liking. Somewhere in the ballpark of "House of the Rising Sun." I thought the abrupt change to commercial to dance music was jarring and unsuccessful.
:tu:

Same thoughts here.

AleMilano wrote:Really cool compliments! Did you recorded a real drum kit?
Thanks man. No, just samples!
Frantz wrote:"Skinny Jeans" sounds like it could be a hit on the radio. Great job on this one.

"Windows" started off to my liking. Somewhere in the ballpark of "House of the Rising Sun." I thought the abrupt change to commercial dance music was jarring and unsuccessful. I think this one should be guitars only.
Thanks for the feedback. I know what you mean about Windows. Not to be disrespectful or rude in any way ( I have no idea how old or young you are) but the general concencus I get from this is that folks under <30 seem to like the drop but folks >30 wanted something more 'organic'. Jack (the guy I wrote it with) wanted the house drop, but we may do an alternative (guitar only) version some point down the line. I really appreciate the feedback man!
thecontrolcentre wrote:Skinny Jeans really reminds me of something ... cant remember atm. Very catchy.
Haha! Yeah it is very catchy. I think it's just great song writing. Skinny Jeans could be produced in a million different ways because the song is there. Chris's acoustic version of this song really is something special.
elassi wrote:
Frantz wrote:"Windows" started off to my liking. Somewhere in the ballpark of "House of the Rising Sun." I thought the abrupt change to commercial to dance music was jarring and unsuccessful.
:tu:

Same thoughts here.
See above and thanks for the feedback! :)

Well wow, great mixing!

k3ith wrote:Not to be disrespectful or rude in any way ( I have no idea how old or young you are) but the general concencus I get from this is that folks under <30 seem to like the drop but folks >30 wanted something more 'organic'.
I'm part of the >30 camp. Way past 30. :cry:

Frantz wrote:I'm part of the >30 camp. Way past 30. :cry:
Happens to the best of us! :)

Well I will agree it's definitely well mixed, but I think it's quite aweful music, but I guess that's just personal taste.

Actually the second track doesn't sound quite as well mixed as the other one.

ntom wrote:Well I will agree it's definitely well mixed, but I think it's quite aweful music, but I guess that's just personal taste.

Actually the second track doesn't sound quite as well mixed as the other one.
If you're not into that kinda thing, then so be it. However, I do agree with you on the second point. It's a bit too 'thin' for my liking. But it is what it is! :)

It was thin and the kick was obtrussive; it kind of had a "hollow" sound that I think conflicted with the premise of the rest of the track. I suppose that too is a matter of opinion, but it was quite obvious and very distracting that ultimately made me click away from the track,

ntom wrote:It was thin and the kick was obtrussive; it kind of had a "hollow" sound that I think conflicted with the premise of the rest of the track. I suppose that too is a matter of opinion, but it was quite obvious and very distracting that ultimately made me click away from the track,
Thank man, i think your analysis on the second song is fair and constructive! :)

I hope so. Even if I don't like it, I at least want to try and help other than say "wow that was bad" - because, really, where does that get us?

Return to “Music Cafe”