Any news of FL Studio 12?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

idfpower wrote:
murnau wrote: thats easy: mute the midi and automation clips in the Playlist or mute the plugin and enable Smart Disable for all the instrument and effects plugins that went into making this sound.
Well like I said even with everything muted, once I load a new instance of the same synth it will consider any previously loaded instance and count it for total CPU load - for ex: I'm using a CPU hog synth (on my computer) - let's say Arc5 - 3 instances will suck most of the CPU. Once I render to wave, mute the playlist tracks, mute the synth instances in pattern section, click smart disable and all the other tricks to lower down the CPU, I get let's say 4 - 5% CPU load. BUT if I open a 4th instance of Arc5, the CPU spikes to full load. So it would be good to know how I can delete the first 3 instances of Arc5 and replace them with the rendered wave files (that I actually know, heh), but at the same time being able to recall those deleted instances if I want to modify something...that's my current issue/dilema/whatever you wanna call it... :dog:
Please ask for support in Looptalk - http://forum.image-line.com/viewforum.php?f=100 I will explain what to do there.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Are they finally gonna make it display parameter values on mouse over without having to actually move a knob or fader? :dog: :lol:

I might actually purchase if they'd ever fix this flaw.
Last edited by blackflag on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

@Scott: thanks, will do so ;)

@murnau: sadly, yes. I know about the SE bug, but I'm afraid in my case my computer is the bug :) There's only this much it can take...fortunately not all synths are CPU hogs and I've given up on most of them anyway - but Arc5 sounds so right up my alley that I can't seem to be able to let it go :)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

blackflag wrote:Are they finally gonna make it display parameter values on mouse over without having to actually move a knob or fader? :dog: :lol:

That is indeed a major flaw, but unfotunately, there is no sign that they will ever fix it.

oxygenet32 wrote: Off topic but I really don't like these new forums, not good for someone with a visual disability - I had to install Color that Site! in Firefox just to change the colors to make them easier to read as you can't highlight the text anymore to reverse the colors - might not be important for most, but for someone with RP and is going blind it is the little things that matter :/

Chris
It seems that changing the CSS to highlight things in yellow, rather than reversing the colours so you have white text on a white background, is the new 'trend' among web designers. None of them have a clue why they choose any of the colour schemes they do - they just copy each other, all of them making the same basic mistakes, and to hell with people who actually have to read the sites they create. Hence the scourge of the internet - grey text on white backgrounds, which are absolutely everywhere nowadays, even though they are patently harder to read than black text on a white background.

idfpower wrote:
Maybe I should have mentioned from the start that my computer is 10 years old :) Even with all those options checked, I still get those spikes when working within the pattern section.
Come on - your computer is 10 years old? Have you bought any software in the past ten years? Why not spend some of that money on updating your PC? My PC is three years old but I never get above 20% CPU when writing songs in FL Studio.

Yorrrrrr wrote:
blackflag wrote:Are they finally gonna make it display parameter values on mouse over without having to actually move a knob or fader? :dog: :lol:

That is indeed a major flaw, but unfotunately, there is no sign that they will ever fix it.

It seems like such an obvious noob mistake that I can't take anything else Image Line does very seriously. :lol:

hey how is everyone my name is frank and i have a ? regarding fl studio 11. so i installed it a couple weeks ago and wanted to connect my casio piano and it worked and today i loaded the program and it said the current midi setup is damaged copy the original midi map.CFG file to the windows directory and try again. what does that mean and how do i do it. can anyone help me i looked it up online and it was no where to be found.

Frankiebo, wrong thread. PM me or start a new thread. Sounds like you may need your Windows disk.

It would appear that they are having issues still.

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 4&t=140016

Indeed. Glitches and bugs already reported, waiting to be fixed. MY 64 bit version is buggy and does not perform well in a very nice fine tuned PC with an RME Babyface with great ASIO drivers. Patience is the key word here, these guys get it right after a while.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yeah, It might come out tomorrow but I think i'll bide my time for a few point releases.

I may also have to upgrade or stick with 11 for a while longer - 12 seems to be hitting my pc's harder for some reason I cannot fathom. just my experiences, YMMV.

Vector might take more CPU. Annoying.

I am loving the GUI changes. Ready for ultra high resolution screens and touch control. Workflow is excellent now. The mixer in extra large view and full screen (CTRL+F11) is an amazing sight to behold. Congratulations IL. FL Studio rocks!

euphori@ wrote:
Will projects created in the betas be accsessible in the final release?

Reflex wrote:
While we can't guarantee it for all betas, we're now close enough to release that I can say it will indeed be the case.

:D how soon is close enough?! Can't wait...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”