What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

1.5" tubing hardware sources?

...and how to do so...

Moderators: justin3am, Hink, Moderators (Main)

MisterPickle
KVRer

3 posts since 8 Sep, 2012

Postby MisterPickle; Mon May 05, 2014 7:00 pm 1.5" tubing hardware sources?

I'm using 1.5" tubing hardware from Gibraltar (the drum rack people) to make a rack to hold various electronic music equipment. It's solid stuff and I like it lots - but I'm finding myself looking for items that Gibraltar simply doesn't make. 1.5" tubing seems to be used for a lot of different things - drums, lighting for off-road vehicles, etc.

Does anyone have any pointers to favorite or unusual sources of 1.5" hardware? For instance, I'd like to find a way to mount 19" rack components on a framework of 1.5" tubing. Sliding shelves would be handy. Telescoping arms and so forth would be fun, too.

Any suggestions? I can Google around and find stuff, but I'd really like to hear from people who've built stuff this way. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, too.

Thanks!

Mr P
ghettosynth
KVRAF

4072 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon May 05, 2014 7:46 pm Re: 1.5" tubing hardware sources?

I've got a bunch of the ultimate support stuff which I think is similar in size. I don't have any pointers for using stuff from other fields, but, I'll chime in with my experience using it if anyone has other suggestions.

I do have an ultimate support rack frame, but man does it suck and it holds something like six-u.
MisterPickle
KVRer

3 posts since 8 Sep, 2012

Postby MisterPickle; Tue May 06, 2014 5:21 pm Re: 1.5" tubing hardware sources?

Sure, I'd love to hear about (or even see pics of) some of the stuff you've built!

My setup is currently lying in pieces - I've taken it apart and put it back together about 6 times now, and my latest genius idea is to pull the "ergonomic" display arm out of the office and see about attaching it to the rig - I'll post pics when (or, sadly, if) it happens.

Mr P

Moderators: justin3am, Hink, Moderators (Main)

Return to DIY: Build it and they will come