1.5" tubing hardware sources?

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using 1.5" tubing hardware from Gibraltar (the drum rack people) to make a rack to hold various electronic music equipment. It's solid stuff and I like it lots - but I'm finding myself looking for items that Gibraltar simply doesn't make. 1.5" tubing seems to be used for a lot of different things - drums, lighting for off-road vehicles, etc.

Does anyone have any pointers to favorite or unusual sources of 1.5" hardware? For instance, I'd like to find a way to mount 19" rack components on a framework of 1.5" tubing. Sliding shelves would be handy. Telescoping arms and so forth would be fun, too.

Any suggestions? I can Google around and find stuff, but I'd really like to hear from people who've built stuff this way. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, too.

Thanks!

Mr P

I've got a bunch of the ultimate support stuff which I think is similar in size. I don't have any pointers for using stuff from other fields, but, I'll chime in with my experience using it if anyone has other suggestions.

I do have an ultimate support rack frame, but man does it suck and it holds something like six-u.

Sure, I'd love to hear about (or even see pics of) some of the stuff you've built!

My setup is currently lying in pieces - I've taken it apart and put it back together about 6 times now, and my latest genius idea is to pull the "ergonomic" display arm out of the office and see about attaching it to the rig - I'll post pics when (or, sadly, if) it happens.

Mr P

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”