EZ DRUMMER 2

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EZdrummer 2

Alright, now I'm pissed. Second download, different errors :x

noiseboyuk wrote: Looks like the servers are rammed, no surprise really.
I clicked twice by accident (mouse flam!?) and downloaded 2 copies of the file at the same time. Sorry for hogging bandwidth. Seamless download and installation here. Messed about with it for a few minutes. I reckon lazy part-timers like me will become a lot more productive thanks to the song creator combined with tap2find.

3 tries it took me to get an uncorrupted DL, but I'm up and running.

Initial results are pretty good. I just took a couple of things I'm working on replaced the drums with ezd2 and I must say that just basically (w/o doctoring) it sounds pretty good.

Oh, one thing is for certain, it's really responsive. Opened and ran in studio one and live so far (as well as standalone)

I'll be buying mine Thursday night , hope my paycheck looks okay .hehehe Thanks for the mini review , I expect a full on review tommorrow hibidy !

Crashes inside live if you select a different output. Doesn't happen in studio one that I can see.

If you import your own midi (e.g. Groove Monkee) will the tempo and velocity knobs work intelligently? Iow, does it change how the drummer plays and alter parts like it does with the EZX midi?

Bought the upgrade via AudioDeluxe, got the serials in an hour or so, downloaded the installer without any issues, installed and everything is working nicely!

A splendid upgrade - everything is much faster and snappier. Thank you, TT! :tu:

Downloaded and working fine, got to be fair it sounds really good,even the earlier ez drummer kits sound better,loads a fair bit quicker and gui looks great,but I am with one of the posters here,I hate the new Toon forum look... :) :(

Just snuck in a quick play this morning. Installation a breeze, seems to have updated all the EZXs with it.

Everything pretty much just works as advertised so far - absolutely brilliant. Very fast loading - switching kit parts to another in the range is instant, changing complete kits takes a couple of seconds on an SSD.

One unexpected thing so far - be careful when switching mixer presets as it seems to switch out kit components themselves. It's not just a sonic changes, its a kit change too.

One element of this that's a minor pain is that when choosing the kit from your libraries in the Drums tab, it seems to offer the main kit setting and then the mixer presets. It doesn't offer you the basic kit element variations at this level like the top left hand side menu used to on EZD1. You can still do it via any individual drum, then select "kit" - it's just a different way of working.

And one early request The Edit Play style page is great, but there's two more things I'd like. 1 - it's not possible to record into this - you can only do that out of the Play Style tab - and it would be super useful to add something. 2 - it would be great to offer quantize options on a per-instrument basis this page too, alongside amount and velocity.

In general it's fantastic. Tap 2 find is a workflow-changing wonder, and switching kit elements between kits seems seamless. Congrats to Toontrack.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Can EZD 2 coexist with a an installed EZD 1? Or will the legacy EZD be wiped?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:Can EZD 2 coexist with a an installed EZD 1? Or will the legacy EZD be wiped?

/Joachim
A quick look confirms EZD 1 has disappeared after installing EZD 2 here. It doesn't represent a problem for me, although I can see some might consider it a leap of faith.

Toontrack are probably very confident that anything that runs EZD 1 will run EZD 2, and that compatibility in projects will be total - if not, they'd be asking for a lot of support issues with their enforced uninstallment of EZD 1.

They finally updated the GUI for Electronic EZX . The original was bloody awful.

I'd say actual loading time is far slower than before. There seems to be a lot of background loading going on once the initial portion of the sounds is in memory. I'm judging this by looking at the loading bar on the top right of the GUI.

I've a lot of EZX Kits, so I'm slowly updating (not forgetting to Rebuild Database in EZDrummer 2, as I go).

I like it a lot. For a long time there I was using my EZXs in SD2 just to have simple functionality like tuning a drum.

Being able to easily swop kit pieces between packs without going through that thoroughly confusing X-Crap and Mic-Assignment in SD2 is also a gift.

I feel very comfortable with the update so far.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

EZD2 updates EZD1 - all projects using EZD1 will automatically use EZD2 from now on. I tested all my projects, they sound identical as they did with EZD1.

Great job, TT!

I only bought EZD1 a few days ago (with the promise of free upgrade to EZD2) and was immediately blown away. EZD2 is even better.

I hadn't considered drum software before which is a shame in retrospect because spending too much time creating my own drum tracks in logic has always restricted any creativity that I might have. Within 20 minutes of using EZD1 I had written a half decent intro/verse.

There are already some good EZD2 demo clips on youtube for anybody thinking of taking the plunge.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”