Cinco de Mayo deals at Presonus...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Numanoid wrote:
standalone wrote:If they have not changed it, you can only use the instruments that are in the downloads section on your account.
OK, so only Komplete Players v7 found in the Presonus account download folder, and not full version of Komplete even if you got that installed already.
What about Reaktor instruments that are designed to work in Reaktor Player, such as Prism and Razor? Does anyone know if these can be loaded and used in Artist? Thanks!

I sold my Studio One v2 Producer recently. I really regret it, to be honest. So I jumped on this deal and if the Producer or Pro upgrades don't go in sale within the coming months, I'll just buy the upgrades full price.

Interesting - I read in the PreSonus forum that if you install a Vstplugins folder in Artist, it will read the full EZDrummer dll (original - haven't tried the new one yet) because it used to be bundled with EZDrummer Lite. I just tried it and this works - full EZDrummer loads in Artist. I am hopeful that if I put the full Kontakt, Reaktor and Guitar Rig dlls in this Vstplugins folder it will load the full versions of these, as well. I'm not sure if I can install the Komplete Player versions of these if I already have the full versions installed.

Edit - the full versions of Reaktor, Kontakt, Guitar Rig and Kore Player appear to work in Artist when their .dll files are placed in the Vstplugins folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\PreSonus\Studio One 2\Vstplugins and C:\Program Files\PreSonus\Studio One 2\Vstplugins :).

Word of warning to those trying to do workarounds in Artist, eventually you WILL upgrade, if not just to avoid all that hassle. :D

Artist on it's own is capable of putting out a decent mix even with the onboard effects however you WILL surrender to the hankering of more functionality(without the workarounds).

Take it from a guy who bought in during a New Years sale for $20.11, 2 months later I couldn't wait to upgrade to the FULL Professional version... since then I've stayed on the upgrade wagon up to now, I'm hooked.

When is version 3 coming out, BBBBBRUHAHAHahahaha,,,, :hihi:

Yeah, I'm in a grand total of that 20.11 plus 99 twice. It was worth it. A few things I can't shake (like the kontakt issue) But mostly it's a joy.

hibidy wrote:Yeah, I'm in a grand total of that 20.11 plus 99 twice. It was worth it. A few things I can't shake (like the kontakt issue) But mostly it's a joy.
Whats the Kontakt issue?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

CTStump wrote:Word of warning to those trying to do workarounds in Artist, eventually you WILL upgrade, if not just to avoid all that hassle. :D
Could be, but for now the ability to use EZD and the full version of Kontakt makes this much more usable and scratches the itch for a while (I hope). As Numanoid said, the restriction of options can lead to inspiration and allow me to concentrate on making music, instead of buying and installing software. I bought Reason with the same goal, but 50 GB of refills and rack extensions later, it hasn't worked out as I had hoped :).

damn, missed out.
anyone got a couple of extra licenses they want to sell? :P

bharris22 wrote: Edit - the full versions of Reaktor, Kontakt, Guitar Rig and Kore Player appear to work in Artist when their .dll files are placed in the Vstplugins folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\PreSonus\Studio One 2\Vstplugins and C:\Program Files\PreSonus\Studio One 2\Vstplugins :).
interesting, thanks for testing!
I only got this for a potential later upgrade to producer, but if kontakt/reaktor/GR5 are entirely useable, this might be the best 5$ i've spent in a long time! those 3 should cover the majority of any synth/drums/effects you might want ;)

murnau wrote:
standalone wrote:
murnau wrote:bought the addons yesterday. got confirmation but no dl in my software/add-ons. contacted support today: anybody elses have the same issue?
There seem to be more people with the same problem:

http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/46171.page#305350
thanx for the info!
same problem over here after near 2 days no news , and it does not shows up in my account ! also got the same support tech answere from presonus !

interesting, thanks for testing!
I only got this for a potential later upgrade to producer, but if kontakt/reaktor/GR5 are entirely useable, this might be the best 5$ i've spent in a long time! those 3 should cover the majority of any synth/drums/effects you might want ;)
Yeah, very cool that this seems to work :)

But do you need to reinstall, or just copy the dll's into the S1 Artist plugin folder?

I think 65% of my HDD is devoted to Kontakt libs so there will be no shortage of ammunition to input into S1 Artist :D

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
hibidy wrote:Yeah, I'm in a grand total of that 20.11 plus 99 twice. It was worth it. A few things I can't shake (like the kontakt issue) But mostly it's a joy.
Whats the Kontakt issue?
CPU spiking with certain products. Doesn't happen to everyone.

Numanoid wrote:
B.A.Tech. wrote:PreSonus Studio One Artist 2 to Producer 2 $99?
I'm not sure, it's suggested $55 here in the market place chat:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... start=3065
Even without a half-price sale, if you buy the upgrade at PluginDiscounts, the price will be a lot closer to $55 than to $99. :hihi:

anyone have any luck with the guitar amp sim in artist? it sounds awful to me :/

bharris22 wrote:Interesting - I read in the PreSonus forum that if you install a Vstplugins folder in Artist, it will read the full EZDrummer dll (original - haven't tried the new one yet) because it used to be bundled with EZDrummer Lite.
Wasn't there a "workaround" initially where just about any VSTs DLL could be renamed EZDrummer and would be picked up? Maybe worth trying with a modular host like vstforx or something. :)

Thanks for testing the NI products, having Reaktor in Artist would be enough for me.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”