Freeware Firebird 2.1 public beta released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FireBird

But then you won't experience the enhancements included in the beta.
Looking forward to the official release of this new freebie!

Musical Gym wrote:But then you won't experience the enhancements included in the beta.
What are they?

I would think users, especially those who still stick with Windows XP, would want to know more in detail what the "minor ehancements" are before installing.

Calling Bastiaan, calling Bastiaan, come in Bastiaan, come in Bastiaan.

Numanoid wrote:
Sequent wrote:I think there were some issues for people who had iLok on their system for other stuff... not for Tone2 stuff. Tone2 does not use iLok.
I have had both Firebird and iLok/PACE on my Windows 7 system for well over a year, no problems here.
Seems like everyone's system is different. I was having trouble on my system.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

PM sent to Bastiaan to clear up confusion.

1. Since the "new" bank is called "Condemned" it's probably the one that Xenos gratiously decided to share for free months ago (and available for free on his website). I have 2 left hands, but I can load a fxb bank by myself ;) Just for this...no need to upgrade.

2. Updated installer - my main beef with this whole thing :( A month before setting Firebird free they gave away on Facebook the dll version. You only need to add a file to the registry and you're done - I don't think that would affect iLoks and the like. An installer on the other hand (old flame war aside)...what a hell can it include that would mess copy protection devices up? Seriously, I would like to know...

3. All in all, I don't see why an installer is needed since the synth works just fine in its simpler dll only form... if they want to do a good deed they'd cut the crap and just provide an updated dll and be done with all this...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:An installer on the other hand (old flame war aside)...what a hell can it include that would mess copy protection devices up? Seriously, I would like to know...
And I expect that Tone2 installers are built on the same foundation. So why have there been no official posting from Tone 2 about updating the installer of their payware products?

It's just weird that OP from Tone2 who doesn't post much on KVR, comes in here and spends time promoting an update for a free product?

Wouldn't they want to promote these kinds of updates for their payware first :?:

Is this really a public beta? Are we supposed to report bugs in this thread?

The synth is freeware. You can download & use it. It's not a beta - it was a coomercial product for years, now retired in a freeware form ;)
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:The synth is freeware. You can download & use it. It's not a beta - it was a coomercial product for years, now retired in a freeware form ;)
v2.1 is public beta, I would think there might still be issues before a proper 2.1 is released (and announced on the Tone2 website)
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

core wrote:v2.1 is public beta, I would think there might still be issues before a proper 2.1 is released (and announced on the Tone2 website)
Well they either come clean and state what the heck they've changed that requires a 10 years old synth to go through a beta or the changes are as "small" as they claim and in that case there's no beta, just a redundant update :) So which is it? :hihi:

well theres an added demo for another product in the installer.
and theres now some anti-crack stuff going on in the background.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... n#p5457940

I just stick with the free DLL version that I got from BEAT, and download the Xenos soundbank (didnt know about this, thanks!)

An installer on the other hand (old flame war aside)...what a hell can it include that would mess copy protection devices up? Seriously, I would like to know...
It's not the installer, there was an issue between the latest iLok driver and our plugin DLL, not everyone's system was affected but we fixed it on our side. Fwiw, this was all published on our forum when the issue happened.
3. All in all, I don't see why an installer is needed since the synth works just fine in its simpler dll only form... if they want to do a good deed they'd cut the crap and just provide an updated dll and be done with all this...
Some people still value having an installer. As for the crap, the installer gives you the choice to install the additional demo content or just Firebird.

There were some minor stability improvements done with this release (incl. the iLok issue mentioned before) hence why we released it as a public beta, nothing more nothing less.

gamecat666 wrote:and theres now some anti-crack stuff going on in the background.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... n#p5457940
As my computer is certified 100% free of any cracked software, there is no need for me to have a checker for that installed, I manage to do that myself.

Thanks for the update Bastiaan ... as a Firebird user since it was first released its good to see it is still being "developed" ... was wondering if there's any benefit for XP users (like me) in this upgrade? I already have the extra presets.

Return to “Instruments”