NEED ADVISE mixing/mastering of this retro electronica track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all i needs 2nd opinions on the mix and master. whats good about it and whats not so good.

The tune: Is a retro electronica track called Candy Sunset.

Thank you very much for your time!

https://soundcloud.com/kev-herb/candy-sunset

anyone? any opinions would really be appreciated.
Thanks

Not much to advise.

Very repetitive.
Didn't really go anywhere but maybe it's not supposed to. Maybe it's supposed to be mood music.
1:14 Weird chords. They interrupted the flow for a bit.

What does that have to do with mixing and mastering?

Good question. :)

If you were trying to 'go somewhere' with the mix, I'd suggest saving some of the instruments for the final chorus, so that the end of the track trumps the beginning etc. Experiment with muting some tracks from time to time for variation.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Not much to advise.

Very repetitive.
Didn't really go anywhere but maybe it's not supposed to. Maybe it's supposed to be mood music.

Thanks for your comments but isnt all music "mood music" to a degree?

The weird chords do interrupt the flow but its kinda supposed to as its bridging for the transition but thanks for your opinion.

Would it be better if i made it into dubstep or complextro?

kevherb wrote:

Very repetitive.

The weird chords do interrupt the flow but its kinda supposed to as its bridging for the transition but thanks for your opinion.

That would depend on the result.

Aloysius wrote:
kevherb wrote:

Very repetitive.

That would depend on the result.
try to think of the same song but with a yoy bass at 2:15

Seriously?

You could try. For me, it was the chords themselves that didn't fit. I liked the idea of them but just a different selection could have given that little bit of tension and release in more of a harmonic way.

When I said mood music, I was thinking that this track sounds like background type music. Inoffensive. Not attention grabbing. But as I pointed out, maybe that's just the style of the music you put together. I don't know. Just commenting on what occurred to me as if I heard that track once on the radio or whatever.

Good luck with it! :)

Aloysius wrote:Seriously?

You could try. For me, it was the chords themselves that didn't fit. I liked the idea of them but just a different selection could have given that little bit of tension and release in more of a harmonic way.

When I said mood music, I was thinking that this track sounds like background type music. Inoffensive. Not attention grabbing. But as I pointed out, maybe that's just the style of the music you put together. I don't know. Just commenting on what occurred to me as if I heard that track once on the radio or whatever.

Good luck with it! :)
Thanks for the more detailed feedback. You have explained much clearer now and i see you have edited your first post to reflect that.

If i had a vocalist i could arrange it more conventionally to accommodate verse and chorus structure.

Thanks for your time 8)

My first post is as it was. It would say edited if that were so.

Anyway, stick with it. There's still plenty of room in the world for music without dub-step wobbles. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”