The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A_SN wrote:I never understood how expensive Teles are better than cheap ones (besides for the nicer looks, it doesn't get much better than a rosewood Telecaster imo)
The irony there is that rosewood Telecasters are too heavy to play regularly and don't sound the way most people want a Telecaster to sound.

Uncle E wrote:
A_SN wrote:I never understood how expensive Teles are better than cheap ones (besides for the nicer looks, it doesn't get much better than a rosewood Telecaster imo)
The irony there is that rosewood Telecasters are too heavy to play regularly and don't sound the way most people want a Telecaster to sound.
Oh wow, how bad can the weight be? My alder Tele is already heavy enough that when I got a strap for it it made me decide to start lifting weights again :lol: (really, when playing standing it was killing my left shoulder in barely one minute, but I'm not quite a paragon of strength either). Acoustic players don't know our pain! :hihi:
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Mister Natural wrote:Image

partscaster : my #1
Korean body & neck
Duncan "Rail" bridge
stock Fender middle PU
Duncan Antiquity neck
4 spring - dive only setup
Gotoh tuners
E.Ball "power-slinky" strings

peace

That is such a thing of beauty it is not true.

I'm going to bow out here now.

But man, that is a very very beautiful thing.

^ you are very kind to say, Codec . . . & welcome to come over to play it anytime you happen to be in town

:=)
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

My alder body tele is nothing compared to Les Pauls I've owned. Hell, it's practically a parker fly compared to my Z6.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

tapper mike said I should show off my Tele here:

She is a Les Paul in disguise (dual humbuckers, set neck, contoured body, jumbo frets etc.), but can coil tap for a more trad tele single coil style chime. She's a beaut!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/ ... _maple_hh/

Don't think they make them any more. Been meaning to have a Schaller Hannes bridge put on her for ages.

Holy f..k that is fantastic!

She is a beauty,

Are we allowed to post guitars of questionable quality here too? After seeing Hermetech Mastering's beautiful Tele on pristine tatami mat, I wanted to show everyone the damaged tatami in my living room with some old Japanese twangers covering the worst of the stains. The Guyatone and the micro-bass are the only two I really play, the others are more wall hangers though each one has a peculiar quality that makes it useful on occasion.

Guyatone
Zen-on
Orfeo
ImageImage
Couple of modded Fernandes Zo-3

Show em if you've got em.

I've got a few one trick pony's as well.

So, I played an RGA8 for grins at a Sam Ash the other day, and then ordered one of these from zZounds shortly after:

I have to say, that Indonesia factory did well on this SIX28FDBG. Only thing it needs is a little intonation love on a couple strings and a fret dressing (and they aren't so bad, just a little rough along the edges, no sprouting, and was set up back in February to boot). Plays very well, nice low action and no buzzing even on the 8th string. The pickups are nice, too, it's just a great instrument all around and sounds really good distorted and clean.

Looks like ia S770PB wasn't in my future after-all. But hey, I have a box to ship my Kawaii K5000S in when I sell it, now, since zZounds sent it to me inside a second shipping box.

No more music-anything until I sell stuff I'm not using, though.
Meh.

I am so glad this thread isn't dead. I know I haven't posted all of mine. Now....Now I have to revisit the thread to see which ones I've already posted so I don't repeat myself.

Nice one Kris,
Nice Many's knockman

knockman wrote:Are we allowed to post guitars of questionable quality here too? After seeing Hermetech Mastering's beautiful Tele on pristine tatami mat, I wanted to show everyone the damaged tatami in my living room with some old Japanese twangers covering the worst of the stains. The Guyatone and the micro-bass are the only two I really play, the others are more wall hangers though each one has a peculiar quality that makes it useful on occasion.

Guyatone
Zen-on
Orfeo
ImageImage
Couple of modded Fernandes Zo-3
not mine to say, but please do post guitars of questionable quality...no offense to thers (including myself :hihi: ) but strats, teles, les pauls and sg's get old...in fact that's how my baritone made the Warmoth FB page. Mine and two other guitars because they were in the may 2013 contest and that was the reason...they were not any of those 4...not putting down those 4 guitars but they are a bit cliche at times...love seeing something new :D
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

KrisM wrote:So, I played an RGA8 for grins at a Sam Ash the other day, and then ordered one of these from zZounds shortly after:

I have to say, that Indonesia factory did well on this SIX28FDBG. Only thing it needs is a little intonation love on a couple strings and a fret dressing (and they aren't so bad, just a little rough along the edges, no sprouting, and was set up back in February to boot). Plays very well, nice low action and no buzzing even on the 8th string. The pickups are nice, too, it's just a great instrument all around and sounds really good distorted and clean.

Looks like ia S770PB wasn't in my future after-all. But hey, I have a box to ship my Kawaii K5000S in when I sell it, now, since zZounds sent it to me inside a second shipping box.

No more music-anything until I sell stuff I'm not using, though.
EVERY indo ibby needs the fret ends done. I have no idea why. I guess it's far more humid there than anywhere else or something.

hibidy wrote:EVERY indo ibby needs the fret ends done. I have no idea why. I guess it's far more humid there than anywhere else or something.
That makes some sense. Japan gets very humid in the summer time but it's rarely like Indonesia.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”