Origins - SystematicX1 [Progressive Trance]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been on a remix kick for quite some time and so after a year I present my latest original work entitled Origins. Any feedback ALWAYS appreciated as I havent done a Trance track in over 10 years..lol

http://soundcloud.com/djrush-2/wip

I liked the overall sound on here and the arps were very nice, but I think you should drop them out occasionally just to give the listener a brief respite, and to maximise their effect. Maybe adding a slow lead melody line which you could introduce occasionally would give the track a little more variety. Maybe you could also try varying the percussion during the breakdown between 2:00-3:00. The kick sounded a little "thin" left on its own for a whole minute. Try using a "fatter" kick sound at a low volume, or a solo hat pattern just to give that section a little more variety.

Good work :)

Seismic1 Thanks soooo much for taking the time to actually listen ,critique and post, it is truly appreciated. For sure taken to heart! Thanks man!

Oldschool. Indeed sounds like 2001 or something ;) Albion - Air comes to my mind.

The thing is, trance has eveolved since then. I don't only mean popular trends, but also technical quality as such. It it now more powerful, more complex, more dynamic. Few monophonic synths playing simple patterns no longer make a tune :P Even if you are going progressive, it must be deeper - both in structure and mixdown.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Warmonger,
I'd have to agree with you as I have heard some pretty dynamic tracks from the likes of noah neiman & Scot project,etc.
To be honest, I dont keep up with the trance trends of today, and as mentioned, this was the first attempt at making a track like this in over 10 years. Perhaps calling it "progressive" was bad terminology however...it was just something that seemed to flow fairly natural for me.
And to you kind sir, I Thank You as well for your time and critique.

Return to “Music Cafe”