Latest track improved "HEY!"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys,
the last time i posted this track i got the feedback that it was to boring... to long the same melody and such.
I've worked on it for a while now and i'm wandering what you guys think of it.
I've improved the toms and snare's en made variations on the melody as the track goes along.
the only thing i'm not to happy about is the switch in tone/octave (don't know what it is exactly, i'm still a noob;)) after the the fist two blocks of main melody. so i could use some tips on that!
but i could also use a lot of feedback on the rest of the track!!!

https://soundcloud.com/maarten-pool/hey

I think the track sounds pretty good. I would suggest listening to other music to get ideas instead of getting stuck and waiting for feedback.
MaartenP wrote:made variations on the melody as the track goes along.
the only thing i'm not to happy about is the switch in tone/octave (don't know what it is exactly, i'm still a noob;)) after the the fist two blocks of main melody. so i could use some tips on that!
I wouldn't call that part a melody. I would call that part a riff. I think of melodies as more singable, less rhythmically intense than that although it's a grey area.

Rather than trying to sustain the listener's interest with a single riff, you can have multiple parts playing together: riffs, melodies, bass lines, arps, chords, etc. The combination of all these parts is where the magic happens.

Frantz wrote:I think the track sounds pretty good. I would suggest listening to other music to get ideas instead of getting stuck and waiting for feedback.
MaartenP wrote:made variations on the melody as the track goes along.
I wouldn't call that part a melody. I would call that part a riff. I think of melodies as more singable, less rhythmically intense than that although it's a grey area.

Rather than trying to sustain the listener's interest with a single riff, you can have multiple parts playing together: riffs, melodies, bass lines, arps, chords, etc. The combination of all these parts is where the magic happens.
yeah i know, but i have trouble combining different riffs melodies, arps and such. it all sounds real messy real' quick. but thats definitely something i have to work on!
thnx for the feedback!

(btw, what am i doing wrong?! i got over 400 views on this topic and just one post... why won't no one respond to my topic?!)
:help:

*Bump*

Return to “Music Cafe”