EZ DRUMMER 2

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EZdrummer 2

tplusj wrote:Can anyone comment on the Pop! EZX? Would it complement my current assortment?

Also, does the Nashville kit (played with sticks) sound different enough from the EZD2 modern kits to warrant its purchase? I don't anticipate getting much use out of the brushes or hand strikes, but I've liked what I've heard.

Finally, anyone have experience with the Americana EZX? Does it require a lot of tweaking, or does it possess a useable variety of rawness?
I have the Pop! EZX. I am a bit disappointed with it. Pop! sounds like a bunch of individual samples, combined together, that don't always work together or sound consistent; it is usable but, by far, my least favorite. Americana, otoh, is great! It has a great, organic, songwriter-type vibe. I also really like the Jazz library for organic sounds 8)

Aloysius wrote:
blueman wrote:Is there a way to save the hybrid kits we create?
Aloysius wrote:Click on the orange box (top right).

Scroll down to User Presets.

Navigate to Save As ... Etc ...
Was my reply of help to you?
It was. Thank you! :-)

Rich

It's not possible to use SDX kits in EZD2, is it? You can go the other way, using EZXs in SD2 for more mix options, but can't use the "fancier" SD kits in EZD? My EZD2 upgrade hasn't made it through the pipeline yet, or I'd try it myself.

I've accumulated a pretty even mix of SDXs (where I thought wanted to be) and EZXs (ones that don't exist for SD), not a lot of either. It'd be great to make use of both kinds of kit with either engine, whichever workflow I wanted to deal with.

blueman wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
blueman wrote:Is there a way to save the hybrid kits we create?
Aloysius wrote:Click on the orange box (top right).

Scroll down to User Presets.

Navigate to Save As ... Etc ...
Was my reply of help to you?
It was. Thank you! :-)

Rich
:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

using multi outs at 48khz causes EZD2 to crash in SonarX3. Any other daw getting this?

Apologies in advance for so many questions, they all relate the the same core issue.

My Products on the TT site says SD2 has an update available, but when I downloaded it, it says it's 2.3.1, and I have 2.3.2 installed according to Programs and Features, and the title bar of the app itself. The two installers in the zip are also dated 11/23/2012, long before I bought and installed SD2.

Should I install this update or not? Are the "Update Available" notifications in My Products reliable?

This matters a lot now that EZD2 is out. I bought that upgrade, will be installing it when it arrives, and need to know what updates are needed for things to work well together.

All my EZXs say they have updates available, to both the kits and their MIDI, but I'm not going to do those until after EZD2 is installed. I believe I heard that that install will update any installed EZXs itself. Is that right? Or should I download these updates from TT separately? Should I install those now, or wait for EZD2?

Besides SD itself, all my SDXs say they have MIDI updates available. Are there really new updates for them? Does that have to do with EZD2?

Thanks again,
Dave

dwozzle wrote:Apologies in advance for so many questions, they all relate the the same core issue.

My Products on the TT site says SD2 has an update available, but when I downloaded it, it says it's 2.3.1, and I have 2.3.2 installed according to Programs and Features, and the title bar of the app itself. The two installers in the zip are also dated 11/23/2012, long before I bought and installed SD2.

Should I install this update or not? Are the "Update Available" notifications in My Products reliable?

This matters a lot now that EZD2 is out. I bought that upgrade, will be installing it when it arrives, and need to know what updates are needed for things to work well together.

All my EZXs say they have updates available, to both the kits and their MIDI, but I'm not going to do those until after EZD2 is installed. I believe I heard that that install will update any installed EZXs itself. Is that right? Or should I download these updates from TT separately?
Not sure. Install EZD2 first, then run Check for Update.

Dave - I'm pretty sure from the Toontrack Forum the SD2 update still isn't out yet - you must have an older version. Should be "any day" they say.

Can't be sure about whether or not its worth doing all those individual updates - everything seemed to be done for me when I installed EZD2, so I've asked over at the TT forum.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

dwozzle wrote:
All my EZXs say they have updates available, to both the kits and their MIDI, but I'm not going to do those until after EZD2 is installed. I believe I heard that that install will update any installed EZXs itself. Is that right?
No. Download and update yourself. I did it over a few days.

dwozzle wrote:Apologies in advance for so many questions, they all relate the the same core issue.

The latest version is 2.3.2, dated 2013-07-02. The MIDI pack was updated yesterday, though.

I installed the v2 upgrade FIRST. Afterwards, I fired up the new version to check everything out and all of my expansions seemed to work fine. I went back to the Toontrack website, downloaded the EZX updates--there are 2 for each EZX--, and installed them separately. Both of the update files are very small (only a few megabytes) with the exception of the pop/rock library update--which I think has additional or separate samples because it seems to sound better; almost like a new library 8)

Tbh, it is not clear to me what the EZX updates are for :? Everything worked fine for me right after the version 2 installation. I played around quite a bit, swapped different pieces out, and tested most of the new features with no trouble at all.

Does anyone know why all of these separate, individual updates are necessary? With exception to the Pop/Rock update, I don't see any new features, or added value, so far :shrug: Maybe there just for overall stability, and to ensure compatibility? I get a little annoyed when I can't see what an update or upgrade is doing. First world problems!
Last edited by blueman on Sat May 10, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Aloysius wrote:
dwozzle wrote:
All my EZXs say they have updates available, to both the kits and their MIDI, but I'm not going to do those until after EZD2 is installed. I believe I heard that that install will update any installed EZXs itself. Is that right?
Are you sure they made any difference? As I say above, everything seems updated to me already with the EZD2 installation.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:Are you sure they made any difference? As I say above, everything seems updated to me already with the EZD2 installation.
Right! See my previous post above. It would be nice to get some clarification on this. They really should be able to bundle these updates into one complete update.

clintmartin wrote:using multi outs at 48khz causes EZD2 to crash in SonarX3. Any other daw getting this?
Fine here in Cubase 7.5.2 and Sonar 8.5.3 (both W7 64 bit pro using 64 bit plugin)
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
dwozzle wrote:
Are you sure they made any difference? As I say above, everything seems updated to me already with the EZD2 installation.
If you look at Menu (top right)/Sound Libraries/and then select one of your Libraries .... It will show what version your Sound Library is.

Does it make a difference to update? I think you can safely assume that Toontrack put the updates in your account for a good reason.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”