What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

DAMNED... no tools able to create wavetables available on OSX !!!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Krakatau
KVRAF

4538 posts since 24 May, 2002, from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Postby Krakatau; Sat May 10, 2014 4:28 am DAMNED... no tools able to create wavetables available on OSX !!!

Ok as the title suggest, now that DUNE 2 just been lashed on the market, i'm asking this to all insiders : what applications would you recommand if i wanted, as a pure beginner,to create my own single-cicle waveform and wavetables to load them then, into appropriate instruments (Dune2 of course, but also Absynth, PPG wave 3.0, etc, etc...)
Last edited by Krakatau on Sun May 11, 2014 5:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
MillerSam
KVRist

417 posts since 21 Dec, 2012

Postby MillerSam; Sat May 10, 2014 7:34 am Re: What tool(s) to create wavetables would you recommand ? (on OSX mainly...)

I don't know if you can import wavetables in Dune 2

PPG 3.0 is open for wav files but not for wavetables !
Krakatau
KVRAF

Postby Krakatau; Sat May 10, 2014 7:38 am Re: What tool(s) to create wavetables would you recommand ? (on OSX mainly...)

According to what i've read in the current Dune2 topic on that peculiar subforum, it seems that you can import/create wavetables...
Kriminal
KVRAF

18387 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Sat May 10, 2014 7:50 am Re: What tool(s) to create wavetables would you recommand ? (on OSX mainly...)

MillerSam wrote:I don't know if you can import wavetables in Dune 2

Yes, you can.
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

21227 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Sun May 11, 2014 3:26 am Re: What tools to create wavetables would you recommand on OSX?

Hate to say it but your main option seems to be VirtualBox-ing Windows and using the various PC tools available.
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
Ingonator
KVRAF

7868 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Sun May 11, 2014 3:58 am Re: What tool(s) to create wavetables would you recommand ? (on OSX mainly...)

Kriminal wrote:
MillerSam wrote:I don't know if you can import wavetables in Dune 2

Yes, you can.

Funny, i just created a DUNE 2 wavetable (using the sample resynthesis in Audio Term) with that famous quote from Obama... :D
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Reaper / Studio One 2.6 / Blofeld / Pulse 2 /Waldorf + Tone 2 plugins + others
elassi
KVRian

677 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Postby elassi; Sun May 11, 2014 4:14 am Re: ANY tools able to create wavetables available on OSX !!!

I'm not sure but I think Metasynth could be a solution. OTH it's not the cheapest software...
Krakatau
KVRAF

Postby Krakatau; Sun May 11, 2014 5:00 am Re: ANY tools able to create wavetables available on OSX !!!

elassi wrote:I'm not sure but I think Metasynth could be a solution. OTH it's not the cheapest software...

that's intelligent, the spectrum synth room is creating a quite similar work and you can save "instant spectrums* that can be compared as a single cycle waveform but i don't think that can be exported one way or another...

:(

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments