What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

EZ DRUMMER 2

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

blueman
KVRian
 
1295 posts since 28 May, 2008, from Saint Paul, MN

Postby blueman; Sat May 10, 2014 4:47 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

tplusj wrote:Can anyone comment on the Pop! EZX? Would it complement my current assortment?

Also, does the Nashville kit (played with sticks) sound different enough from the EZD2 modern kits to warrant its purchase? I don't anticipate getting much use out of the brushes or hand strikes, but I've liked what I've heard.

Finally, anyone have experience with the Americana EZX? Does it require a lot of tweaking, or does it possess a useable variety of rawness?


I have the Pop! EZX. I am a bit disappointed with it. Pop! sounds like a bunch of individual samples, combined together, that don't always work together or sound consistent; it is usable but, by far, my least favorite. Americana, otoh, is great! It has a great, organic, songwriter-type vibe. I also really like the Jazz library for organic sounds 8)
blueman
KVRian
 
1295 posts since 28 May, 2008, from Saint Paul, MN

Postby blueman; Sat May 10, 2014 4:56 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

Aloysius wrote:
blueman wrote:Is there a way to save the hybrid kits we create?


Aloysius wrote:Click on the orange box (top right).

Scroll down to User Presets.

Navigate to Save As ... Etc ...


Was my reply of help to you?


It was. Thank you! :-)

Rich
dwozzle
KVRist
 
189 posts since 27 Dec, 2012, from Boston area

Postby dwozzle; Sat May 10, 2014 5:14 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

It's not possible to use SDX kits in EZD2, is it? You can go the other way, using EZXs in SD2 for more mix options, but can't use the "fancier" SD kits in EZD? My EZD2 upgrade hasn't made it through the pipeline yet, or I'd try it myself.

I've accumulated a pretty even mix of SDXs (where I thought wanted to be) and EZXs (ones that don't exist for SD), not a lot of either. It'd be great to make use of both kinds of kit with either engine, whichever workflow I wanted to deal with.
User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
 
10640 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from Alto Icon

Postby Aloysius; Sat May 10, 2014 5:15 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

blueman wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
blueman wrote:Is there a way to save the hybrid kits we create?


Aloysius wrote:Click on the orange box (top right).

Scroll down to User Presets.

Navigate to Save As ... Etc ...


Was my reply of help to you?


It was. Thank you! :-)

Rich


:tu:
I feel like Buddha Holly
clintmartin
KVRist
 
137 posts since 15 Nov, 2012, from Arkansas, USA

Postby clintmartin; Sat May 10, 2014 5:54 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

using multi outs at 48khz causes EZD2 to crash in SonarX3. Any other daw getting this?
dwozzle
KVRist
 
189 posts since 27 Dec, 2012, from Boston area

Postby dwozzle; Sat May 10, 2014 5:59 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

Apologies in advance for so many questions, they all relate the the same core issue.

My Products on the TT site says SD2 has an update available, but when I downloaded it, it says it's 2.3.1, and I have 2.3.2 installed according to Programs and Features, and the title bar of the app itself. The two installers in the zip are also dated 11/23/2012, long before I bought and installed SD2.

Should I install this update or not? Are the "Update Available" notifications in My Products reliable?

This matters a lot now that EZD2 is out. I bought that upgrade, will be installing it when it arrives, and need to know what updates are needed for things to work well together.

All my EZXs say they have updates available, to both the kits and their MIDI, but I'm not going to do those until after EZD2 is installed. I believe I heard that that install will update any installed EZXs itself. Is that right? Or should I download these updates from TT separately? Should I install those now, or wait for EZD2?

Besides SD itself, all my SDXs say they have MIDI updates available. Are there really new updates for them? Does that have to do with EZD2?

Thanks again,
Dave
firepile
KVRian
 
626 posts since 19 Aug, 2009, from Norway

Postby firepile; Sat May 10, 2014 6:56 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

dwozzle wrote:Apologies in advance for so many questions, they all relate the the same core issue.

My Products on the TT site says SD2 has an update available, but when I downloaded it, it says it's 2.3.1, and I have 2.3.2 installed according to Programs and Features, and the title bar of the app itself. The two installers in the zip are also dated 11/23/2012, long before I bought and installed SD2.

Should I install this update or not? Are the "Update Available" notifications in My Products reliable?

This matters a lot now that EZD2 is out. I bought that upgrade, will be installing it when it arrives, and need to know what updates are needed for things to work well together.

All my EZXs say they have updates available, to both the kits and their MIDI, but I'm not going to do those until after EZD2 is installed. I believe I heard that that install will update any installed EZXs itself. Is that right? Or should I download these updates from TT separately?

Not sure. Install EZD2 first, then run Check for Update.
noiseboyuk
KVRian
 
883 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Postby noiseboyuk; Sat May 10, 2014 6:57 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

Dave - I'm pretty sure from the Toontrack Forum the SD2 update still isn't out yet - you must have an older version. Should be "any day" they say.

Can't be sure about whether or not its worth doing all those individual updates - everything seemed to be done for me when I installed EZD2, so I've asked over at the TT forum.
User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
 
10640 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from Alto Icon

Postby Aloysius; Sat May 10, 2014 6:58 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

dwozzle wrote:
All my EZXs say they have updates available, to both the kits and their MIDI, but I'm not going to do those until after EZD2 is installed. I believe I heard that that install will update any installed EZXs itself. Is that right?


No. Download and update yourself. I did it over a few days.
I feel like Buddha Holly
firepile
KVRian
 
626 posts since 19 Aug, 2009, from Norway

Postby firepile; Sat May 10, 2014 6:59 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

dwozzle wrote:Apologies in advance for so many questions, they all relate the the same core issue.

My Products on the TT site says SD2 has an update available, but when I downloaded it, it says it's 2.3.1, and I have 2.3.2 installed according to Programs and Features, and the title bar of the app itself. The two installers in the zip are also dated 11/23/2012, long before I bought and installed SD2.

The latest version is 2.3.2, dated 2013-07-02. The MIDI pack was updated yesterday, though.
blueman
KVRian
 
1295 posts since 28 May, 2008, from Saint Paul, MN

Postby blueman; Sat May 10, 2014 7:11 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

I installed the v2 upgrade FIRST. Afterwards, I fired up the new version to check everything out and all of my expansions seemed to work fine. I went back to the Toontrack website, downloaded the EZX updates--there are 2 for each EZX--, and installed them separately. Both of the update files are very small (only a few megabytes) with the exception of the pop/rock library update--which I think has additional or separate samples because it seems to sound better; almost like a new library 8)

Tbh, it is not clear to me what the EZX updates are for :? Everything worked fine for me right after the version 2 installation. I played around quite a bit, swapped different pieces out, and tested most of the new features with no trouble at all.

Does anyone know why all of these separate, individual updates are necessary? With exception to the Pop/Rock update, I don't see any new features, or added value, so far :shrug: Maybe there just for overall stability, and to ensure compatibility? I get a little annoyed when I can't see what an update or upgrade is doing. First world problems!
Last edited by blueman on Sat May 10, 2014 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
noiseboyuk
KVRian
 
883 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Postby noiseboyuk; Sat May 10, 2014 7:13 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

Aloysius wrote:
dwozzle wrote:
All my EZXs say they have updates available, to both the kits and their MIDI, but I'm not going to do those until after EZD2 is installed. I believe I heard that that install will update any installed EZXs itself. Is that right?


No. Download and update yourself. I did it over a few days.


Are you sure they made any difference? As I say above, everything seems updated to me already with the EZD2 installation.
blueman
KVRian
 
1295 posts since 28 May, 2008, from Saint Paul, MN

Postby blueman; Sat May 10, 2014 7:18 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

noiseboyuk wrote:Are you sure they made any difference? As I say above, everything seems updated to me already with the EZD2 installation.


Right! See my previous post above. It would be nice to get some clarification on this. They really should be able to bundle these updates into one complete update.
noiseboyuk
KVRian
 
883 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Postby noiseboyuk; Sat May 10, 2014 8:15 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

clintmartin wrote:using multi outs at 48khz causes EZD2 to crash in SonarX3. Any other daw getting this?


Fine here in Cubase 7.5.2 and Sonar 8.5.3 (both W7 64 bit pro using 64 bit plugin)
User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
 
10640 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from Alto Icon

Postby Aloysius; Sat May 10, 2014 8:25 am Re: EZ DRUMMER 2

noiseboyuk wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
dwozzle wrote:
All my EZXs say they have updates available, to both the kits and their MIDI, but I'm not going to do those until after EZD2 is installed. I believe I heard that that install will update any installed EZXs itself. Is that right?


No. Download and update yourself. I did it over a few days.


Are you sure they made any difference? As I say above, everything seems updated to me already with the EZD2 installation.


If you look at Menu (top right)/Sound Libraries/and then select one of your Libraries .... It will show what version your Sound Library is.

Does it make a difference to update? I think you can safely assume that Toontrack put the updates in your account for a good reason.
I feel like Buddha Holly
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries