One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

caonoize wrote: Still, I think that music is an art, and I will not be so trivially dismissed, nor will I be silent when people treat composition so shabbily.
Shame you didn't pay the same undivided attention to a simple cutting & pasting of quotes with the correct person, as you want other's to do with composition. Imo sounds like a poor justification to note vote because you was too lazy to do so.
Since there are various level and capabilities of the people entering and trying to improve themselves seems a bit poor of you deeming them not worthy of you actually listening or scoring.
Maybe better you would be better off practising cut & paste in your ivory tower than belittling peoples efforts.

Today, I got bad news :cry:

Next week, we’ll be turning off the option to go back to Classic SoundCloud.

I feared, that this will happen some day. So far as I can see, we cannot answer to the comments on the new SC, or, if answered, we cannot see the answers in the comments. This would end the conversation. :x
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

photonic wrote:Today, I got bad news :cry:

Next week, we’ll be turning off the option to go back to Classic SoundCloud.

I feared, that this will happen some day. So far as I can see, we cannot answer to the comments on the new SC, or, if answered, we cannot see the answers in the comments. This would end the conversation. :x
Yeah, very true about the usefulness of comments & replies. I'm probably going to be working on a new player soon (maybe to be used for OSC voting) and try to find out a way to make comment threads on SC tracks work nicely. Can't guarantee that I'll succeed, though; have another important project with a timeline that I need to work on. :)

caonoize wrote:If the song is lousy, one doesn't have a case. A four note ostinato with timbral shifts is not a song, it's a waste of not only my time but everyone else's as well.
Then give it a 1 and move on. :phones:

New synth suggestion. And it's cross-platform Mac/PC I think (would have to check on this with the developer):

INVADR_WAVE: http://invadrsoft.co.uk/

:)

Not that my $0.02 matters much, since I've yet to manage getting anything
done in time to enter an OSC yet-
that being said, I find the OSCs very valuable for the improvements in sound design, composition, production and general turn-around time that I've gained as a simple result of taking a crack at each one; there's been a high bar set by the winning and regular entrants to these; and although I figure a fair amount have more time/experience than I do with addressing the issues an OSC raises with its constraints,
it's a great opportunity for anyone to shrink their ego and try to sharpen their skills;
no quicker way to find out where your weak points are, than to take any of what you
might consider the best OSC entries, and equal or best them.

tl:dr The OSC is valuable simply for the learning opportunity it presents, even if
one has never entered one.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

ccDuckett wrote:...
it's a great opportunity for anyone to shrink their ego and try to sharpen their skills;
no quicker way to find out where your weak points are, than to take any of what you
might consider the best OSC entries, and equal or best them.

tl:dr The OSC is valuable simply for the learning opportunity it presents, even if
one has never entered one.
+1 :tu:. Couldn't agree more, well said.

Note:

Just to announce I'm quitting as admin of One-Synth-Challenge and Bjporter will take over so direct all inquiries to him from now on.

It's been fun and satisfying to see both the competition and people grow here, but as I don't enter anymore and have growing family obligations and an able admin replacement it's as good time as any to bow out.

Big thanks to KVR (Ben) for letting us have prime position with stickies in the main forum for all these years, I hope it can continue. :tu:

Cheers all! :hug:

V'ger wrote:Note:

Just to announce I'm quitting as admin of One-Synth-Challenge and Bjporter will take over so direct all inquiries to him from now on.

It's been fun and satisfying to see both the competition and people grow here, but as I don't enter anymore and have growing family obligations and an able admin replacement it's as good time as any to bow out.

Big thanks to KVR (Ben) for letting us have prime position with stickies in the main forum for all these years, I hope it can continue. :tu:

Aw, sad news :( But I totally understand...

Take care & all the best to all your future endeavours :clap:
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Just to announce I'm quitting as admin of One-Synth-Challenge ...

All I can say is thank you very much for all your work you put into OSC. :clap:
And it is good to see that the OSC contiues, put into good hands. :tu:

All the best for your future! :hug:
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

That's been kinda unexpected. :o

But as idfpower has just said, it's totally understandable. Things in real life tend to become more complicated as time goes by, and sometimes we have to make (hard) choices here and there.

I'm still kinda new here, but everytime I needed to ask or discuss about something with you or BJ via PM, both of you offered a prompt, superb support. :clap:

Thanks a lot for everything, and all the best! :hug:

And to BJporter: good luck, man! :tu:

V'ger wrote: Just to announce I'm quitting as admin of One-Synth-Challenge and Bjporter will take over so direct all inquiries to him from now on.
Good luck with your future endeavors and thank you very much for all the work you did for OSC.

Good luck, Bjporter.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

[..]
Wow, didn't see that one coming! Thank you so much for all your effort making the KVR OSC what it is today! You have done an amazing job and I sincerely hope that you will stay a regular visitor in the KVR OSC threads!

:clap: :clap:
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

V'ger wrote: Just to announce I'm quitting as admin of One-Synth-Challenge and Bjporter will take over so direct all inquiries to him from now on.
As another relative n00b, I have to say you're leaving behind a wonderful legacy. The OSC itself, the community around it, and of course all the wonderful music it's generated. All the best with your family and everything, and hope to see you lurking around here from time to time with your sage advice!

photonic wrote:

Just to announce I'm quitting as admin of One-Synth-Challenge ...

All I can say is thank you very much for all your work you put into OSC. :clap:
And it is good to see that the OSC contiues, put into good hands. :tu:

All the best for your future! :hug:
I couldn't have said it any better.

All the best for you and your family from Ruedi :hug:
(gradually evolving into a rare guest around here myself)

Return to “Instruments”