What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

155 posts since 20 Sep, 2012

Postby basslinemaster; Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:31 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but can anybody tell me how to browse the presets once I've opened a bank, in FL Studio? I can load different banks, but have no idea how to go through the presets in each bank, so can only play the first one. Thanks.
KVRAF

3644 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:02 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

Any bitwig users notice that tweaking a parameter doesn't make it show up on the top parameter slot like it does with other VSTs? Bitwig problem or OBXD problem? Again, haven't seen it with other synths.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
KVRian

1215 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:14 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

basslinemaster wrote:I hope this isn't a stupid question, but can anybody tell me how to browse the presets once I've opened a bank, in FL Studio? I can load different banks, but have no idea how to go through the presets in each bank, so can only play the first one. Thanks.

Few days ago I wrote this tutorial for another forum:
It's in french, but you'll easily understand the method with all the screenshots I made to explain (and Google Translation is very useful to translate some parts where I made quite long texts).

If really enough people (you're the second within the past week) ask for a translation of this document in english, no problem... I'll do.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
KVRist

143 posts since 16 Mar, 2014, from Berlin

Postby Maomoondog; Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:19 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

<Snip>
Posted in the wrong place.
Things I did.
Forever Young / Afternoons In Utopia / The Breathtaking Blue / Prostitute / Salvation / Dreamscapes.
Things never released.
The 12 Inch Singles 84-98 / The B Sides 84 - 98 / You Know The Words (The Singles 84 - 98)
KVRAF

7623 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Sat May 10, 2014 8:25 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

OBXd gets a half page review in latest Beat Magazine (May 2014). Not bad for a freeware product :)

Unfortunately their conclusion is that it doesn't quite manage to emulate the sound of the original (zwar erreicht er nicht die klangtiefe des originals), and only give it 4 out of 6.
Racing the clouds home
KVRAF

1552 posts since 13 Oct, 2002

Postby Breeze; Sat May 10, 2014 8:49 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Numanoid wrote:OBXd gets a half page review in latest Beat Magazine (May 2014). Not bad for a freeware product :)

Unfortunately their conclusion is that it doesn't quite manage to emulate the sound of the original (zwar erreicht er nicht die klangtiefe des originals), and only give it 4 out of 6.

Do they mention that the author didn't have access to the original? IMO it's remarkable for that fact alone and despite this is still capable of a remarkable variety of great textures.

I'm still hoping someone with some programming chops will add the missing bits that would significantly enhance its capabilities as discussed ad nauseum in this thread. :shrug:
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Sat May 10, 2014 8:54 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Breeze wrote:Do they mention that the author didn't have access to the original?

Unfortunately my german is too bad, I can't tell :oops:

But to get half a page in a trade journal is the main thing here IMO. It probably would cost €1000+ to get an ad that size in colour
Racing the clouds home
KVRAF

Postby Breeze; Sat May 10, 2014 9:08 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Numanoid wrote:[But to get half a page in a trade journal is the main thing here IMO. It probably would cost €1000+ to get an ad that size in colour

Very true, and IMO well deserved. :D
KVRAF

2866 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Sat May 10, 2014 9:23 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

I would not worry too much, the reviewer probably did not have an Oberheim sitting next to his computer, either. Either they have never heard one anyway, or they did some time ago and did the comparison based on memories.
fmr
KVRAF

2767 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Sun May 11, 2014 6:34 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Numanoid wrote:OBXd gets a half page review in latest Beat Magazine (May 2014). Not bad for a freeware product :)

Considering that Ob-XD isn't emulating any model in particular, and that there is no Obie that fits all the particularities of this digital version, that's not bad that it was even found to deserve comparing :hihi:

I just would like to know which original the author had in mind when he stated that.
Fernando (FMR)
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Sun May 11, 2014 6:38 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

fmr wrote:Considering that Ob-XD isn't emulating any model in particular, and that there is no Obie that fits all the particularities of this digital version, that's not bad that it was even found to deserve comparing :hihi:

By calling a synth vst OB-X(d) it logically follows that users will link it with Oberheim, no? The OP when starting out seemed like the main target was to make something sounding better than Sonic Projects OP-X

It could be that the mag is refering to "the original" as OP-X, I can't really say.
Racing the clouds home
KVRist

95 posts since 17 Dec, 2013, from The Netherlands

Postby ThePresent; Sun May 11, 2014 7:09 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Whatever the OBXD is or isn't emulating, I had a great time using it for the OSC and I'm still playing with it. :)
Fabulous softsynth, will use it regularly from now on. Again, thnx 2Dat.
KVRer

12 posts since 28 Dec, 2010

Postby karol; Sat May 31, 2014 5:08 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Hi. On Renoise 3, Obxd Window is cut off on the right side. Renoise bug or Obxd bug?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KVRAF

Postby Breeze; Sat May 31, 2014 5:14 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

I've used OBXD with all my hosts on both Mac and PC and I haven't seen any such thing. My bet is on a Renoise bug.
KVRer

12 posts since 28 Dec, 2010

Postby karol; Sat May 31, 2014 5:19 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Can anyone reproduce this behavior on Renoise 3? I use x64 version - both plugin an DAW.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments