What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

free rewire capable audio recorder

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

51 posts since 19 Feb, 2014

Postby swegguar; Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:00 am free rewire capable audio recorder

hi got fl studio fruity edition and thought. why not get a free rewire capable multitrack audio recorder, so i can record audio, too. So i'd like some advice because i'm not finding that in the internet. TYVM.
KVRian

810 posts since 25 Aug, 2009

Postby KrisM; Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:55 am Re: free rewire capable audio recorder

Propellerhead does not allow ReWire in open source software, and I imagine that most free audio recorders are open source. Audacity, for example, has stated they will never have ReWire because of this, to try and keep users from requesting a feature they can't give them.
Meh.
KVRist

Postby swegguar; Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:43 am Re: free rewire capable audio recorder

so, do you think of any workaround§ Any§
KVRist

125 posts since 20 Dec, 2008

Postby dformd; Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:10 pm Re: free rewire capable audio recorder

maybe negotiate a cheaper price for Renoise via this Market Place post:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=409711&p=5724090&hilit=renoise#p5724090
KVRist

Postby swegguar; Sun May 11, 2014 5:36 am Re: free rewire capable audio recorder

I wonder why isn't there an open source alternative to rewire to work around sequencers, trackers and multitrack recorders that are open source, since the coding would be way simpler than with commercial software due to all the stuff open surce programmers do.
Beware the Quoth

21101 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Sun May 11, 2014 6:11 am Re: free rewire capable audio recorder

swegguar wrote:I wonder why isn't there an open source alternative to rewire to work around sequencers, trackers and multitrack recorders that are open source, since the coding would be way simpler than with commercial software due to all the stuff open surce programmers do.

there already is. its called JACK.

http://jackaudio.org/
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
KVRist

Postby swegguar; Sun May 11, 2014 7:28 am Re: free rewire capable audio recorder

i see, where can i find a list of software that supports JACK. i can seem to get around the internet anymore, but as the song says, BETTER I'M DUMB.
KVRist

69 posts since 8 Aug, 2012

Postby joeinternet327; Sun May 11, 2014 8:34 am Re: free rewire capable audio recorder

JACK just routes audio into a host... it doesn't give you midi sync, and for the trouble it is, you would be better off exporting stems from FL and importing them into whatever.

You can find Ableton Live Lite for ~ $20, Live Intro for ~ $50, Renoise for ~ $40, and Reaper is $60, and all will be more productive than JACK.
All DAWs sound alike... except when they don't.
KVRist

Postby swegguar; Sun May 11, 2014 8:40 am Re: free rewire capable audio recorder

see then there ISN'T an open source rewire.
Beware the Quoth

21101 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Sun May 11, 2014 8:53 am Re: free rewire capable audio recorder

joeinternet327 wrote:JACK just routes audio into a host...

The JACK website wrote:JACK is system for handling real-time, low latency audio (and MIDI)
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)