free rewire capable audio recorder

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi got fl studio fruity edition and thought. why not get a free rewire capable multitrack audio recorder, so i can record audio, too. So i'd like some advice because i'm not finding that in the internet. TYVM.

Propellerhead does not allow ReWire in open source software, and I imagine that most free audio recorders are open source. Audacity, for example, has stated they will never have ReWire because of this, to try and keep users from requesting a feature they can't give them.
Meh.

so, do you think of any workaround§ Any§

maybe negotiate a cheaper price for Renoise via this Market Place post:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... e#p5724090

I wonder why isn't there an open source alternative to rewire to work around sequencers, trackers and multitrack recorders that are open source, since the coding would be way simpler than with commercial software due to all the stuff open surce programmers do.

swegguar wrote:I wonder why isn't there an open source alternative to rewire to work around sequencers, trackers and multitrack recorders that are open source, since the coding would be way simpler than with commercial software due to all the stuff open surce programmers do.
there already is. its called JACK.

http://jackaudio.org/
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

i see, where can i find a list of software that supports JACK. i can seem to get around the internet anymore, but as the song says, BETTER I'M DUMB.

JACK just routes audio into a host... it doesn't give you midi sync, and for the trouble it is, you would be better off exporting stems from FL and importing them into whatever.

You can find Ableton Live Lite for ~ $20, Live Intro for ~ $50, Renoise for ~ $40, and Reaper is $60, and all will be more productive than JACK.
All DAWs sound alike... except when they don't.

see then there ISN'T an open source rewire.

joeinternet327 wrote:JACK just routes audio into a host...
The JACK website wrote:JACK is system for handling real-time, low latency audio (and MIDI)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”