Aziz Ansari: Is It A Banger? (Original Mix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is my first "Melbourne Bounce" track.

https://soundcloud.com/paulloebmusic/az ... t-a-banger

Producers and Labels - Send your Digital Promos with DropTrack

I don't know where the clips are from but it's a fun track. Good job.

Frantz wrote:I don't know where the clips are from but it's a fun track. Good job.
They're from an episode of Parks and Recreation, thanks!

EDIT AGAIN:
god, man, ignore me, I'm just an idiot.

AS FOR AN ACTUALLY RESPONSE TO THE MUSIC:
yeah, sounds alright I guess. Interesting use of the samples. kind of samey with an endless barrage of your kick. Lay off, okay? The writing is boring and simple, but I guess that's the genre. Also your highs at 1:54 made my ears bleed; ever heard of a high shelf? Ever heard of a low pass? No? Well why don't you go use one, plsnthnx
2:39: Aweful. I get it's trying to be a response to the "acoustic instruments" call in the sample, but this is just terrible.

So;
Glad to see you're a cookie cutter computer musician that is treading the same old water as the 200 billion other computer musicians out there.
But, at least it IS a pretty fun song when you can get past the endless barrage of your kick with little variation in the music (due to bass & kick combo), terrible, boring writing, excessively high trebles.
Last edited by ntom on Sun May 11, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't like it, everything is all on one note, just plodding out. There's too much "this is the note I must play"... The rhythm lacks the infectiousness needed in all forms of house music. It sounds to me like your heart isn't in it, like you're writing what you think the average person wants to hear. That is an honest to god fast track to mediocrity. It might get you a lot of views because that style of music is trending, but it won't get you a reputation as an artist.

If you haven't been producing/playing/composing very long, it's a good effort, though. Keep at it and search for your unique voice. And take all feedback with a pinch of salt ;)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Thanks for the feedback man. I definitely get where you're coming from with the endless barrage of the kick and simple/boring writing. I was really trying to make a track in this particular style, and from what I've heard of other Melbourne House-style tracks, they seem to fit this mold. I definitely agree it could be more creative; this was a 2-day project. Sorry for making your ears bleed at 1:54! What type of speakers/headphones are you listening on? Most feedback about the actual mixing has been positive, so I'd like to troubleshoot your concern! PS there are plenty of high shelf/low pass EQs on the track :)
Thanks again
-Paul
ntom wrote:EDIT AGAIN:
god, man, ignore me, I'm just an idiot.

AS FOR AN ACTUALLY RESPONSE TO THE MUSIC:
yeah, sounds alright I guess. Interesting use of the samples. kind of samey with an endless barrage of your kick. Lay off, okay? The writing is boring and simple, but I guess that's the genre. Also your highs at 1:54 made my ears bleed; ever heard of a high shelf? Ever heard of a low pass? No? Well why don't you go use one, plsnthnx
2:39: Aweful. I get it's trying to be a response to the "acoustic instruments" call in the sample, but this is just terrible.

So;
Glad to see you're a cookie cutter computer musician that is treading the same old water as the 200 billion other computer musicians out there.
But, at least it IS a pretty fun song when you can get past the endless barrage of your kick with little variation in the music (due to bass & kick combo), terrible, boring writing, excessively high trebles.

Thanks Sendy. I definitely agree with the "one note" problem, but as I also mentioned to ntom, I think this is a symptom of the genre in general. As far as the fast track to mediocrity, I'll respond with this: You're right. This track was made with the point of attracting attention (views). People are more likely to click on a funny name they recognize versus an unknown track by an unknown producer. Any suggestions you might have to get more people to listen to my original tunes, I'm all ears :)
-Paul

Sendy wrote:I don't like it, everything is all on one note, just plodding out. There's too much "this is the note I must play"... The rhythm lacks the infectiousness needed in all forms of house music. It sounds to me like your heart isn't in it, like you're writing what you think the average person wants to hear. That is an honest to god fast track to mediocrity. It might get you a lot of views because that style of music is trending, but it won't get you a reputation as an artist.

If you haven't been producing/playing/composing very long, it's a good effort, though. Keep at it and search for your unique voice. And take all feedback with a pinch of salt ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”