What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Nokenoku
KVRAF

1662 posts since 10 Feb, 2008, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Nokenoku; Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:34 pm Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

camsr wrote:If you want something to try besides IR convolution,
QuikQuak's RaySpace
You draw the layout of a room and it does a raytrace, allows for interesting geometry that may not exist in your IR collection.
But if it sounds natural or not is debatable.
Alternatively use Voxengo Impulse Modeler.

The GUI is not the best, but you actually can get some very good IRs rendered out of it.
And you can also make your own IR-sets of rooms allowing "real" placement (which actually is a very big deal).
sqigls
KVRian

1364 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:58 pm Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

EAReverb is a very natural sounding verb, not just in my opinion.
http://www.eareckon.com/index.php
camsr
KVRAF

4468 posts since 16 Feb, 2005

Postby camsr; Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:54 pm Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

Nokenoku wrote:
camsr wrote:If you want something to try besides IR convolution,
QuikQuak's RaySpace
You draw the layout of a room and it does a raytrace, allows for interesting geometry that may not exist in your IR collection.
But if it sounds natural or not is debatable.
Alternatively use Voxengo Impulse Modeler.

The GUI is not the best, but you actually can get some very good IRs rendered out of it.
And you can also make your own IR-sets of rooms allowing "real" placement (which actually is a very big deal).

Forgot that one, it's on par or better than RaySpace in sound, but doesn't run as a VST. I find RaySpace more comfotable to work with for the ability to preview the sound and make changes as needed.
Delfinoverde
Banned

Postby Delfinoverde; Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:14 pm Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

2CAudio Aether + Breeze are sounding good, also MOTU ProVerb.
http://www.motu.com/products/software/mwc/proverb.html
You also could test MeldaProduction's reverbs, they're not sounding bad @ all! 8)
samsam
KVRian

1305 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Postby samsam; Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:12 pm Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

sqigls wrote:EAReverb is a very natural sounding verb, not just in my opinion.

Yep.
Ah_Dziz
KVRian

1138 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Postby Ah_Dziz; Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:34 pm Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

I use a combination of altiverb and VRoom for all my natural reverb needs. I rarely need to grab anything else.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.
Brother Charles
KVRian

707 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:33 pm Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

sqigls wrote:EAReverb is a very natural sounding verb, not just in my opinion.
AGREED! +1

Valhalla Room is also really, really good. I rumaged up a decent review of it some time ago. Link is here if anyone is interested. . .
ValhallaDSP ValhallaRoom Review - Lex-i-who?
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
kvaca
KVRian

772 posts since 30 Oct, 2005

Postby kvaca; Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:43 pm Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

dickiefunk wrote:Thanks for the replies so far. I have used SIR before and think it sounds good with some great IR's. I also own Reverberate and Cubase's Reverence. Whilst these can sound very good indeed with high quality IR's I personally prefer Valhalla Room.

now is evident that you generally prefer algo reverb over IRs...the question for me is why you search for most natural real reverb :shrug:
btw - the only reverb which can sound even more natural than good pair of IRs is reverb recorded with great pair of expensive distant mics...in great sounding room :wink:
tetsuneko
KVRist

493 posts since 20 Apr, 2004, from hki-fi

Postby tetsuneko; Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:04 pm Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

+1 for UAD Ocean Way
DJ Warmonger
KVRist

389 posts since 7 Jun, 2012, from Warsaw

Postby DJ Warmonger; Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:07 pm Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

Outdoorverb does it for me. There are not many plugins around that allow to simulate outdoor ambience, just interiors.
The effect is subtle, but just feels right and natural.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)
jancivil
KVRAF

9370 posts since 20 Oct, 2007

Postby jancivil; Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:41 am Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

VSL MIR Pro
VSL Hybrid Reverb
PFozz
KVRist

277 posts since 30 Apr, 2004, from France

Postby PFozz; Sun May 11, 2014 11:10 pm Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

Many thanks Brother Charles, Sqigls and Samsam for mentionning EAReverb ;-)

[...]small instrumental ensembles.

You may be insterested by this demo (produced by Beat Kaufmann).
While a small global reverb processes the master bus, 3 instances of EAReverb are used to place the solo trumpet to 3 different locations.
This sequence has been thought to demo Beat's statement: "EAReverb can produce nice depths without a lot of reverb".

http://soundcloud.com/eareckon/sonata-i ... i-eareverb

Regarding vocals, there is an interesting thread about the subject:
Tips for Getting Smooth Vocals in the Box
fese
KVRist

433 posts since 14 Sep, 2004, from $HOME

Postby fese; Mon May 12, 2014 10:39 am Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

I still haven't decided whether to buy Eareverb SE (good bargain, easy to use, good sound but maybe a tad boring ) or VRoom (good bargain, good sound, not so easy to use, but somewhat more exciting).
Maybe I want both.
Brother Charles
KVRian

707 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Mon May 12, 2014 3:46 pm Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

They are both very affordable so maybe . . . . Maybe buy one now, and another out of next pay-cheque. Also, as much as I like EAReverb & VRoom, have you listened to the demos of Acon Digital's "Verberate"? Man . . . it is Re-re-reALLLy good as well. :hyper:

fese wrote:I still haven't decided whether to buy Eareverb SE (good bargain, easy to use, good sound but maybe a tad boring ) or VRoom (good bargain, good sound, not so easy to use, but somewhat more exciting).
Maybe I want both.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
Kaboom75
KVRian

1315 posts since 4 Sep, 2011, from England

Postby Kaboom75; Tue May 13, 2014 6:05 am Re: Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

For reverb alogos Valhalla Room and Phoenix Verb are the most natural to me.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects