Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

full fledged keyboard workstation with vst support§

Anything about hardware musical instruments.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

swegguar
KVRist

51 posts since 19 Feb, 2014

Postby swegguar; Sun May 11, 2014 5:05 am Re: full fledged keyboard workstation with vst support§

rod_zero wrote:there isnt a workstation that hosts vst's.

That neko stuff is a small pc with a keyboard.

well a small pc with a keyboard IS a wokstation, just I didn't like too much the design, and the other one that shows with an MPC lacks any hardware controllers, and is expensive.
rod_zero
KVRian

1138 posts since 28 Jan, 2011, from MEXICO

Postby rod_zero; Sun May 11, 2014 9:09 am Re: full fledged keyboard workstation with vst support§

Other option:

1.- Get a MIDI controller
2.-Get a windows tablet
3.- Add a soundcard

That's it!
dedication to flying
Dazed Veins
Banned

Postby Dazed Veins; Tue May 13, 2014 3:11 am Re: full fledged keyboard workstation with vst support§

StudioBLADE 61 Gen 3 keyboard i7 (.....) workstation production station Mac OS X.
$4449 (musiccomputing). Compare this baby to, let's say a Casio XW-P1, which is about $540 at my local dealer (€399). The Casio is not really a workstation, but it has plenty of features.
rod_zero
KVRian

1138 posts since 28 Jan, 2011, from MEXICO

Postby rod_zero; Tue May 13, 2014 6:06 am Re: full fledged keyboard workstation with vst support§

Good midi controller (or old synth) : $400
Surface Pro: $800 (it can run One instance of some demanding plug ins, more of cpu friendly ones).
Audio interface, I will pick a Babyface for form factor: $750

All under $2000
dedication to flying
Aural Chaos
KVRian

1099 posts since 31 Oct, 2002, from the high desert

Postby Aural Chaos; Tue May 13, 2014 7:20 am Re: full fledged keyboard workstation with vst support§

Dazed Veins wrote:StudioBLADE 61 Gen 3 keyboard i7 (.....) workstation production station Mac OS X.
$4449 (musiccomputing). Compare this baby to, let's say a Casio XW-P1, which is about $540 at my local dealer (€399). The Casio is not really a workstation, but it has plenty of features.

They both make a sound when you press the keys, but otherwise not very comparable.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)