Addictive Drums 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Addictive Drums 1

If you upgrade, all your ADpaks from AD1 get updated to AD2, including factory kits (which are now called Studio Pop, Studio Rock and Studio Prog). Retro ADpak was split into Retroplex, Blue Oyster and Black Oyster ADpaks.

EvilDragon wrote:If you upgrade, all your ADpaks from AD1 get updated to AD2, including factory kits (which are now called Studio Pop, Studio Rock and Studio Prog). Retro ADpak was split into Retroplex, Blue Oyster and Black Oyster ADpaks.
This is why I've been confused, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

So, essentially, there is NO NEW CONTENT at all with a standard upgrade. No new kits and no new grooves. The OLD kits have been renamed, and the kits and grooves that you already own will be converted to the new format.

I'm not sure I see a huge advantage to this upgrade other than the oft-touted "sound shaping" capabilities which, frankly, for my purposes, there are only so many different ways you can "shape" a drum sound.

I'm usually the king of GAS, but I'm just not feeling it. Can anyone sell me on this?

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

i had the same concerns like you,

i got the upgrade with one ad pack i've choosen the new one...

i overslept this morning 'cause i couldn't stop drumming last night and i'am still smiling

the ad1 contenet sounds better too, so i don't regret the update one minute

It seems like there is no Addictive Drums 2. What I mean is, if you're a new customer, you just buy one of the AdPaks, and get the engine with it, or you buy one of the bundles. There is no basic AD2 anymore, unless I'm reading it wrong, which is possible since their site isn't really clear.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

I was able to get the upgrade for free because I got a deal on AD1 in the time frame. I'm still a bfd 3 guy, but I knew I'd be interested in the new Fairfax kit (Sound City). If you are interested in Fairfax, then the 99 dollar upgrade with one adpak is a little easier to swallow.

I haven't bought Fairfax yet, but it's 66 is at Audiodeluxe and of course requires AD 2.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

I was a bit iffy on this too, have gone and bought it now as it is basically THE drum software I use so considering the amount of use I get out of it even small improvements have value.

I really like the product but tbh I do agree that for the seemingly minor improvements you get, it does seem a bit overpriced (as do the adpaks now). Maybe it's a marketing strategy, get as much as possible from the early adopters and let everyone else get it for 1/2 price when sales are on.

Having said that even though I wouldn't have paid full price for the included adpak I may have done for $30 so if you consider that the actual upgrade was about $70ish, which I guess isn't toooo tooo bad.

On another note how is that new adpak? I'm torn between vintage dry and fairfax, leaning towards vintage dry though since I don't really do 'American rock'.

Sorry if this has already been answered as well, but can the upgrade be purchased anywhere other than the XLN site? I don't see it on Audio Deluxe, JRR, Florida Music, etc.

In other words, is there any chance of a further retailer discount?

-B
Berfab

'Sonar X3 Producer offers a full version of XLN Audio Addictive Drums.' Sure...

BERFAB wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered as well, but can the upgrade be purchased anywhere other than the XLN site? I don't see it on Audio Deluxe, JRR, Florida Music, etc.

In other words, is there any chance of a further retailer discount?

-B
I think not. Upgrade seems possible only from XLN site.

bit harsh not to include any new content on the upgrade...?
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

not syncing to my flstudio.....

I was gonna install the demo but I don't like this installer.

from the FAQ - there is a "little" new material if you have Retro.

New content for free: The old Retro kits have a few more new cymbals. Sloppy Grooves, Heavy Rock and Ballad Grooves have a bunch of new beats in them.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

gmontano wrote:from the FAQ - there is a "little" new material if you have Retro.

New content for free: The old Retro kits have a few more new cymbals. Sloppy Grooves, Heavy Rock and Ballad Grooves have a bunch of new beats in them.
So do you have to already own Sloppy Grooves, Heavy Rock and Ballad Grooves to get the new beats, or are they included in the upgrade?

-B
Berfab

If you already own them, when you upgrade them they will have their new content for AD2 engine. I assume the new content won't show up in AD1.

Return to “Instruments”