Support Kitty Brucknell's album

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

debra1rlo wrote:you spelled "antichrists" wrong :hihi:
:evil: mwaahaha!
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:I care what we think. As long as we think together. In lockstep.

Pure ordered thought with no deviation. Forever and ever!

Ready? On one...two...three....THINK!
Thinking is for the weak and stupid.

I'm not quite sure which bellend conversation I should be following now...

budweiser wrote:
Hink wrote: but haters are cowards that sit behind their computers and attack others.. You're right, it's quite pathetic
Oh ? The end of the world, right ? 24111 post since 2003 ? You're probably often sitting behind yours...
yes I do, with my disability I am pretty much a recluse...is that a problem? I am proud of my reputation here at KvR, I dont hide behind my computer to attack anyone. So what exactly is your point?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

No point, no criticism, no attack, no offence (you name it)
I just disliked you priggish post, that's all.
Sorry to hear about you disability, by the way.

PascalVB wrote:I don't see what's wrong with Hink's comment, apart from not being a direct response to someone.
I don't know him, so maybe there is a history between both of you that I don't know about. Maybe he has a history I don't know about.

What he says is generally correct though, because the level of hate/meanness in this thread is quite high. And hating is really in fashion nowadays, it so easy with the anonymity of the internet.

If someone posts on a forum like this, then yes, criticism is to be expected. And that's not a bad thing. But just plain meanness should not be part of such a community.
Thank you :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I had a quick look at her website, there are a lot of stuff there for sale! I haven't heard your music, Kitty, so I can't offer anything worthwhile. I would listen but my connection is really slow.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

PascalVB wrote:Maybe he has a history I don't know about.
Most certainly, we all do.

I don't really think discussions in forum is a substitute for knowing somebody in real life ;)

RunBeerRun wrote:I had a quick look at her website, there are a lot of stuff there for sale! I haven't heard your music, Kitty, so I can't offer anything worthwhile. I would listen but my connection is really slow.
Maybe she could have a feature in KVR's Industry Focus & Interviews ?

No wait, now I'm stupid, there will be a female president in the USA before such a thing should happens :P

She might not have the best voice in the UK but she has a strong will ("I'm working my a** off, I'll make it...") and that's what I like.

I like girls and women who know what they want and who have dreams & goals - not only making some kids and hoping that the days go by...

That might be seen as "arrogant" but it pays off on the long run...

And she doesn't look that old, so she still has many years to learn better singing.

But I don't think that going to the United States will help her to get success. She will be lost in the pool of mediocrity. Too many millions of women want to get famous in the United States, many of them are only cleaning tables & serving meals in LA. London is a better place, IMO. Dido and Sophie Ellis-Baxtor could get successful in the UK, so Kitty could, too, given she's improving her vocal qualities.

Creativity is the solution for success (i. e. making more creative music instead of boring mainstream pop), not emigration...the ocean is big enough to get lost!

I've just read the whole thread from start to finish. I never watch X-Factor, never heard of Kitty Brucknell and most likely have never heard her.
I've learnt nothing new here nor do I feel that I'm missing anything by not listening to her.

There is no right or wrong, there's no argument to be won or lost here.
I just don't care.

bob bobwood wrote: I just don't care.
Lol. What a good summary :hihi:

Numanoid wrote:

I don't really think discussions in forum is a substitute for knowing somebody in real life ;)
I thought it was quite obvious it implied a history related to KVR :wink:

I don't know for sure but I think these threads which suggest "artist X deserves your support" always go a bit awry because there are literally SO MANY talented, hardworking artists out there who need a break. It instantly suggests that, yes, you may know starving artists who deserve a break, but THIS one is somehow special or different. That's not an easy thing to live up to.

We also, as artistic people who want a more artisticly diverse world, resent manufactured and overly profit-motivated music as both a destroyer of the ecosystem of music, and a plaything and moneyspinner for rich families and their chums. Going on X-factor and singing that style of music with that style of presentation is going to have people make that connection, rightly or wrongly.

Put the two issues together and you have a recipe for resentment.

And no, I make no bones about the analagy between pop music and deforestation - they're both an industrial level mining of resources for the benefit of the few that reduce diversity in the world.

I'm not saying Kitty is guilty of any of these things - we don't know her. That's why she has the right to give her side of things if she chooses - to correct associations she may resent us making.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

PascalVB wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

I thought it was quite obvious it implied a history related to KVR :wink:
Like I said, I am quite proud of my years here at KvR...I think I have a good rep, I have many, many good friends here who I never would have known (many of the members who have left are friends on FB as well, all are invited to hit my FB link), never been banned, never even been warned, I try not to step on toes but I'm not perfect but imo there is no bad history for me. Sure it goes without saying when you are at a forum like this and have been around as long as I have there will be some people who have issues with me but just like irl that's the way it goes. If I err you can be sure I will own up to it, apologize in public and also follow up that apology with a personal private message as well, typically speaking I try to avoid bad will. However with all kinds of people here, from all different places and different walks of life sometimes there is misunderstandings that lead to bad will.

Like I said, if anyone has a problem with me that they think warrants such action please by all means grab a mod and request that I am banned, if I deserve it I deserve it :shrug:

With that said I think many here would agree that I do a pretty good job of taking breaks from KvR when I feel I need it...:)

(the following is not directed at PascalV8 ) I hope this is the end of my needing to defend my feelings about hate and haters, I have not called anyone out nor pointed fingers at any particular person and I have the absolute right to state my opinion and I have done so respectfully...I would appreciate the same respect in return ;)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”