What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Any ideas how to synthesise this waveform?

DSP, Plug-in and Host development discussion.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

itoa
KVRist

248 posts since 3 Sep, 2009, from Poland

Postby itoa; Tue May 13, 2014 11:07 am Any ideas how to synthesise this waveform?

I want to synthesise a band limited wave of this form [attached image]. As you see each transition begin is sharp and then it gets smoother. I don't want to use wavetables. I've been trying to transform a minblep square to this form using time-varying lpf, no success so far. I am aware of HPF (DC blocker) used here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
giq
antto
KVRAF

2287 posts since 4 Sep, 2006, from 127.0.0.1

Postby antto; Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 am Re: Any ideas how to synthesise this waveform?

did you try a plain square/pulse thru a 1st order HPF?
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.freenode.net >>> #kvr
itoa
KVRist

Postby itoa; Tue May 13, 2014 11:44 am Re: Any ideas how to synthesise this waveform?

No, because it's a wrong direction :). I mean rounded corners, not decaying slopes caused by HPF (DC blocker).
Last edited by itoa on Tue May 13, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
giq
itoa
KVRist

Postby itoa; Tue May 13, 2014 11:52 am Re: Any ideas how to synthesise this waveform?

I know I can combine sharp blep transitions with curved segments.. I hope there is a more straightforward solution (maybe modelled after analogue oscillators?).
giq
antto
KVRAF

2287 posts since 4 Sep, 2006, from 127.0.0.1

Postby antto; Tue May 13, 2014 1:16 pm Re: Any ideas how to synthesise this waveform?

do you know how this waveform looks like at a wide range of frequencies?
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.freenode.net >>> #kvr
itoa
KVRist

Postby itoa; Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 pm Re: Any ideas how to synthesise this waveform?

Mainly the same.. except effect of DC blocker

The point is "sharp-smooth" transition.
giq
AndreasD
KVRian

524 posts since 2 Mar, 2009

Postby AndreasD; Wed May 14, 2014 2:23 pm Re: Any ideas how to synthesise this waveform?

I get this from a square with a HP and a high shelve dip.
If it helps..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
itoa
KVRist

Postby itoa; Thu May 15, 2014 12:10 am Re: Any ideas how to synthesise this waveform?

Thanks, I got close with tilt-shift filter as well.
giq

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development