Beyond The Wintered Sky - Progressive Rock Circa 2014

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... esynthpads

Yes I must admit, I like progressive music.

Some think its dead, no, it just smells funny.

It can be jazz, rock, pop, experimental, if its progressive then my interest is present.

Unlike much of my stuff, this has lots of guitars including lap steel and nylon string.
Also some very unique soul vocals that stand out with some unusual force thanks to the singer.

Feel free to give feedback of you like.

Great sounds. The vox are great, but I really liked the guitar and bass sounds on here. Some of those long doubled guitar notes after 4:00 were really dreamy. Nice mix and the pads really fill out the sound nicely. The drums sound just right too. Floyd elements, maybe Ozrics too. Nice composition.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:Great sounds. The vox are great, but I really liked the guitar and bass sounds on here. Some of those long doubled guitar notes after 4:00 were really dreamy. Nice mix and the pads really fill out the sound nicely. The drums sound just right too. Floyd elements, maybe Ozrics too. Nice composition.

Good work :)
Thanks, I appreciate the positive feedback.
Oddly enough, I have noticed this project getting airplay with Ozric Tentacles.
Perhaps a similar audience.

Check out the title track from their "Become the Other" album, or maybe "Plurnstyle", also from that album.

Guitars are amazing in this track. All other sounds goes well too.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

I just told my millions^H^H^H dozens of tweeps about it. Really like the arrangment and choice of guitar textures.

PatchAdamz wrote:https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... esynthpads

It can be jazz, rock, pop, experimental, if its progressive then my interest is present.

Unlike much of my stuff, this has lots of guitars including lap steel and nylon string.
Also some very unique soul vocals that stand out with some unusual force thanks to the singer.

I really like this. The mix and choice of sounds is really good, and it sets a nice mood.

No, Prog ain't dead, it just isn't on mainstream radio much. When I'm out working in my yard in a little bit, my mp3 player will be shuffling through many gigabytes of Prog. I think Prog is the pinnacle of Western music.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

This song has a great dreamy vibe. I have to agree with others here that the lead guitar work is really nice. The lead lines were really engaging. Nice one.

seismic1 wrote:Check out the title track from their "Become the Other" album, or maybe "Plurnstyle", also from that album.
Just listened to "Become the Other" on Zune.
Nice tune.. :)

satYatunes wrote:Guitars are amazing in this track. All other sounds goes well too.
Thank you satYatunes!

Its great to get some positive feedback, keeps the wheels of inspiration going!
:)

Some cool guitar work, subtle but intertwined, enjoyable.

The vocals give it a unique sound, maybe a little Floydish but different.

Like to hear more of this style. 8)
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

production clearly reminds me of the dark side of the moon (singer vocalise, slow drum part and chorused, arpegiatted guitars, etc..)

nice mood...

The production....woah. It's so chillout, the drums especially.
could fit a movie or something like that.

toddhisattva wrote:I just told my millions^H^H^H dozens of tweeps about it. Really like the arrangment and choice of guitar textures.
THANKS for the MILLIONS! :D :tu:

And I am glad you like the tune, I appreciate the feedback. :)

DocAtlas wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... esynthpads

I really like this. The mix and choice of sounds is really good, and it sets a nice mood.

No, Prog ain't dead, it just isn't on mainstream radio much. When I'm out working in my yard in a little bit, my mp3 player will be shuffling through many gigabytes of Prog. I think Prog is the pinnacle of Western music.
No, Prog isn't on any radio much although it seems there are always new bands appearing.
Bands like Yes, Crimson, Floyd will always be discovered by new listeners.

Corporate rock, pop seems here to stay in the mainstream now more then ever.

Oh well...

Return to “Music Cafe”