Imitone -- wow! Most embarassing post I ever started

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not fitting in words well.
The guy plays a Kontakt cello in realtime with vibrato and swells and stuff with his voice.
But this is like watching only the subtitles for a movie.
For everything else, you need the bandwidth I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Tricky-Loops wrote:Maybe you could explain it in words, please? :help:
The guy uses a live voice-to-MIDI app to generate MIDI from his voice, live. :shrug:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
The guy uses a live voice-to-MIDI app to generate MIDI from his voice, live. :shrug:
I was just wondering how it's possible to make pad & string sounds with it as it's impossible to sing like a violin & convert it to MIDI chords... :wink:

Tricky-Loops wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
I was just wondering how it's possible to make pad & string sounds with it as it's impossible to sing like a violin & convert it to MIDI chords... :wink:
For varying values of 'impossible'. The output from something translating a monophonic source, like voice, into MIDI is pretty much always going to be monophonic, but that doesnt stop it from being used to drive a violin patch on a synth or sampler. Or a pad.

Oh, and since most stringed instruments of that family have a curved bridge, its not quite polyphonic the way a guitar is; the number of strings bowed at once isnt 4; seemingly on a violin, its quite difficult to manage 3. On a cello, which is what the example uses, I'd presume its harder still to exceed 2; the strings are thcker and the curve more pronounced. I'd imagine controlling one string is probably sufficient for a decent level of playability.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

S1 isn't seeing it as a CoreMIDI device.

Krakatau wrote:just pre-ordered...i just completely forgot this one !!!!
no receipt since that date ?

:?

...wait patiently until the 25th, i assume

Theoretically one can only hit one note at a time, so whatever one plays via that plugin is basically a monophonic sound as well. But I suppose one could send the signal through a harmonizer or WOK's Superfake thingy to make the result sound fatter or even polyphonic, though probably only at fixed intervals like a 5th.

Still waiting to get a beta, I've sent 2 emails now ... no reply :-?

don1thedon wrote:Still waiting to get a beta, I've sent 2 emails now ... no reply :-?
Maybe there is on Internet access on the tropical island he moved to with your money :D

Hmm you may have a point :dog:

I got the Beta email on 5/11, including the activation key. Haven't had a chance to install and play with it yet.

Here's the download link, if y'all don't have it. For those who missed out on the Kickstarter, you can buy a key for $25. :)

http://imitone.com/beta/

EDIT: Oops. I just went upthread a page or so and see that you've done your homework already. Hoping he gets back with you soon, don1thedon.

No worries GL thanks for taking the time to post.

Hello! Evan Balster here -- the imitone developer. Just popping in, and I'm rather embarrassed to say I haven't read the entire thread yet.

Anyone who pre-ordered the program prior to the afternoon of May 11 should have received an automated E-mail containing a key and a link to the beta download. It's done through a mass-mailing service, and might be flagged as spam or a promotion as a result. Several people reported losing their keys due to clearing their spam boxes.

If you haven't gotten anything, shoot me an E-mail: "evan" at the project's website imitone.com.

The beta has a lot of bugs, haha. It also still needs a lot more improvement in order to work with a wide variety of voice types and instrument sounds. I should have kept calling it an alpha, honestly. Getting it presentable enough to ship out to thousands of users was exhausting and I made the poor decision of visiting some family in the country afterward. Because I was off the grid, I got a few days behind in communication. I'm catching up currently, hence my hurry.

The biggest issues right now are two show-stopper bugs that prevent the program from running at all on certain machines. The program additionally struggles with gritty and nasal voices, "oh" and "ooh" sounds and harmonically rich instruments. It also has higher "initial attument delay" than I'd like, resulting in poor performance with quick staccato melodies. I'll be focusing on analysis improvements as soon as I can overcome the showstoppers.

This seems like a technical crowd. If anyone here finds the analysis working poorly for them, I'd love a sample. Capture me a bit of audio from within the program by holding the "C" key while controlling it, and send me an E-mail at the above address with the below file attached:
On Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\interactopia\imitone beta X.Y.Z\capture.wav
On Mac: [right click imitone app, explore package]/Contents/Resources/capture.wav

Back to answering E-mails! Hopefully I can get some actual development in today...

Good to see you here Evan, you will get good feedback from users here.
You have mail ... & good luck with the project.
Don

Very freakin' cool :)
[Insert Signature Here]

Return to “Instruments”