What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What has pissed you off today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

SODDI
KVRAF

2729 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Sun May 11, 2014 2:16 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Tiger bombs AIYEE!!
RunBeerRun
KVRAF

7704 posts since 2 Aug, 2005, from Guitar Land, USA

Postby RunBeerRun; Sun May 11, 2014 2:39 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

It's hard to sleep when your stomach is on fire, I should quit caffeine but it helps me to get exercise. I have sleeping pills though, but haven't slept easily since I was a kid.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/RunBeerRun5 -Youtube jams
https://twitter.com/RunBeerRun5 -Twitter rants
Hink
Rad Grandad

24988 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Sun May 11, 2014 3:02 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

RunBeerRun wrote:It's hard to sleep when your stomach is on fire, I should quit caffeine but it helps me to get exercise. I have sleeping pills though, but haven't slept easily since I was a kid.

I know how you feel, I have always had sleep issues as well. I never drank coffee but I use to drink about 12 12oz cans of pepsi a day, in 2010 I quit caffeine. It was not easy, if I went too long without it I would get horrible headaches but I slowly weened myself off of caffeine. I'm not going to tell you it really helped my sleep issues much but I feel much healthier and of course getting rid of all those calories was really helpful. (I just cannot acquire a taste for diet soda with the exception of diet ginger ale which does not have that after taste)

I dont know if you recall it, but I think you were part of the conversation when I made a white noise cd to sleep to. This was about 3 years ago, let me tell you...that helped my sleep and my wife's big time. All I did was record a fan (we were use to sleeping with this fan on during the summer but in the winter we missed it), did some layering of the track and added my host's white noise generator (but that was softer)...I also had the speed vary very slightly over the course of an hour. I put the cd player on repeat track of course. Even my wife who was skeptical wont go to sleep without putting on the white noise. I use to sleep to music all the time but my wife doesn't like to sleep to music, however she is very happy with the white noise.

I think after a while it helps to induce sleep on it's own or maybe not, maybe I just think it does but the fact is that simple cd was one of the best things I ever did for my sleep. It's great when you're not sleeping alone, snoring is not an issue. On a Saturday they are outside cutting grass and such but I dont wake up anymore...give it a try, it doesn't take long to make...I think I recorded the fan for about a minute and then looped it.

:)
a new musical piece that is not a song because it has no vocals LBS
an-electric-heart
KVRian

1268 posts since 13 Jun, 2008, from Napier,New Zealand

Postby an-electric-heart; Sun May 11, 2014 3:28 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

My unemployed neighbors piss me off everyday.
RunBeerRun
KVRAF

Postby RunBeerRun; Sun May 11, 2014 4:14 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

I do sleep with an actual fan on for background noise, well sometimes. I have slept better when taking no caffeine, before, so I'd like to test that some more.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
SODDI
KVRAF

2729 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Sun May 11, 2014 5:43 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

whyterabbyt wrote:it comes and goes, so mostly its okay, just prone to being weak or stiff. but this weekend its definitely playing up somewhat.

so cheers.

I'm coming off a bout of bad back - a traveller, started in my left shoulder, went down the left side, back up to my shoulder, then finally vanished after settling in my left neck for 3 or four days.

I cannot regularly take NSAIDs because of med interaction, but I went off my regular meds just so I could take naproxyn sodium for a couple of nights. It is the only OTC that works on muscle pain for me. Dunno why.

I also had some relief from cold packs during the day and a heating pad at night for like 20 minutes.

Allegedly, magnesium supplements can help prevent nerve/muscle pain.
Hink
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Sun May 11, 2014 6:13 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

RunBeerRun wrote:I do sleep with an actual fan on for background noise, well sometimes. I have slept better when taking no caffeine, before, so I'd like to test that some more.

I forgot you were in the SW and you have a lot more fan season than we do...whatever works is what I say. I'm sure cutting caffeine will help, I mean I think it should have for me but it didn't seem to. But then my sleep schedule is also a bit whack 10 months a year and I really never have been one to sleep more than six hours a night total on a regular basis anyhow. :shrug:
RunBeerRun
KVRAF

Postby RunBeerRun; Mon May 12, 2014 7:08 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Well the caffeine fast didn't work, I need to go to the bathroom more and it's not happening, so it's still good for health reasons.

I'm used to not sleeping well, but at least I will be high for an hour here.
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8683 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Mon May 12, 2014 7:22 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

My braked-down 32 kbps internet connection is driving me insane - it's impossible to watch videos, download something or even listen to (hi-quality) mp3 songs...

All I can do is to wait nearly a minute for every website, read some articles & listen to 32 kb internet radio till my ears are exploding.

And this the whole rest of May, then the 4-GB-flatrate starts again, and when I've downloaded a few samples & plugins, the 4 GB are exceeded within a week and then I have to survive with the 32 kb braked-down connection again the whole rest of June... :x

Unfortunately, there isn't any other tariff available, as I don't have DSL here and have to use a WLAN thumb drive, and 4 GB download limit is the maximum! :cry:
Hink
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Mon May 12, 2014 9:07 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

RunBeerRun wrote:Well the caffeine fast didn't work, I need to go to the bathroom more and it's not happening, so it's still good for health reasons.

I'm used to not sleeping well, but at least I will be high for an hour here.

I can so empathize, so I'm sorry it didn't help but maybe if you give it more time it will. Meanwhile the last thing you said is imo very important. I dont know if you have been to a doctor for this but if you have you probably have herd all the things to do. Dont watch tv before going to bed, read something boring, make your mind go blank (I have no concept of how to do that, I just start thinking "is my mind blank" :hihi: ) relaxation techniques (which do work some) and a whole lot more. But really the worst part of insomnia for me can be the frustration and stress trying to fall asleep brings. I do find on nights when I cannot get to sleep if I just lay there and not let it bother me and just accept I'm not going to sleep well that night I seem to fall asleep. I wish 7 days a week I could just get up and play but o course the alarm still goes off at 6:58 am 5 days a week.

Hope it gets better for you my friend :)
Hink
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Mon May 12, 2014 9:17 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

oh yeah, what I was going to post about what pissed me off...I cant say it's pissed me off as much as it's just an all to common nuisance at some places...but junkies, one in particular...I really do not care what other people do, if someone wants to shoot junk into your veins who I am to stop them? I mean I understand addiction quite well, I have fought my battles with my demons and it's a constant fight (though heroin is something I never tried) so again I can empathize. However when the junky visits their problems on me then it's a problem, I didn't make that person a junky :shrug:

While I can avoid most junkies by just staying away, sometimes they enter my communities, the places I spend my time and why they have to take their issues out on me and others is beyond me. I will extend a hand to help someone (in fact I will extend it many times), but do not take my head off because you have a problem you cannot handle...it's your problem not mine :neutral:
SyntheticAurality
KVRAF

7477 posts since 2 Apr, 2002, from Tulsa, OK, USA

Postby SyntheticAurality; Wed May 14, 2014 7:06 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

My contract ended today - almost 2 weeks early! The company ran out of money so the project is now "as done as it's going to get", so.. I get to go home early! :tantrum: :tantrum:

Only good news - the boss managed to scrape enough money to pay me through the end of the week, so it's not a huge unexpected financial hit - I still have enough cash to last 8 weeks between projects. Whew!

Well, actually.. my birthday is next Tuesday, so this means I get to stay home and party all day! Maybe I should post this in the happy thread...
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

6657 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Wed May 14, 2014 1:25 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

When people go into my excel files and modify them :x
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
trimph1
KVRAF

14309 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Thu May 15, 2014 6:05 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Well!!! :x This just caps it for me!!! :tantrum:

Driving tractor to another field to work on it...went to the right to make turn...wide load( binder)...binder ends up going into the ditch and ...BAM!!!!...me and tractor go into said ditch....:x :tantrum:

So, for the last few days I have been hospitalized....broken pelvis....:x
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
Hink
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Thu May 15, 2014 6:08 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

trimph1 wrote:Well!!! :x This just caps it for me!!! :tantrum:

Driving tractor to another field to work on it...went to the right to make turn...wide load( binder)...binder ends up going into the ditch and ...BAM!!!!...me and tractor go into said ditch....:x :tantrum:

So, for the last few days I have been hospitalized....broken pelvis....:x

ouch...I hope you get on your feet soon Barry :hug:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic