Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
25833 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Wed May 14, 2014 6:25 pm Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

robojam wrote:Some people never learn... :hihi:



yeah I heard you're a little quick on the draw :hihi:
sometimes you need a fish to catch a fish
DSmolken
KVRian
 
1128 posts since 20 Sep, 2013, from Poland

Postby DSmolken; Wed May 14, 2014 11:23 pm Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

deastman wrote:I only use Hello Kitty guitar picks. And I'm not even joking. I really wanted a Hello Kitty guitar, but they're such crap guitars...

I used to have an Emily the Strange guitar. The problem was not that it was crap (I'm old enough to remember real crap guitars, including those from the Soviet bloc) but that it was too damn cute and it didn't take long before a female singer insisted I sell it to her. So I imagine with a global icon like Hello Kitty you'd need to buy at least a half dozen because girls would keep wanting to buy them off you.

Image
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
25833 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Thu May 15, 2014 8:48 am Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

My daughter's has the pink strap :hihi:...I'm not going to sit and here and say it's an awesome guitar because it isn't...however it's not really a terrible guitar either. I'm not a big fan of the neck contour but I think Fender lovers would not mind it. The pick-up is cheap, not always a bad thing and really because it has only one pick-up it's not very versatile but it's a heck of a lot better than my first electric. The action I have zero complaints about :)

edit: after posting this I got te guitar out because I knew it had a busted string. I plugged into my living room rig (Egnater Rebel, 1x12, Midiverb 4, Weber mini-mass Attenuator, Boss NS-2 and the Fulltone Full Drive Dean gave me) and I cannot call this a crap guitar. The pick up is very low powered, perfect for what I want.

The bottom line is this is a guitar one cannot blame if one's playing sounds bad :wink:
sometimes you need a fish to catch a fish
camsr
KVRAF
 
6368 posts since 16 Feb, 2005

Postby camsr; Thu May 15, 2014 10:20 am Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

But even rubber bands make a nice tone if you pluck them right.
Image
camsr
KVRAF
 
6368 posts since 16 Feb, 2005

Postby camsr; Thu May 15, 2014 10:21 am Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

Doug1978 wrote:^^ this is terrible Michael. I will steal it and use it in my English classes!
(not entirely sure what grammar point it could fit yet though...).


Maybe silence is golden ?
Image
camsr
KVRAF
 
6368 posts since 16 Feb, 2005

Postby camsr; Fri May 16, 2014 2:45 pm Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

..because she doesn't have a mouth...
Image
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
25833 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Fri May 16, 2014 3:04 pm Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

camsr wrote:But even rubber bands make a nice tone if you pluck them right.


I flashback 50 years to me jumping around with a shoebox that had rubber bands wrapped around it and a hole in the top watching romper room...that was cute for a few years, but when I was ten and I put on the national anthem and starting setting them on fire my mother didn't think that was all that cute :hihi:
sometimes you need a fish to catch a fish
User avatar
SODDI
KVRAF
 
2882 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Postby SODDI; Fri May 16, 2014 11:29 pm Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

How about a nice apergillus orzyae from "Moyashimon"? This is the yeast that is used to ferment soybeans for miso!

Image

"22cm in length, is a reasonable size for controversial on the desk. The hand can also pose like core is into it! Please mind and body would have been courted to oryzae cute!"
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
25833 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Sat May 17, 2014 7:47 pm Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

so yeah, I just spent two hours jamming away on the Hello Guitar and I had an absolute ball and on top of that I discovered a serious flaw in my guitar tone thinking. I'm always putting hot pick-ups in my guitars, but the Hello Kitty reminded me why I might sometimes want weak pick-ups...one thing is official, I can have just as much fun on cheapy, single humbucker Squire as I can on my Ibanez Prestige (and everything in between) and that's what it's all about :wink:
sometimes you need a fish to catch a fish
ntom
KVRAF
 
2274 posts since 18 Oct, 2010, from Texas

Postby ntom; Sat May 17, 2014 7:51 pm Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

debra1rlo wrote:Donations needed ASAP. Paypal gift is fine. I deserve this and you people owe it to me. I'm twice the musician (and human) than you (but only if you don't donate.)


I support your choice, I cannot support you monetarily though. But as they say, it's the thought that counts, right?
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
25833 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Sat May 17, 2014 7:56 pm Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

ntom wrote:
debra1rlo wrote:Donations needed ASAP. Paypal gift is fine. I deserve this and you people owe it to me. I'm twice the musician (and human) than you (but only if you don't donate.)


I support your choice, I cannot support you monetarily though. But as they say, it's the thought that counts, right?


yeah and size doesn't matter too :roll: :hihi:
sometimes you need a fish to catch a fish
elassi
KVRian
 
1315 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Postby elassi; Sat May 17, 2014 7:56 pm Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

Hink wrote:...one thing is official, I can have just as much fun on cheapy, single humbucker Squire as I can on my Ibanez Prestige (and everything in between) and that's what it's all about


:tu:
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
25833 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Sat May 17, 2014 8:02 pm Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

elassi wrote:
Hink wrote:...one thing is official, I can have just as much fun on cheapy, single humbucker Squire as I can on my Ibanez Prestige (and everything in between) and that's what it's all about


:tu:


can you mix some stems for that song?
sometimes you need a fish to catch a fish
elassi
KVRian
 
1315 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Postby elassi; Sun May 18, 2014 3:34 am Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

Hink wrote:can you mix some stems for that song?


As soon as possible. :)
robogone
KVRAF
 
21386 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Gone

Postby robogone; Sun May 18, 2014 4:07 am Re: Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

Hink wrote:so yeah, I just spent two hours jamming away on the Hello Guitar and I had an absolute ball and on top of that I discovered a serious flaw in my guitar tone thinking. I'm always putting hot pick-ups in my guitars, but the Hello Kitty reminded me why I might sometimes want weak pick-ups...one thing is official, I can have just as much fun on cheapy, single humbucker Squire as I can on my Ibanez Prestige (and everything in between) and that's what it's all about :wink:

It's why I love my Telecaster so much. And there's such a huge range of sounds between clean, clean with extreme high or low tone, breaking up, full on overdrive and extreme distortion. It's just so versatile. One of the reasons I loved the Strat I had many years ago (although it's a very different sound).

But as you well know ( :hihi: ), I used to own a 70s Les Paul, which for years was my main guitar and that's totally different too. It had the stock pickups which weren't particularly hot, but along with the fatter sound than the Strat or Tele it also had a good range of sounds.

I think hot pickups have their place, but I tend to prefer something that isn't really hot.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)