Imitone -- wow! Most embarassing post I ever started

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just watched the kontakt cello vid with the switched aticulations - this looks incredible!
Now I wish I had a soundproof studio.... ;)

interactopia wrote:Hello! Evan Balster here -- the imitone developer. Just popping in, and I'm rather embarrassed to say I haven't read the entire thread yet.
Hi Evan. Just carry on coding and let KVR deal with the kibitzing. :D

I was happy to sign up for the Kickstarter, and, although I'm one of those who can't get it working yet, I'm happy to wait. If it works even half as well as it appears to then I can already think of a dozen interesting uses for it. :tu:
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

coincidental wrote:
interactopia wrote:Hello! Evan Balster here -- the imitone developer. Just popping in, and I'm rather embarrassed to say I haven't read the entire thread yet.
Hi Evan. Just carry on coding and let KVR deal with the kibitzing. :D

I was happy to sign up for the Kickstarter, and, although I'm one of those who can't get it working yet, I'm happy to wait. If it works even half as well as it appears to then I can already think of a dozen interesting uses for it. :tu:
+1 ...i, for one, totally agree : just take the time you need to do a plently satisfying job,
this is just brilliant !!!!!

:love: :clap: :hail:

by my side, owning a bunch of sample modelling wind instrument (all SWAM-made except the brand new flutes) I can't wait to see, how imitone, once acheived, would increase my workflow...and at 25$ it's nothing but a steal !!!

don1thedon wrote:Still waiting to get a beta, I've sent 2 emails now ... no reply :-?
This is all sorted now!

I haven't had time to download the beta yet, but I'm rant liking forward to putting this through it's paces.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

It appears to have installed correctly, and I can see it as an input device in my DAW, but I can't get the app to receive any audio from my mic in any input mode (ASIO, multimedia etc)

RME Babyface. No problems with the mic signal in any other app.

(Feedback sent via app, but thought i'd mention it here in case anyone has any suggestions)

It expects the audio on the first audio channel (mono).
Had the same problem at first but was able to get it working when I switched the Mic...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Also, if your DAW is using the same device, it may not work if the device is in exclusive mode.
I used a second Asio Device for the mic.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ThomasHelzle wrote:It expects the audio on the first audio channel (mono).
Had the same problem at first but was able to get it working when I switched the Mic...

Cheers,

Tom
Thanks Tom, that was the problem. I hadn't tried ch1 as I didn't have a suitable cable.

I've tried it now by using the output of the instrument I have on ch1 until I get the XLR to XLR cable I need to get a mic on ch1.

However, it's stuttering, and I have a warning icon appearing.

Evan, hopefully you keep an eye on this thread and can diagnose the problem. :)

Also, Evan, will imitone eventually be able to accept audio from any channel? I don't want to be forced to use ch1 on my interface for this app.

ThomasHelzle wrote:Also, if your DAW is using the same device, it may not work if the device is in exclusive mode.
I used a second Asio Device for the mic.

Cheers,

Tom
I didn't have any problem using the same ASIO device in imitone and my DAW thankfully and everything worked as expected with me able to play another instrument via imitone from the input signal it was receiving.

(The stuttering issue I mentioned above happened regardless if my DAW was also open)

Did you check the readme in the install directory? There are some helpful tips.

I guess it's the CPU warning...

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote:Did you check the readme in the install directory? There are some helpful tips.

I guess it's the CPU warning...

Cheers,

Tom
Yeah I read it, but no mention of the exclamation mark icon. It's a thermometer icon for CPU issues. I have plenty CPU to spare.

It's actually changing between being an exclamation mark icon and an electricity icon.

It's only if I have my DAW open it starts doing it. If I close my DAW it stops and works fine, so it must be some driver issue that arises with the interaction with my DAW.
Last edited by barryfell on Fri May 16, 2014 5:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ah, I see. Haven't seen the "thermometer" myself yet ;-)
Yeah, ASIO usually isn't too hot on sharing Devices so that could be it.

Let's see if Evan can shed some light on this.

Cheers,

Tom

barryfell -- that's an interesting one. Follow this procedure and we can diagnose it:

(instructions pertain to 0.5.0, will not be pertinent to 0.5.1 and up)

----------------------------------------------------------------
To capture a sample, hold the "C" key while interacting with the program.
Audio will be recorded while the key is held, up to a maximum of 30 seconds.
You may re-play the audio by pressing the R key.
The recorded file may be retrieved from the following location:
On Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\interactopia\imitone beta <version>\capture.wav
On Mac: [right click imitone app -> show package contents]\Contents\Resources\capture.wav
----------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Instruments”