Frank Arnold (4damind): Waking Moments

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Kvrians ;)

I have finished a new track "Waking Moments".

Style: Lounge/Chillout/Electronica
BPM: 88
DAW: Cubase 7.5
Synth: Access Virus, Nord Lead2x, Absynth, Diva, Spire, NI Kontakt, Geist, Predator, Strobe

I hope you like it!
https://soundcloud.com/52degree/frank-a ... ng-moments

Release Page for listening (if Soundcloud is not working): Link

Great vibe to this tune. Very chill. I really dig the use of multiple pads. Fading and panning on pans creates really nice effects and transitions. I also dig the chilled groove that's first established around 1:17.

Nice one.

Nice song, I like the layering of the pads/choirs/textures (how many did you use?)... :love:

The beat is a bit too shy, it could have a few more percussion elements!

Thanks ;)
The main pad I programmed with the Virus. Another is from Predator and from Diva.
There is also a lot automation of filter, volume, panning and stuff.

Tricky-Loops wrote:it could have a few more percussion elements!
This.

edit/add: the 'announcements' of something happening disappoint every time you use them. For example: you seem to launch a break but then the track doesn't change at all.

In addition to Tricky's comment: you should either reduce the percussion even more or enrich it by further elements from time to time.

Also I think you've chosen the 'wrong' speed. I remember that I've said this about another tune of your's some time ago. Funny or coincidence or fundamental reception by me... I don't know. :)

I`ll be listening to it more to 'see' what it is i`m hearing...but for the moment on 1st listen I can`t stand the hats. The sounds are all smooth but you have these chattering hats clicking..it`s way annoying to me.
EDIT - Yes, your whole upper end reminds me of bugs. It seems overly biased towards sounds that bugs hear and make. :)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Thank you guys, nice comments and good input :tu:

Track is accepted for airplay on Digitally Imported (Chillout Channel) and the label Galileo Dreams will release it in the next weeks...

Congrats, Frank. Hope it sells. :)

Hehe, but I don't think there will be enough sells to cancel my job :hihi:
I see it more as promotion and the internet radio helps a bit to reach more listeners.

4damind wrote:Hehe, but I don't think there will be enough sells to cancel my job :hihi:
I believe that`s true only for the reason that insects don`t have Paypal accounts...at least the phylum I know. :wink:

Good luck with all your music Frank...just having a bit of fun here, hoping your OK with it.:)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:
4damind wrote:Hehe, but I don't think there will be enough sells to cancel my job :hihi:
I believe that`s true only for the reason that insects don`t have Paypal accounts...at least the phylum I know. :wink:

Good luck with all your music Frank...just having a bit of fun here, hoping your OK with it.:)
Hehe, I have no problem with a bit of fun (and insects) :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”