Good circling/doppler effect?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not like it's a fresh idea, but I'd like to be able to simulate a sound circling around using only 2 speakers. I realize it may have to circle "in front" of the listening position, but anything that does this sort of thing would be cool.

Anybody know of a plugin that does this well?
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

You could try automating TDR/VladG Proximity (free plug). I'm not sure how much depth you'll get out of it though.

Then adjust automation on panning. Depending on how well you can incorporate Proximity into the overall effect you could also try automating volume, and Low Pass/High Pass filtering.

I'll check out proximity. I haven't heard of that one before. I know I have enough modulation stuff to create something. It might be fun giving it a shot, however, if I can find the work already done, I'm willing to cheat.

Waves Doppler is meant exactly for that.
No signature here!

ValhallaFreqEcho does this, to a certain degree.

robotmonkey wrote:Waves Doppler is meant exactly for that.
My intuition says you may be right. :D

These are all good suggestions. I'll add that Waves' MondoMod (preset "Circular") delivers the exact effect the OP described. It's also easy to see what the plugin is doing to achieve this, and instead apply automation to the host DAW's volume and panning to replicate the effect if desired.

valhallasound wrote:ValhallaFreqEcho does this, to a certain degree.
I'm way overdue to open that one up again. I use all four of the others all the time...

While I'm at it...you're one of the ones I really appreciate...now where's that butt-kissing smiley? :neutral:

tibenmik wrote:These are all good suggestions. I'll add that Waves' MondoMod (preset "Circular") delivers the exact effect the OP described. It's also easy to see what the plugin is doing to achieve this, and instead apply automation to the host DAW's volume and panning to replicate the effect if desired.
I don't have that one but I've toyed with it in the past. Seems like I was impressed. Man I'm getting old....

I did like Doppler from GRM Tools, but I'm not set to spring for their stuff right now.

To me so far GRM Tools Doppler is the king.

http://www.inagrm.com/grm_tools_classic

There is Orbit:

http://www.audioease.com/Pages/RocketScience/

But it is Mac only as far as I know..

I'm thinking I might be able to squeeze something out of Molekular when I get around to getting a handle on it.

I'm using the one from Waves. Bought last black friday I think, along with Mondomod, very useful stuff even if a bit old.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

maybe also worth having a look

http://www.savioursofsoul.de/Christian/ ... o-plugins/

(HRTF3D and Tina Turner)

Return to “Effects”