Latest Builds: rev 2352 - May 16th

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

During the last few weeks we have done extensive stress testing of ACE. ACE has received some treatment to become V1.3 - it's got a new "filter reset" parameter on the tweak page for those who need a "digital" filter behaviour to accompany VCO reset. We've also defused a few possible issues with multicore processing when changing a preset happens at the time of processing audio and vice versa.

We hope to post an ACE 1.3 release candidate next week, with final installers and information. We would like to send out a newsletter then and hint at Bazille public beta testing (starting as of now).

Windows:

ACE2352Win.zip, Bazille2352Win.zip, Diva2352Win.zip, Filterscape2352Win.zip, MFM22352Win.zip, Podolski2352Win.zip,
Satin2352Win.zip, TripleCheese2352Win.zip, Uhbik2352Win.zip, Zebra22352Win.zip
ZebraCM2352Win.zip

Mac:

ACE2352Mac.zip, Bazille2352Mac.zip, Diva2352Mac.zip, Filterscape2352Mac.zip, MFM22352Mac.zip, Podolski2352Mac.zip,
Satin2352Mac.zip TripleCheese2352Mac.zip, Uhbik2352Mac.zip, Zebra22352Mac.zip
ZebraCM2352Mac.zip

Changes since 2242
  • completely redone Mac Installers - check for completeness, file permissions, proper update behaviour
  • fixed UI freeze with 32-bit Carbon UIs on Mavericks
  • separated AAX 32/64 bit on Win installers, added proper install path
  • Added choice of gamma adjustments to GUI editor (brightness control)
  • Antialiasing on GUI fonts can now be turned off
  • added VST3 ReadMes to installers, made VST3 install optional (off by default)
  • added module name to VST2 parameter list (check if existing automation is affected)
  • fixed Win Click-Thru bug, possible also "two clicks needed to close window"
  • improved font rendering on Windows
  • fixed "u-he menu" on TripleCheese preset folders
  • fixed snapshot step indicators in Filterscapes
  • fixed missing preset name in VST2
  • removed useless "panned BPs" mode form FilterscapeVA
  • fixed swapped Delay times in ZebraCM
  • improved error message ("Error 3") on Win
  • fixed Diva Waveform Slider offset
  • switched text drawing to CoreText on Mac (removes special character issue in Satin)
  • fixed "apostrophy bug" in Preset Descriptions
  • fixed text abbreviation bug on Win
  • Zebras - Osc Phase now defaults to 50.00
  • fixed negative smoothing bug in Filterscape StepSeq
  • fixed installers for 32-bit Windows (hopefully, again)
  • fixed line style wires being cut off in scaled UIs (Win only)
  • improved voice stealing behaviour (less clicky)
  • fixed legato modes
  • fixed slow UI loading times
  • fixed a lot of pops, thumps, nasty noises and critical sound bugs in ACE
  • improved oscilloscope modes
  • added 200 HS presets to ACE (will also add preset list and extra zip shortly)
  • added "reset filter" feature in ACE Circuit Bending section
  • fixed few issues that could cause silence or noise with multicore turned on
  • fixed missing button graphic in ACE
  • fixed missing lock function on tuning files etc.
  • hiding cables now while NagScreen is visible
  • made Gate fade quicker as VCA
  • made new font compromise on Windows
  • added Bazille Installers
  • put correct version numbers in Mac installers
Note: For full information on Bazille, there'll be a dedicated thread.

Thanks,

- Urs

Important Note for ACE users: If you upgrade ACE from a version prior to 1.2 then you might have to re-assign parameters in track automation. Read more

Important Note for Satin users: If you update Satin from a version prior to 1.1.1 then you can't easily "go back" because presets saved with the new version don't open in older versions. Please back up your projects with Satin before you update, then restore them if you need to go back to Satin 1.1 or 1.0 (which we hope you don't have to)

Note for TDZ users: Updating ZebraHZ takes a bit more work than just upload an automatically generated zip. We'll post an update once the major issues are confirmed to be fixed, and we'll announce this here.

Thanks,

- Urs

some more background info:

A few months ago we decided to drastically shorten the time between development stages and public deployment. So now, when we've worked through a bunch of feature requests and bugfixes, we post the absolute latest and freshest versions here, in public. This way we hope to catch bugs and issues much quicker than in usual development cycles. We also hope to provide quick fixes and workarounds whenever people experience problems with our official release versions.

Is it dangerous to install these version? - Yes, they obviously have beta status and they're not tried and tested broadly. But: They are as good as a freshly released software can be and they fix a lot of issues that are still present in the official versions.

Here comes the gist: We release these shortly after changes were made. Thus, whenever a bug is reported, chances are good that it occurs in a part that a developer has just touched. So the developer needs less time to understand the issue and fix it. Therefore, the software ultimately becomes better in shorter time than it would be possible with, say, annual updates.

Thus, the more people who install and use these versions, there more stable it gets 8)

Regarding:

* fixed "u-he menu" on TripleCheese preset folders
* fixed Diva Waveform Slider offset
* fixed text abbreviation bug on Win

Were these made by editing skin .txt files, or are they part of .dll?

I'm aware that new ACE button, etc. does need .txt file editing for existing skins. (BTW might be cool to denote GUI changes with "editing of custom skins needed" or something?)

Phewww, honestly, I don't remember all details... but I think non require changes on alternative skins.

Hi URS,
there are still some bugs in the preset menu:
- The list now start from the beginnings when you change the folder
- If you close-reopen the GUI the preset is no more selected, I don't know if it's the same in the previous beta.
- If you close-reopen the GUI the folder list is initialized every time (all the folder are collapsed) and sometime it's listed from the bottom.
If I find other bugs I'll let you know,
Cheers,
Mauro.
God save the Groove!

The font issue on Windows has finally been fixed! And thanks for the new text antialiasing and gamma settings.

Urs wrote:fixed a lot of pops, thumps, nasty noises and critical sound bugs in ACE
Urs i hope were not affected ACE soundengine components to make it more linear\sterile ? I do not know how to explain it better.
Or let's just say: those possible distortions \ artifacts that initially were implied for enrich the sound, it not was whether removed ?

c_voltage wrote:
Urs wrote:fixed a lot of pops, thumps, nasty noises and critical sound bugs in ACE
Urs i hope were not affected ACE soundengine components to make it more linear\sterile ? I do not know how to explain it better.
Or let's just say: those possible distortions \ artifacts that initially were implied for enrich the sound, it not was whether removed ?
Nope, the filter reset is optional.

Other than that, we only reset a lot of things during a preset change. Any project that you load should sound exactly the same. Only, if a preset change causes pops and clicks on the first few notes, this shall be gone.

Urs Thanks.
(Just in the last years, I realized that the greatest value in synths is exactly a variety of non-linearity and other sound instabilities. And need to do as much as possible a variety of features and options for this. It's not FR - just thinking out loud. When I checked the correct ACE waveforms, I was not thinking about musicality. And I'm afraid that I was launched the infernal machine by a slew of precious nonlinearity, and now regret it. :lol: Well, it certainly partly a joke. The main thing that saved a choice, ie optionality.)

Thanks for the updates!

A few suggestions regarding the installers:

1. Please consider creating a u-he Total bundle installer
2. Name your installers with a prefix of "u-he" so they all group together when downloaded and also when extracted
3. When recommending not installing VST3, offer to remove the old VST3 files if you don't recommend using them

Thanks again! Just digging into Bazille now and loving the new interface :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Oh BTW Urs - today's my birthday. These releases are a nice gift! Thanks! :tu:

EvilDragon wrote:Oh BTW Urs - today's my birthday. These releases are a nice gift! Thanks! :tu:
Happy BDay, ED! Best wishes, mate.

EvilDragon wrote:Oh BTW Urs - today's my birthday. These releases are a nice gift! Thanks! :tu:
Happy Birthday :)

Happy Birthday, evil one!

Hi,
Have experienced this problem before.

Works fine on PC, Windows 7 64bit, but not on Mac 10.7.5

Cubendo has the ability to save a default patch and in this default patch you can not only choose what preset you want as your default, but also multicore on/off, size etc.

in Zebra 2, I find the normal size too small so I set up my default as the next bigger size (and of course unempty horse) and save as a default.
However on Mac when I open a new instance of Zebra, thus opening the default preset...
it only shows part of the GUI....

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Actually upon further test, this happens with both Unempty and the default skin
and you dont' even have to save a cubendo default patch.
open an instance of zebra, choose Large as size, close GUI, open GUI.
same issue.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”