What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Logic Pro X updated to 10.0.7

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
4606 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Thu May 15, 2014 3:34 am Re: Logic Pro X updated to 10.0.7

Sampleconstruct wrote:Jeez, those release notes read like the bible...


except, much more righteous :hihi: :hihi:
User avatar
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
 
7303 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Thu May 15, 2014 3:38 am Re: Logic Pro X updated to 10.0.7

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Jeez, those release notes read like the bible...


except, much more righteous :hihi: :hihi:


LOL :D
User avatar
spaceman
KVRAF
 
8205 posts since 9 Jan, 2004, from leroyaumeuni

Postby spaceman; Thu May 15, 2014 4:21 am Re: Logic Pro X updated to 10.0.7

All sorts of snap weirdness has been fixed as well.
Excellent.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth
TheoM
KVRAF
 
19283 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Thu May 15, 2014 4:26 am Re: Logic Pro X updated to 10.0.7

reported plenty of those to apple and very happy to see such an update. Logic lives!
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
 
1896 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Thu May 15, 2014 8:44 am Re: Logic Pro X updated to 10.0.7

Any GUI updates to older plugins? Like, you know, retina graphics? :-)

I'm happy to hear people talking about the GUI being more responsive. This is going to be my next DAW, once I'm ready for a Mac Pro (close, but no matching high-PPI display yet).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
User avatar
spaceman
KVRAF
 
8205 posts since 9 Jan, 2004, from leroyaumeuni

Postby spaceman; Thu May 15, 2014 9:31 am Re: Logic Pro X updated to 10.0.7

Jace-BeOS wrote:Any GUI updates to older plugins? Like, you know, retina graphics? :-)

Not in this release I think.
But I'm sure this will come in an update soon(ish).

I suspect they will create all new UIs actually.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth
User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
 
1896 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Fri May 16, 2014 4:22 am Re: Logic Pro X updated to 10.0.7

I hope so. Ultrabeat's GUI sucks (structurally) and the rest are quite small on displays larger than 13" (and 13" displays are too small to be working on projects but I do it anyway :-p ).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
User avatar
spaceman
KVRAF
 
8205 posts since 9 Jan, 2004, from leroyaumeuni

Postby spaceman; Fri May 16, 2014 4:54 am Re: Logic Pro X updated to 10.0.7

Jace-BeOS wrote:I hope so. Ultrabeat's GUI sucks (structurally) and the rest are quite small on displays larger than 13" (and 13" displays are too small to be working on projects but I do it anyway :-p ).

I think Ultrabeat is a lovely instrument, but I hate working with it.
The UI is not practical at all.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth
BMILLZ
KVRer
 
10 posts since 21 Sep, 2008, from Canada

Postby BMILLZ; Fri May 16, 2014 7:40 am Re: Logic Pro X updated to 10.0.7

is anyone else's browser section on the right hand side acting differently now. I can't just scroll through the sounds and listen to them. I have to engage the speaker button on the bottom of the All Files browser for every sample I want to listen to.

maybe I'm missing something here. Before I updated I could just scroll down and listen with the arrow keys.
TheoM
KVRAF
 
19283 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Fri May 16, 2014 8:49 am Re: Logic Pro X updated to 10.0.7

BMILLZ wrote:is anyone else's browser section on the right hand side acting differently now. I can't just scroll through the sounds and listen to them. I have to engage the speaker button on the bottom of the All Files browser for every sample I want to listen to.

maybe I'm missing something here. Before I updated I could just scroll down and listen with the arrow keys.


working here as normal... have browsed to a random wav loop sound FX folder, highlighted top file and pressed speaker, then gone up and down with arrow keys and everything auditions normally automatically.

If you let the sound play right through, then you need to re engage the speaker, but it has always been like this for me, even with Logic 9. So you need to make sure the end of the file isn't quite reached. It's stupid, but the way it is.
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
BMILLZ
KVRer
 
10 posts since 21 Sep, 2008, from Canada

Postby BMILLZ; Fri May 16, 2014 8:57 am Re: Logic Pro X updated to 10.0.7

TheoM wrote:
BMILLZ wrote:is anyone else's browser section on the right hand side acting differently now. I can't just scroll through the sounds and listen to them. I have to engage the speaker button on the bottom of the All Files browser for every sample I want to listen to.

maybe I'm missing something here. Before I updated I could just scroll down and listen with the arrow keys.


working here as normal... have browsed to a random wav loop sound FX folder, highlighted top file and pressed speaker, then gone up and down with arrow keys and everything auditions normally automatically.

If you let the sound play right through, then you need to re engage the speaker, but it has always been like this for me, even with Logic 9. So you need to make sure the end of the file isn't quite reached. It's stupid, but the way it is.




Ahh, makes sense. For some reason I thought i could just scroll through, even if the file had ended.

Thanks for the quick response! Appreciate it. :)
samsam
KVRian
 
1373 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Postby samsam; Fri May 16, 2014 4:04 pm Re: Logic Pro X updated to 10.0.7

Really? That's the way it's supposed to be?

Jesus wept. Logic kills me at times. Too bad the bloody thing is NfR.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)