The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

hibidy wrote:I've started something I didn't mean to start.....

|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

:lol: BItwig was so last quarter. :D

The really hip cats are talking about Logic X and that humongous update. :hihi:

glokraw wrote:
codec_spurt wrote: So well done. Just change the terms of the demo eh?
You can record bitwig in the rest of your linux apps,
and use it as an effects rack, if they loosen up any more,
it won't really be a demo.

I could, if I knew how to do that.

I don't.

Not everyone is a Linux guru like you, oh master!

:-)

Really, I don't know wtf I am doing. I only found out about the bitching in the warez forum when I was looking to a quick solution to a problem I was having with installing.

It came up in the googlez.

Still, thanks. That's good to know. I'm determined to get a solid and basic Linux rig going for audio.

But then again, they could make it like Image Line where you can save a track but you can't recall it though, couldn't they?

Oh well, don't want to get into an argument over it. I love me my Ableton 9. And my Studio One. And the new Energy XT2 has got me wetting my pants.

Still. I will reinstall this on my LMDE partition on my hard disk.

Thanks glokraw.

@funny cat pics: ME LOVES!!!!!!

LawrenceF wrote:Dear Bitwig: We who have already clearly stated that you guys have created the worst daw ever made in the history of mankind, and that you guys have no clue what you're doing, and you all having obviously made a series of really stupid business decisions... we, those who aren't your customers and likely won't ever be anytime soon, have a very simple request.

Please remove the demo restrictions so we can give your product a really proper YouTube bashing without the potential danger of losing any work we may create along the way.

Thank You.

:hihi:

That's kinda what some of that reads like. :lol:
YEAH. f**king YEE AHH! YEAH.

Wait a minute. Maybe you are being sarcastic, hard to tell. I know you're not dim-witted. Well, only when you want to be!

LawrenceF, is it really too much to ask that those of us that try the program have the ability to load back what we do at a later stage after we have paid for it?

I don't think it is.

And again, I point to the Image Line model of doing things here.

You can use any of their plugins that cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars. In fact, while we are about it, let's come clean, Image Line go a step further - they allow you to RENDER or RECORD with Edison the said VSTs, no need to buy them at all. They sold the farm and screwed the pooch, jumped the porch etc..

But I will out irony your irony.

No, I don't give a f**k.

I have:
Studio One.
Energy XT2.
Reaper.
Ableton 9.
FLStudio.

Why the hell would I need BitWig?

I don't.

So don't make me out to be a whiny bitch (if indeed this comment is aimed at people like me) just coz I would like an option to reload my projects at a later date should I so wish to buy the program. Which I have said I will. In two or three years time. That is important for a business. Sure they need early adopters and bums on seats up front, but a little 'we got something going on down the road' never hurt too.

Apologies if your sarcastic/ironic comment wasn't aimed at me.

It's all good fun, but you know, sometimes...

I'm a DAW junkie. I have given up on VSTs and synths. DAWs is where my money will be spent from now on. I already have a silly silly amount of plugins.

For example, today, I just bought, just for the hell of it and to say thanks, the ReWire plugin from XT Software. I was that happy that XT was updated. I've got cold hard cash. And I will give it to you if you convince me.

No demo where you can't reload your projects? Lazy programming. That is doable without any performance hit on sales. In fact, it increases sales.

That's it. I'm too worked up to find a cat pic to go with this. Maybe I'll calm down in a bit.

:hyper:

if i may ask for what you need 5 DAWS? Seems like it`s hard to make you happy with anything, no offence..

LawrenceF wrote:Dear Bitwig: We who have already clearly stated that you guys have created the worst daw ever made in the history of mankind, and that you guys have no clue what you're doing, and you all having obviously made a series of really stupid business decisions... we, those who aren't your customers and likely won't ever be anytime soon, have a very simple request.

Please remove the demo restrictions so we can give your product a really proper YouTube bashing without the potential danger of losing any work we may create along the way.

Thank You.

:hihi:

That's kinda what some of that reads like. :lol:
On another note, seeing as we are being meta-ironic.

You, who have claimed to go 'meh' over this daw. Are posting in a public thread about others that are going 'meh', just to say 'meh'..

f**king hell LawrenceF, you really have outdone yourself this time.

I just don't know what to think any more. I am questioning my whole model of reality.

Suloo wrote:if i may ask for what you need 5 DAWS? Seems like it`s hard to make you happy with anything, no offence..
No offence taken my good man (if I may call you as such).

Yes it is hard to make me happy (ask my g/f - actually, no, don't).

Each of those DAWs does one thing well.

eXT2 - Knocking up very quick musical sketches - super fast.
Reaper - Excellent at bridging the gap between DAW and Audio Editor.
Studio One - All round joy for using as a Cubase/Logic replacement, plus mastering.
Ableton - Ask Pitch Black about this one - super creative, fast, fun, compatible.
FLStudio - very fast to work in for basic stuff. Exceptional under rated plugins.

That is off the top of my head. I could go on at length. You will thank me for this.

But I'd be happy to answer any further questions you have.

and then you start for example in FlStudio or eXT2 to get down the basement, bounce everything out, put it into ableton for getting more of fun and creative flow, then all out again and into reaper for audio mangling and editing, and finally into studio one for mixing and mastering?

codec_spurt wrote:You, who have claimed to go 'meh' over this daw. Are posting in a public thread about others that are going 'meh', just to say 'meh'..

f**king hell LawrenceF, you really have outdone yourself this time.
Lol. :) Hey, it's KVR, anything goes.

But yes, any curiosity i had about the app has been satisfied weeks ago, so me wondering out loud why anyone like me who clearly doesn't want to even buy or use the thing in it's current state is still moaning over it's functions or lack of is... as you quite correctly say... not really my business. :)

Point taken. I'll keep those kinds of thoughts to myself in the future.

Thanks for nudging me back on track. You are, of course, correct.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Sat May 17, 2014 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suloo wrote:and then you start for example in FlStudio or eXT2 to get down the basement, bounce everything out, put it into ableton for getting more of fun and creative flow, then all out again and into reaper for audio mangling and editing, and finally into studio one for mixing and mastering?

Shit. I didn't think of that.

I owe you a major supper.

Any restaurant you like.

Grub's on me!

:o

But that is how I kind of do it. I use XT and FL to start with, and I develop it in S1 and Reaper...

@too many hosts:

Er, how do you find one that works w/o trying them all :hihi:

Ask Lawrence, I was in perpetual hell for a while and then quite by accident rediscovered live. I was also able to to start using studio one not much longer after that. It's certainly not "bliss" but I'm pretty happy for the most part. I can't sell sonar or fl studio, so I'm stuck with those (FL for who knows how many years, I try it every year and hate it :hihi: )

I also have reaper, which I used for quite some time but got fed up with not being able to edit multi midi clips. I know you can do it now, but I'm kinda over reaper :ud:

So, there you have it. Many of us are multi-hostal and it goes with the territory unless you really luck out the first time.

At griping: I like to gripe (5 crusty pennies if you can tell me what movie)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”