EZ DRUMMER 2

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EZdrummer 2

invitia wrote:Now I am only waiting for an EZBass plugin so I can have the full backing track when writing song on my guitar. Maybe to be replaced by other instruments/synths in the final version, but great when composing and testing arrangements.
I'm looking forward to Jambass from Rayzoon, if Ralph ever gets around to it.

Just bought this. Would highly recommend it - used to have AD1, currently own SSD4, Abbey Road 60, Studio Drummer, Geist, Maschine, Spark. This does something very unique - it is great for songwriting IMO. The Tap feature is fantastic as is the edit pattern. I tried the AD2 demo and this just crushes it. Really happy with this purchase.

Has anyone been able to install EZD2 on a Windows OS earlier than Win7? I'm running Vista32, and need to upgrade but that won't happen before a few months.
The msi installer does an OS check and stops itself before going any further.

EDIT: Trying to modify the msi with Orca. I'll post back with results.

EDIT 2: OK, it worked. I opened the file 'EZDrummer 32-bit.msi' in Orca and modified the LaunchCondition from 'VersionNT>600' to 'VersionNT>=500'. Then I saved the file and installed as usual. This is obviously not a solution endorsed by Toontrack, but it works for me ... so far.

invitia wrote:
Now I am only waiting for an EZBass plugin so I can have the full backing track when writing song on my guitar. Maybe to be replaced by other instruments/synths in the final version, but great when composing and testing arrangements.

Uhuh, patiently waiting for an EZ Bass. Can't believe they haven't done one yet - suspect it would see a huge take up.

Band-in-a-Box? Never tried it.

Is EZX Pop/Rock content duplicated by any of the EZX's?

I was thinking of getting either Pop! EZX, Rock! EZX and/or Rock Solid EZX. Do any of these duplicate the Pop/Rock EZX?

I already have the Pop/Rock EZX (because I got EZ Drummer v2 via upgrade from v1), so don't want to waste money on EZX's that duplicate it, i.e., have the same content it has.

There shouldn't be any duplication with the stock, Pop/Rock library; I am thinking of going with Rock! EZX. Out of the ones you mentioned, that sounds the most impressive to me. I have Pop! And I don't care for it much :shrug:

dbender wrote:Is EZX Pop/Rock content duplicated by any of the EZX's?

I was thinking of getting either Pop! EZX, Rock! EZX and/or Rock Solid EZX. Do any of these duplicate the Pop/Rock EZX?
Nope. And I would definitely go with "Rock! EZX", probably the most versatile add-on pack.

still no fix :(

I has a first world sad.

Maybe I was doing something wrong, but when using EZDrummer 1 in Acid Pro or MuLab, I could never get it to sync up with my project song when auditioning drum loops from EZDrummer's browser, by which I mean, while the tempo matched the DAW's host tempo, what was auditioned was always playing "off-grid" i.e. I could not audition in such a way that the audition started at the beginning of the right measure, or of any measure, for that matter; rather it just started playing the instant I pressed the audition Play button manually. (Pressing the DAW's project transport Play button did not help). This required me to time pressing this button exactly in order to hear how the loops would sound "on-grid", but my timing isn't always good enough to do so, and at all events this becomes tiring when audtioning lots of loops. So it left me to imagine how a loop would play if it were properly synced.

In contrast, when auditioning loops (actually strumming patterns) in RealGuitar, or an audio loop in Acid, a loop selected for audition will not play until the start of a measure, which to my mind is how things should be.

Therefore I got the impression that EZDrummer was good for building a drumtrack and then building a song around it, but not for creating drumtracks for use in an existing, drum-less song.

So... my real question is: is this putative shortcoming -- i.e. off-grid auditioning -- present in EZDrummer 2? People say it's quite amazing, but I might pass if I can't get it to do what I've described I want to do.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

update is out.

hibidy wrote:update is out.
I see they've fixed the multi out issue for some DAWs in non-44.1 projects, but no idea what any of the other fixes / changes are - anyone know?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I haven't seen anything yet. I'd think it was extensive considering how long it took :hihi:

I'm having a problem updating the Pop/Rock EZX which I guess was the old default library with EZD1? I bought EZD1 but immediately upgraded. So I upgraded to EZD2 and then installed all the upgrades from my account. Most EZX's show V 1.5 but Pop/Rock shows 1.4. When I try to install the updater it tells my library is damaged and I should reinstall the program. So I did and no change. Anyone seen this? The Pop/Rock library works but I don't know if it's the latest version.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I'm having a problem updating the Pop/Rock EZX which I guess was the old default library with EZD1? I bought EZD1 but immediately upgraded. So I upgraded to EZD2 and then installed all the upgrades from my account. Most EZX's show V 1.5 but Pop/Rock shows 1.4. When I try to install the updater it tells my library is damaged and I should reinstall the program. So I did and no change. Anyone seen this? The Pop/Rock library works but I don't know if it's the latest version.
Mine's Version 1.5.1

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”