Maschine owner : What other drum machine as your supplement

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I know it sounds crazy but everyone should have at least X synths and Y drum machine. Thinking to add another drum machine package into my current setup (EDM, Prog. House kind of music) and if it can be controlled by the maschine controller will be a big-plus.

Tattoo and Xfer records Nerve are under my rador and don't want to have those 808-909 type of drum machine. Can anyone give me some suggestion?

Thanks alot.
Piggy915

I don't really like the idea of another "drum machine" along with Maschine -- I prefer sequencing everything in one place -- but I do appreciate the desire for diversity of drum sounds.

If you haven't upgraded to Maschine 2.x, it includes a drumsynth that's worth messing around with a bit.

Drumatic 4 and MicroTonic are both good drum synths, and I think they both compliment Maschine and each other.

I have Battery and don't really find it that inspiring personally, so I don't use it -- but objectively there's nothing wrong with it.

I have several cinematic and unusual percussion sets in Kontakt and Kore that I still use, and lots of WAV samples from various sources.

Many synths have drum presets and can be tweaked to make more, or of course programmed from scratch. I've made a couple of Maschine kits from Razor and bounced them down to samples.

The severely underrated MDrummer might help. It just got updated to v5 and comes with free lifetime updates.

The small version below is also free to use. You should give it a try to see if it works out for you.

http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/ ... mmer+Small

I don't understand why you'd have another drum machine after Maschine 2.0 which includes all those amazing drum synths in addition to the sampling.

Just like the others said: Maschine 2.0 all the way, baby. No need for anything else. If you feel limited by Maschine you have serious issues. :hihi:

The only thing I can think of is Battery, that too just for the kits and editing capability.

Maschine is solid (maschine ultimate user here). The only thing that pains me is that the installation process is so freaking complex. It still doesn't find my maschine instruments and I'm using my battery sounds. :x

Maybe I need to find a better drum synth vst. Dont' get me wrong, the Drum synth department of Maschine 2.x is not as solid as Reason's Kong drum..... It is far too basic ...

Return to “Instruments”