atm0spher1c - unsettled

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

New one posted up at soundcloud. Would love to hear what you all think.

https://soundcloud.com/atm0spher1c/unsettled

great sounds all over this one, really liked the use of delays and gates as well, a sweet retro touch with the D-50ish bells. mix sounds spot on listening on my laptop with my trusty old Koss Portapro's, much enjoyed :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Much more settled than the title would suggest. Smooth and relaxing even. Perfect mix. Well done. 8)

Thanks to both of you. @Layzer, had to laugh when you mentioned portapros. Proud owner of Sportapros here. :-).

There is nothing about this that I don't like. Nice soft vibes, great choice of sounds, lovely mix. It reminds me of 'late '90s Ozric Tentacles, but made with purely electronic sounds. Great percussion too.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:There is nothing about this that I don't like. Nice soft vibes, great choice of sounds, lovely mix. It reminds me of 'late '90s Ozric Tentacles, but made with purely electronic sounds. Great percussion too.

Good work :)
Any mention of the Ozrics gets a thumbs up from me :D I have so much love for Ed and co.

Very nice track ecamburn - enjoyed it a lot :)
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

@seismic1 & do_androids_dream -

One of the things I dig about the Music Cafe is learning about bands I'd never heard of. Ozric Tentacles is one of those bands. Listened to a couple of tracks on Waterfall Cities which I really dug. So I'm flattered this tune reminded you of them. Ozric reminded me a bit of Return to Forever. Cool stuff.

Thanks for listening guys.

ecamburn wrote:@seismic1 & do_androids_dream -

One of the things I dig about the Music Cafe is learning about bands I'd never heard of. Ozric Tentacles is one of those bands. Listened to a couple of tracks on Waterfall Cities which I really dug. So I'm flattered this tune reminded you of them. Ozric reminded me a bit of Return to Forever. Cool stuff.

Thanks for listening guys.
Waterfall Cities is such a colourful, cosmic album - one of my favourites for sure. I warn you if you get hooked (like me!) they have a pretty large discography to get through... :D
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I think Waterfall Cities is my favourite Ozrics album. It seems to be better composed and arranged than earlier efforts (which were more energetic, possibly even frenetic, but still very listenable). Later albums didn't seem to have the same sparkle as WC, although they are still definitely worth checking out.

This surely has a nice positive vibe.
And as the other stated: Well executed :clap:

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

do_androids_dream wrote: Waterfall Cities is such a colourful, cosmic album - one of my favourites for sure. I warn you if you get hooked (like me!) they have a pretty large discography to get through... :D
Yeah, I have that problem too. ;-) That's one I'll likely pick up.

sbj wrote:This surely has a nice positive vibe.
And as the other stated: Well executed :clap:

Cheers :tu:
thanks sbj. Positive is what I was going for. ;-)

Nice one! Definitely get a retro vibe… hints of Spacetime Continuum, or FSL… not sure what, but it's pressing those buttons for sure. The bass made me think of ABC for some reason. Anyhow, nice tidy package of chill - quite enjoyable. :)
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Nice one! Definitely get a retro vibe… hints of Spacetime Continuum, or FSL… not sure what, but it's pressing those buttons for sure. The bass made me think of ABC for some reason. Anyhow, nice tidy package of chill - quite enjoyable. :)
Spacetime Continuum eh? Yet another cool artist I'd never heard of.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts polyslax.

Love it, very clean, spacious, and emotional too

Return to “Music Cafe”