The great DAW vs. IQ POLL!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion

I have been using a DAW for 2 years but still need to use the manual for basic functionality. I am..

..maybe not best suited to operate a DAW.
13%
..maybe a bit dumb? Just a thought.
7%
..perfectly normal. Don't forget that many people can't even spell. Some even read the Daily Mail.
33%
..fish.
47%

Total votes: 15

RELATED
PRODUCTS

My conclusions on the subject have been questioned.
So I'm putting the issue out there for a second opinion.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Define "basic functionality". Something that is basic to me in MIDI editing might never be encountered by you, even though you might be an experienced user who works almost exclusively with audio, for example. In that case, it would be perfectly normal for you to consult the manual if you needed to do some MIDI work. That has nothing to do with your IQ - it's just experience. Maybe I'm just missing the point of this poll.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

You know I'm totally down with the fish. Get about like a trout.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Get about like a trout.
...and jammin like a salmon.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:Define "basic functionality". Something that is basic to me in MIDI editing might never be encountered by you, even though you might be an experienced user who works almost exclusively with audio, for example. In that case, it would be perfectly normal for you to consult the manual if you needed to do some MIDI work. That has nothing to do with your IQ - it's just experience. Maybe I'm just missing the point of this poll.
It wasn't well defined. I'm guessing that basic functionality means copying regions, editing MIDI notes, adding an instrument or effect to a track, that sort of thing.

Of course I'm sure you realise the poll is done in jest.

cryophonik wrote:
...and biting like a Barracuda! :evil:

A DAW vs IQ poll should go like this:

Vote your DAW:

StudioOne
Cubase
Reaper
Logic

Vote your IQ
<200
<150
<100
<50

Then you can plot the correlation. If you wanna include FruityLoops you have to extend the IQ scale to the negative :D

spaceman wrote: Of course I'm sure you realise the poll is done in jest.
Joke, huh? I get jokes.

cryophonik wrote:Define "basic functionality". Something that is basic to me in MIDI editing might never be encountered by you,
I've been using FLS for a decade (approx.) and know what? I'm still searching the 'MIDI event list editor'. :cry:

elassi wrote:
cryophonik wrote:Define "basic functionality". Something that is basic to me in MIDI editing might never be encountered by you,
I've been using FLS for a decade (approx.) and know what? I'm still searching the 'MIDI event list editor'. :cry:
That's dementia, that's not dumb.

spaceman wrote:That's dementia, that's not dumb.
No, it's hopeless habit, because it never existed in FLS. :cry: :D

http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Reaper = highest IQ user base

Bitwig = lowest IQ user base

Renoise = Neo from the freakin' matrix user base

Tricky-Loops wrote:
cryophonik wrote:
...and biting like a Barracuda! :evil:

...aand wubwubwubbin' like a wolffish..... :party:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”