DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

I love this synth, now i feel the urge to design sound from scratch instead of tweaking a couple of presets. Already using it in one of my project. :tu:

You know how sometime a synth speak to you? This one speak better to me than any synth i've ever own.
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:I love this synth, now i feel the urge to design sound from scratch instead of tweaking a couple of presets. Already using it in one of my project. :tu:

You know how sometime a synth speak to you? This one speak better to me than any synth i've ever own.
Glad that I'm not the only one.

xamido wrote:I love this synth, now i feel the urge to design sound from scratch instead of tweaking a couple of presets. Already using it in one of my project. :tu:

Just today Dune 2 was speaking to me...

It was saying,"Man,I wish that I could load single cycle waveforms" :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote:Just today Dune 2 was speaking to me...

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but you could try the "one shot" button on the WT mode tab. If that is not it, then I don't know. It's a feature I don't see documented in the manual.

digitalboytn wrote:

Nah, i don't really need that feature. For me the wavetable is enough. I have a lot of WT to explore with already. :D
musisikamar.com

It even makes you rave in pictures, almost love letters*.

--------
*analyzing your post :)

Richard_Synapse wrote:Should definitely work, I've used it in quite a few patches. :)

It does work different from Dune 1. The base note is C-1, so it works from the lowest key to the highest, not around the middle C. One simple way to test it is to set Cutoff to zero then apply 100% keytracking to Cutoff from the mod matrix.

Also new is Frequency Track, which is the same as Keytrack except it works on a log scale. Very useful as an alternative to the linear keytracking.

Richard
Okay, I get it now.
For most it's a setting around -50 or -60, and then having to adjust the main output level to compensate for the lower output. It works good like that too. It's just the change in the key tracking that made things seem off there.
Now things are good again.

I like this synth. So much, that I bought it today.

Two features I've been missing, so far:

- A lock for the arpeggiator would be nice. So I can browse presets while keeping the pattern.
- I'd like to be able to save MSEG patterns. I have quite a few complex trancegate patterns which I want to program in, for use in different presets. Would be too much work to draw them new all the time...

I'm loving the synth also. I didn't like the first version too much as you really had to imagine all those layers in there, but now you get to see it, so that makes diff-uni really cool concept. What I miss is relative bounding of the same parameter when multiple layers are selected. Also multiple makrekrs on buttons to show how the parameter is set in other voices than the one you are editing would be cool.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

digitalboytn wrote:

You can load Waveforms with the Wavetableeditor. :idea:

1 wavetable - 33 Waves :)
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

I don't own this synth (yet), although listening to the demos, I think I may be able to sell my Virus TI.

Seriously.
http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd - 150+ synth demo videos.
DP, Omnisphere 2, Diva, Zebra, Alchemy, Sylenth1
Montage 8, Moog LP, Yamaha MOX6, Virus TI Polar

Reminds me of Rob Lee. I remember him saying he has not used his Virus as much since getting DUNE 2.

A lock for the arpeggiator well dialing in presets, should please be a standard in all VST's.

PietW. wrote:
digitalboytn wrote:

You can load Waveforms with the Wavetableeditor. :idea:

1 wavetable - 33 Waves :)
It doesnt have to be 33 waves. You can load many more or just a few.

I kid you not, DUNE 2 was in my dream last night. Odd thing is I've never even downloaded or used it.

Might have to try it now.

Return to “Instruments”