What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

BBFG#
KVRAF

3520 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Wed May 21, 2014 5:18 pm Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

audientronic wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
MillerSam wrote:yes but a Reaktor 6 will be great ;)
2005 was Reaktor 5 released ;)

I was born 1967 and haven't had an update, still working fine too.

Technically speaking, you are constantly being updated. Let's say on the "granular" level.

Not to mention you have all the 'work-arounds' down by now. :wink:
djshire
KVRist

399 posts since 10 Jun, 2011, from Detroit

Postby djshire; Wed May 21, 2014 5:47 pm Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

If you don't own Reaktor, you should. The stock stuff is great, there are many neat ensembles to purchase from NI, and the user library and free 3rd party ensembles are AMAZING. Reaktor is amazing in that you could conceivably make an entire track using it....and I'm not just talking about drums, percussion, basses, leads, etc., I mean you can apply effects, mix, and master with Reaktor.

Get it, its worth it.
Shask
KVRist

49 posts since 18 Jun, 2013

Postby Shask; Wed May 21, 2014 5:52 pm Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

Such a good price, I would consider buying it again :lol:

I love using it, but I wish I had the time to learn it better.
keyman_sam
KVRAF

3396 posts since 7 Mar, 2005

Postby keyman_sam; Wed May 21, 2014 6:46 pm Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

What a steal. I can survive with just Reaktor, Battery and Kontakt.

The only area I wish they geniunely improved was the sampler. I still can't figure out the sample map thing. Nowhere as intuitive as Kontakt.

There's a crapload of sample-based effects in Reaktor and i still can't fully use most of them due to the convoluted sampler interface in Reaktor.
Alesis Fusion 6HD for sale/trade - Pm me!

Sample Libraries for Shortcircuit
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

6578 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Wed May 21, 2014 7:59 pm Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

Here is a free Sample Map Generator, in case you find creating Maps difficult: http://relivethefuture.com/choronzon/so ... generator/
dave dove
KVRian

537 posts since 31 Aug, 2007

Postby dave dove; Wed May 21, 2014 9:52 pm Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

a quick tutorial vid
showing how to use the free Sample Map Generator

http://youtu.be/bplY-TDA3zs

dave
ghettosynth
KVRAF

4045 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Wed May 21, 2014 10:28 pm Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

I hope so, they have been giving Reaktor some nice minor changes but I'd really like to see a few major changes.
abstractcats
KVRAF

3049 posts since 19 Aug, 2008, from USA-lien In the 8th Dimention

Postby abstractcats; Wed May 21, 2014 11:37 pm Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a free Sample Map Generator, in case you find creating Maps difficult: http://relivethefuture.com/choronzon/so ... generator/

And its, super easy, to use.
FLWrd
KVRist

372 posts since 18 May, 2010

Postby FLWrd; Thu May 22, 2014 12:33 am Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

I don't know how I managed to live without Reaktor now that I've discovered this ensemble: http://www.native-instruments.com/en/co ... show/7463/
How in the hell is it possible that that's free?
kev2525
KVRist

234 posts since 7 Apr, 2010

Postby kev2525; Thu May 22, 2014 1:40 am Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

Would I be correct in assuming that Reaktor usually qualifies for a cheaper upgrade path to komplete? So if I buy this I could potentially upgrade to Komplete when the cheap upgrade deals come round in the summer?
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man
Horse
KVRist

55 posts since 13 Dec, 2000

Postby Horse; Thu May 22, 2014 1:44 am Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

Have they added the ability for the user to create stand-alone VST's from Reaktor ensembles yet?
I felt that was something that might be handy.

H
Ben H
KVRAF

1568 posts since 28 Jul, 2003

Postby Ben H; Thu May 22, 2014 1:52 am Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

Horse wrote:Have they added the ability for the user to create stand-alone VST's from Reaktor ensembles yet?
I felt that was something that might be handy.

H

No... and they wont... because it doesn't make good business sense to do so.

Once people can create their own VSTs from Reaktor, then no one would need to purchase Reaktor anymore to run ensembles.

So they would be shooting themselves in the foot, by doing that. :shrug:
My main tools: Alchemy, Iris, Kontakt, Omnisphere, Padshop Pro, and SWAM.
Horse
KVRist

55 posts since 13 Dec, 2000

Postby Horse; Thu May 22, 2014 2:12 am Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

Ah.. I come from the days when people bought Reaktor to create ensembles.

I found the preset saving within a DAW host became horribly involved when you had to remember to save your ensemble in Reaktor first before then saving a music project, otherwise you'd lose your patch or settings.
And then you ended up with a multitude of the same ensemble but with variations on the name. Unless all that has changed!

I imagine if people are just using it as a shell for VST's then that's different, although it doesn't preclude NI from putting out their own Reaktor based instruments and effects without the requirement of needing the host program before they run.

H
marvotron
KVRist

493 posts since 7 Jul, 2004, from Skopje

Postby marvotron; Thu May 22, 2014 2:21 am Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

abstractcats wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a free Sample Map Generator, in case you find creating Maps difficult: http://relivethefuture.com/choronzon/so ... generator/

And its, super easy, to use.

There's also a newer (open source) version with more formats supported (Ableton Live, Renoise, SFZ) : http://relivethefuture.com/choronzon/20 ... builder-2/

Probably not easier to use though if you just want to quickly convert your hard drive structure into sample maps. Still fairly easy though :)

As for Reaktor 6. I really hope its coming soon as whilst I do love Reaktor there are quite a few things which are way too laborious that I'd like to see improved.
tonkatodd
KVRist

243 posts since 25 Jun, 2010

Postby tonkatodd; Thu May 22, 2014 2:40 am Re: Native Instruments Reaktor huge sale - Reaktor 6 on the way ?

Horse wrote:Ah.. I come from the days when people bought Reaktor to create ensembles.

I found the preset saving within a DAW host became horribly involved when you had to remember to save your ensemble in Reaktor first before then saving a music project, otherwise you'd lose your patch or settings.
And then you ended up with a multitude of the same ensemble but with variations on the name. Unless all that has changed!

I imagine if people are just using it as a shell for VST's then that's different, although it doesn't preclude NI from putting out their own Reaktor based instruments and effects without the requirement of needing the host program before they run.

H

It was a big annoyance for me when using multiples of the same ensemble for me. I've gotten into the habit of updating my snaps in each instance. I just make sure that instance 1 is using say snap 56 and instance 2 is using snap 57 etc and I just remember to save the ensemble after each snap saving so when I close the project down and reopen it then each instance is still using the correct snap, This way it's all preserved as they are all accessing the same ensemble but different snap. It took a while to get in the habit of doing this but it works.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments