What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

xamido
KVRian

914 posts since 1 May, 2010

Postby xamido; Tue May 20, 2014 11:33 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

I love this synth, now i feel the urge to design sound from scratch instead of tweaking a couple of presets. Already using it in one of my project. :tu:

You know how sometime a synth speak to you? This one speak better to me than any synth i've ever own.
GAS
Yorrrrrr
KVRist

153 posts since 25 Sep, 2011, from Cartagena - Colombia

Postby Yorrrrrr; Tue May 20, 2014 12:23 pm Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

xamido wrote:I love this synth, now i feel the urge to design sound from scratch instead of tweaking a couple of presets. Already using it in one of my project. :tu:

You know how sometime a synth speak to you? This one speak better to me than any synth i've ever own.

Glad that I'm not the only one.
digitalboytn
KVRian

658 posts since 7 Dec, 2008, from Global Cowboy

Postby digitalboytn; Tue May 20, 2014 2:01 pm Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

xamido wrote:I love this synth, now i feel the urge to design sound from scratch instead of tweaking a couple of presets. Already using it in one of my project. :tu:

Just today Dune 2 was speaking to me...

It was saying,"Man,I wish that I could load single cycle waveforms" :wink:
Sorry - I don't use auto-tune....
Yorrrrrr
KVRist

Postby Yorrrrrr; Tue May 20, 2014 2:07 pm Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

digitalboytn wrote:Just today Dune 2 was speaking to me...

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but you could try the "one shot" button on the WT mode tab. If that is not it, then I don't know. It's a feature I don't see documented in the manual.
xamido
KVRian

914 posts since 1 May, 2010

Postby xamido; Tue May 20, 2014 2:11 pm Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

digitalboytn wrote:

Nah, i don't really need that feature. For me the wavetable is enough. I have a lot of WT to explore with already. :D
GAS
elassi
KVRian

1089 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Postby elassi; Tue May 20, 2014 2:17 pm Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

It even makes you rave in pictures, almost love letters*.

--------
*analyzing your post :)
mcnoone
KVRAF

5362 posts since 8 Oct, 2007, from an inharmonious society

Postby mcnoone; Tue May 20, 2014 2:23 pm Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Richard_Synapse wrote:Should definitely work, I've used it in quite a few patches. :)

It does work different from Dune 1. The base note is C-1, so it works from the lowest key to the highest, not around the middle C. One simple way to test it is to set Cutoff to zero then apply 100% keytracking to Cutoff from the mod matrix.

Also new is Frequency Track, which is the same as Keytrack except it works on a log scale. Very useful as an alternative to the linear keytracking.

Richard

Okay, I get it now.
For most it's a setting around -50 or -60, and then having to adjust the main output level to compensate for the lower output. It works good like that too. It's just the change in the key tracking that made things seem off there.
Now things are good again.
larsomat
KVRer

27 posts since 22 May, 2013

Postby larsomat; Wed May 21, 2014 5:46 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

I like this synth. So much, that I bought it today.

Two features I've been missing, so far:

- A lock for the arpeggiator would be nice. So I can browse presets while keeping the pattern.
- I'd like to be able to save MSEG patterns. I have quite a few complex trancegate patterns which I want to program in, for use in different presets. Would be too much work to draw them new all the time...
FarleyCZ
KVRian

698 posts since 26 Jun, 2008, from Czech Republic

Postby FarleyCZ; Wed May 21, 2014 6:35 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

I'm loving the synth also. I didn't like the first version too much as you really had to imagine all those layers in there, but now you get to see it, so that makes diff-uni really cool concept. What I miss is relative bounding of the same parameter when multiple layers are selected. Also multiple makrekrs on buttons to show how the parameter is set in other voices than the one you are editing would be cool.
PietW.
KVRian

679 posts since 6 May, 2010, from Munich, Germany

Postby PietW.; Wed May 21, 2014 6:37 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

digitalboytn wrote:

You can load Waveforms with the Wavetableeditor. :idea:

1 wavetable - 33 Waves :)
mwalthius
KVRist

56 posts since 23 Feb, 2005, from Chicago, IL, USA

Postby mwalthius; Wed May 21, 2014 6:59 pm Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

I don't own this synth (yet), although listening to the demos, I think I may be able to sell my Virus TI.

Seriously.
http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd - 150+ synth demo videos.
27" iMac, DP, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra, Alchemy, MOTU Ethno 2, Sylenth1
Jupiter-50, Moog LP, Yamaha MOX6, Virus TI Polar, Yamaha U3 Piano
Yorrrrrr
KVRist

Postby Yorrrrrr; Wed May 21, 2014 7:10 pm Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Reminds me of Rob Lee. I remember him saying he has not used his Virus as much since getting DUNE 2.
Happy Frog
KVRist

450 posts since 13 Aug, 2008

Postby Happy Frog; Wed May 21, 2014 8:27 pm Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

A lock for the arpeggiator well dialing in presets, should please be a standard in all VST's.
Kriminal
KVRAF

18827 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Wed May 21, 2014 9:42 pm Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

PietW. wrote:
digitalboytn wrote:

You can load Waveforms with the Wavetableeditor. :idea:

1 wavetable - 33 Waves :)

It doesnt have to be 33 waves. You can load many more or just a few.
audiosabre
KVRian

847 posts since 24 Jul, 2008, from North-West England

Postby audiosabre; Thu May 22, 2014 1:08 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

I kid you not, DUNE 2 was in my dream last night. Odd thing is I've never even downloaded or used it.

Might have to try it now.
Pretty Boy Johnny
Image Image
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments