Tips

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

presenting:

EatMe - Tips

EatMe - Tips.mp3

by EatMe / free music

some rights reserved, see this Creative Commons BY-NC-ND license

enjoy!

I really like your choice of sounds, especially the bouncy synth sound that comes in with the drums at the beginning. Great grooves in this tune. I also like your use of dynamics. There's a pad that sounds like it has sidechain compression applied to it. However it was achieved the gating on that pad got a little distracting at points. Nice tune.

Nice buildup. it's quite minimal sounding but the sounds keep on growing :)

What I would like is a bit more melody though

ecamburn wrote:I really like your choice of sounds, especially the bouncy synth sound that comes in with the drums at the beginning. Great grooves in this tune. I also like your use of dynamics. There's a pad that sounds like it has sidechain compression applied to it. However it was achieved the gating on that pad got a little distracting at points. Nice tune.
Hi there, thank you for your comment. I made the sidechain with a LFO to a high pass filter ramping down to the beat on the synths creating sort of a wah and a LFO with a volume ramp up on the bass synthesizer to the beat. The gating on the pad is achieved in many ways; there is a change of length of the decay in most synths and there is some build with (some stepped) filter automation and delay and reverb that builds up to the breaks. Happy to see the tune is nice in your opinion, glad to have pleased you. Ktxbai,

EatMe / free music

Jesse Gorter wrote:Nice buildup. it's quite minimal sounding but the sounds keep on growing :)

What I would like is a bit more melody though
Thank you for your comments and consideration. With many different synthesizer tracks in this tune, each with their own build, and also some builds in the drums, I tried to keep the flow going. Thank you for letting me know that you would like to hear some more melodic parts, I'm not sure whether I will add any more to the tune though. Thanks again for commenting. Stay tuned!

EatMe / free music

It's just my taste ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”