this patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded...kontakt 5.3.1 loading new samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Despite this being such a common message, I have not been able to google a solution yet, any help would be much appreciated. I have several new sample libraries that get this message when I try to 'Load' from the file menu, and cannot load them as 'add library'. These dont appear to be registrable libraries either.

Thanks

Thomas_Pynchon wrote:Despite this being such a common message, I have not been able to google a solution yet, any help would be much appreciated. I have several new sample libraries that get this message when I try to 'Load' from the file menu, and cannot load them as 'add library'. These dont appear to be registrable libraries either.

Thanks
Did you read this thread?

yes, found it confusing, but thanks.

Thomas_Pynchon wrote:yes, found it confusing, but thanks.
Did it help, or do we need to look further?

You might submit a support ticket for it.

didn't help unfortunately. the OP of that thread resolved his issue by 'adding library' instead, it was the advice after that that I found a bit confusing...

Also just discovered that everything I load into kontakt gets removed when quitting. Reloaded and found nothing in my Kontakt. (??)

Nothing was sorted by advice in that thread per se. I found the original post a little dodgy. A normal installation puts the pertinent things exactly in the right directory, and the OP was reading on the internet about copying them from 'some folder'.

'Add Library' works if the library is a 'Powered by Kontakt' aka Kontakt Player-ready library. If you have not 'activated', entered your serial number in Service Center, this is the message, 'encrypted' (the samples are encrypted and will not load).
the other thread, somebody wrote:when I try to add the library, it says none found
This means there is no library. 'Library' in 'no library found' means there is a file nkx.info, or if built in Kontakt 5, .nicnt. That is what Kontakt has to find in order for the graphics to show up in the Libraries tab in the Browser.
Thomas_Pynchon wrote:didn't help unfortunately. the OP of that thread resolved his issue by 'adding library' instead, it was the advice after that that I found a bit confusing...
A Kontakt 5 Library's top directory looks like this (although .nicnt and the info.nkx is redundant. I think it means the library predates Kontakt 5.):

"Encrypted ... will not load" is its own problem.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat May 24, 2014 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thomas_Pynchon wrote:Also just discovered that everything I load into kontakt gets removed when quitting. Reloaded and found nothing in my Kontakt. (??)
Your initial post is not perfectly clear to me. Not registerable; are they things that work in Kontakt Player, or not. I think they aren't. I'm not sure, but the things I have had to have a serial number for were all Kontakt Player-ready, aka 'Powered by Kontakt' libraries which have the file that makes it a Browser-Libraries thing. One way to know is by the picture I made, you don't have those guys, it isn't. 'Encrypted/will not load' is about the samples below that being protected. In a Powered by Kontakt lib., those files will ultimately contain a code which represents your authorization, but this is two levels.

Maybe your installation of Kontakt is at fault.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat May 24, 2014 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Musical Gym wrote:You might submit a support ticket for it.
that
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thanks very much, what is a support ticket.

Thomas_Pynchon wrote:Thanks very much, what is a support ticket.
You go to NI tech support, log in, and fill out the information regarding your system, product, problem, etc.
Depending on workload, you might get an answer in maybe a week to three weeks.

is that question for real? :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
is that question for real? :lol:
Each one of us had to start somewhere.

chapter two: what is a webpage? :)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”